drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach

NFL's top 100 players

Top 100 Players of 2013 - NFL.com

I watched 100-91, and I'm shocked Stafford made the lise even at 100, and how the HELL is there 8 other RBs that are better than Matt Forte??
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Stafford threw for almost 15,000 yards over the past 3 seasons alone... he should be well above #100.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Stafford threw for almost 15,000 yards over the past 3 seasons alone... he should be well above #100.
    Stafford also blew the Lion's chances of the post season, and refused to make himself accountable to his own players insuring nothing would change.

Wait until you see the other QBs that were left off this list and ask if which you would want for next year... Stafford without Megatron is a INT throwing egomaniac.

Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    Stafford also blew the Lion's chances of the post season, and refused to make himself accountable to his own players insuring nothing would change.

Wait until you see the other QBs that were left off this list and ask if which you would want for next year... Stafford without Megatron is a INT throwing egomaniac.
    That's your personal opinions and pure speculation... the guy can play football.

Stafford has only thrown 20 INTs once in his career, and that was his rookie season.

He's thrown 90 TD's over the past 3 years, Johnson only accounts 33 TD receptions during the same time.

Stafford can ball. Get over it.

That's your personal opinions and pure speculation... the guy can play football.

Stafford has only thrown 20 INTs once in his career, and that was his rookie season.

He's thrown 90 TD's over the past 3 years, Johnson only accounts 33 TD receptions during the same time.

Stafford can ball. Get over it.
    Wow, I disagree with you once, and I'm dead to you, eh?

Bring it on.

Stafford was LUCKY to get on this list, and that is a quote from multiple players IN the NFL, not me. There are LOT of hard feelings on the Lions team after Stafford's meltdown last year, mainly because some thought it was at least partially avoidable.

QBs, like it or not, don't just get to "ball" then go home. The offense looks to him to be a leader, and Stafford has done the opposite with his team, at least last year. And this is a list of the top players FOR last year, so its kinda relevant, ya know?

How is that for "getting over it"? Your passive-aggressive kung fu is meaningless to me, I live with 5 females.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Bring it on.

Stafford was LUCKY to get on this list, and that is a quote from multiple players IN the NFL, not me. There are LOT of hard feelings on the Lions team after Stafford's meltdown last year, mainly because some thought it was at least partially avoidable.

QBs, like it or not, don't just get to "ball" then go home. The offense looks to him to be a leader, and Stafford has done the opposite with his team, at least last year. And this is a list of the top players FOR last year, so its kinda relevant, ya know?

How is that for "getting over it"? Your passive-aggressive kung fu is meaningless to me, I live with 5 females.
    Actually I think this is meant to be the top 100 list for 2014.

Detroit added Golden Tate and Ebron to their offense. They named Joe Lombardi as OC who has been the QB coach for the Saints and done quite well with Drew Brees. Considering Stafford's historical production, not much of a stretch to put him at 100.

Also read where Detroit led the league with 58 dropped balls last year.

Bring it on.
    Dead to me? Huh? I like you're opinions and enjoy talking, just disagree on this point.

Also, the "direct quote from many players IN the NFL" wish they had Stafford's production over the past three years. Say what you want, but the guy is currently a top 10-15 QB in the league... which would easily put him in the top 100 players list.

I wholeheartedly disagree with ranking him 100th, don't care what some moronic football players say.

Dead to me? Huh? I like you're opinions and enjoy talking, just disagree on this point.

Also, the "direct quote from many players IN the NFL" wish they had Stafford's production over the past three years. Say what you want, but the guy is currently a top 10-15 QB in the league... which would easily put him in the top 100 players list.

I wholeheartedly disagree with ranking him 100th, don't care what some moronic football players say.
    I'm glad to hear that you do enjoy the conversations, it really felt like you took some things personal. Like I said elsewhere, you and I tend to agree on a lot, so if you were irritated with me, it was a bit of a surprise.

Last year, Stafford really screwed the pooch with his own players, and I think his drop to 100 is directly due to that. I also think that last year there were better QBs; but this list, as Tasty was eluding to, is based not only on the 2013 season, but "who you would want on your team for 2014". Not only that, many players use the lifetime of the player's performances to choose their own list, which further screws the thing up.

I know that you like the kid more than I do, and there is a lot of statistics that would back you up in that. I personally think the problems the Lions had last year in the second half can be laid at his feet (not all, of course... just the big ones that could have been fixed and were not), and it shows a hole in his leadership. Now, Cam Newton had similar "holes", but through the help of his father and brother, has started to overcome those challenges.

If Stafford makes similar changes, your opinion will carry the day. But if he continues with more of the same, he will also continue to tumble in player's expectations, and we will not see him on this list next year. I think it is up to him, and whether he learned anything.

phaninphx is offline Training Camp
    I was happy to see Vontaze Burfict make the list. I am a huge Sun Devils fan and have been following his career closely. He had an awesome sophomore season and then had a meltdown his junior season. I really hoped he would come back for another season and get back on track but he declared himself eligible for the draft. He had gone from 1st round lock to 5th or 6th round hopeful. Then he blew his interviews and stopped participating in his Pro Day workouts and became borderline undraftable. I knew someone would at least take a look at him. He was too talented to ignore.

I guess it's easy to become puffed up with pride when you're 19/20 and having everyone tell you how great you are. Going undrafted was the wakeup call he needed. I'm glad he matured and got his career back on track. He should be expecting a nice contract extension next year.

Quote Originally Posted by phaninphx View Post
    I was happy to see Vontaze Burfict make the list. I am a huge Sun Devils fan and have been following his career closely. He had an awesome sophomore season and then had a meltdown his junior season. I really hoped he would come back for another season and get back on track but he declared himself eligible for the draft. He had gone from 1st round lock to 5th or 6th round hopeful. Then he blew his interviews and stopped participating in his Pro Day workouts and became borderline undraftable. I knew someone would at least take a look at him. He was too talented to ignore.

I guess it's easy to become puffed up with pride when you're 19/20 and having everyone tell you how great you are. Going undrafted was the wakeup call he needed. I'm glad he matured and got his career back on track. He should be expecting a nice contract extension next year.
    He was a stud, and a lot of fun to watch. There are a LOT of players this year that also fit into that category, along with the same old "lifetime achievement" players, which drives me crazy.

I am extremely shocked at how far the RBs have dropped in player's minds. I understand the coaches attitudes, but the players??

Matt Forte drove me NUTS, I cannot believe where he landed.