Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: NFL's best rivalries ... RIGHT NOW

"NordicNed" wrote:
    It's been on my " To Do " list for that past 40 years, seeing the Vikings play against the Pack in person.
    This will be the year that my dream comes true.
    That is one season ticket that is staying in my hands, and the only way someone will get it is to pry it from my cold dead hand.....

I can arrange that...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

A wise man once said, it take 2 things to make a Rivalry........Fanatics and Players who despise thier opponent.

Wonder what some of the old timers would think........

Mickey Mantle - On going to the Sox.....
    Vince - On a PUKER going to the Vikings.......
    Red - On Larry playing for the Lakers.......
    TK - On Kirby playing for the Yankees......
    Fran the Man - On Lord Noodle Arm Dickhead playing for the Vikes......(Wait, we know that one...... ;D)

Face it my friends, since the onset of Free Agency, there are no more rivalries.
    Only a bunch of players, and Owners, out there to make a dime at the expense of the fan.

Players move around so much that they don't get to the point that they grow that kindof despite for another team (Skins/Cowboys) and fans, well, hell, we have a whole bunch that would welcome Lord Dickhead Noodle Arm in purple with open arms.

No wonder so many fans now watch college ball and refuse to follow the pro game.
    Maybe the Bengals aren't my answer..........

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    A wise man once said, it take 2 things to make a Rivalry........Fanatics and Players who despise thier opponent.

Fran the Man - On Lord Noodle Arm Dickhead playing for the Vikes......(Wait, we know that one...... ;D)

Face it my friends, since the onset of Free Agency, there are no more rivalries.
    Only a bunch of players, and Owners, out there to make a dime at the expense of the fan.

Players move around so much that they don't get to the point that they grow that kindof despite for another team (Skins/Cowboys) and fans, well, hell, we have a whole bunch that would welcome Lord Dickhead Noodle Arm in purple with open arms.

No wonder so many fans now watch college ball and refuse to follow the pro game.

Yup, the times have changed with so many players moving from team to team. Damon and Clemens from the Red Sox to the Yankees. Years ago, who could ever picture Mantle, DiMaggio or Williams in another uniform? And Jackie Robinson quit rather than play for the hated Giants.

I remember when the Cowboys-Redskins and Steelers-Raiders were the top rivalries. Hatred is a bid part of these rivalries. Vikings-Packers is bound to move up closer to #1 over the next few years.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

"VikingMike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Yup, the times have changed with so many players moving from team to team. Damon and Clemens from the Red Sox to the Yankees. Years ago, who could ever picture Mantle, DiMaggio or Williams in another uniform? And Jackie Robinson quit rather than play for the hated Giants.

I remember when the Cowboys-Redskins and Steelers-Raiders were the top rivalries. Hatred is a bid part of these rivalries. Vikings-Packers is bound to move up closer to #1 over the next few years.
    Move closer...........
    ???

You do realize that he has such a PUKER fan following that most of those yutz's will become Vikings fans (for a time) and you will have PUKER fans cheering for the Vikes.....

How in the hell does that "Heat it up"?

Waters it down yes, heat it up, not so much.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Move closer...........
    ???

You do realize that he has such a PUKER fan following that most of those yutz's will become Vikings fans (for a time) and you will have PUKER fans cheering for the Vikes.....

no, you'll jsut be giving the die-hards on either side more reasons to hate each other.

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Move closer...........
    ???

no, you'll jsut be giving the die-hards on either side more reasons to hate each other.
    So 20,000, maybe even 30,000 or so will maintain thier feelings.
    Doesn't do anything for the rest of the state, which by the way, has already said no, when it comes to fan support for a stadium.

Anyway, I still contend that it will water it down.
    Such a sad moment in sports my friends.
    A sad moment indeed.
    :'(

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12