Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    PurplePowerPunch is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: NFL truth: Hip-hop culture hurting NFL

>Hip hop has nothing to do with this issue. Most of these guys just wanna win, and have fun doing it. I'm tired of Hip-Hop always taking the blame!!!

ALL DAY!!!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Actually, it is the fear of locusts ruining the playing field.
    Apparently terrorists have developed a strain of locusts that will devour artificial turf.
    I wish the author would quit dancing around the truth.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

JellyBean2144 is offline Pro-Bowler

That darn Hippety-Hop!! I am waiting for Jason Whitlock to crack one day, so that I can hear his excuse.

I don't put all of the problems on Hip-Hop, that is too easy. Hip-Hop has done many positive things for many people. To me, the problem is players of today have this attitude of "entitlement". We see it at the youth levels on up the ladder. Players today do not respect the games; baseball, football, or basketball.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Hip hop hurts me daily.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

I didn't see it as him blaming hip-hop, I saw it as him blaming players who attempt to emulate the pervasive attitude of hip-hop.
    He also mentioned Rockers as being "rebellious" and detrimental, but I didn't take that as calling out Rock.

Get a grip, kiddies.

His points are, whether or not you like it, irrefutable.
    Players like Pac-man Jones and Micheal Vick make up the minority of the NFL (attitude wise), but they draw the majority of the press coverage.
    As such, to "Joe Fan", he sees an epidemic based on media coverage when it's just a minor issue.
    And, when those same players associate themselves with the hip-hop culture, it casts a negative light on that culture due to the association.

Owners, GMs, and Coaches need to pull their heads out and start benching guys who are acting like 'tards...regardless of what type of music they listen to.
    Pacman got suspended, does anyone think he actually learned his lesson?
    Anyone think Micheal Vick is truly sorry about what he DID....or sorry he got CAUGHT?

So, is hip-hop ruining sports?
    Probably not, but I think we'll see a greater seperation now between hip-hop and the NFL.
    Much like the NFL never embraced Heavy Metal (music tailor-made for football - Megadeth's "Crush "em).
    Metal had a negative public image due to the rebellious nature of the music, just as hip-hop does.

Are there positive influences in Hip-Hop?
    I would assume so.
    Personally, I can't stand it, but that's my opinion.
    There were positive lements in metal years ago too (I'm talking about 80's-90's metal, not this power thrash crud of today).
    People didn't see them because it's easier to throw the baby out with the bathwater than to sort through piles of crapola to find a gem.

But, back to the point at hand.
    The author drew a line of comparrison between players who have recently been problematic and the culture they are associated with.
    Is he wrong?
    Nope.
    Players who emulate those types of values will continue to be problematic.
    And, sooner or later, fans, owners, and coaches will tire of their antics and they'll be gone.
    He isn't attacking the music, he's attacking the players.

Caine

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Caine lays down the law.... I'm cool if you want to delete my post and lock the thread.

That would be a suitable ending to this thread.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Damn AFROS....

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

It certainly could spell the end for african american athletes if they aren't careful. If you want evidence, look to the Norwegians. There used to be many of them in the NFL in the 50's and into the 60's but with all of the Lutefisk and Lefse and their wild parties ( they innovated the love boat party) they were slowly phased out of the NFL until only Jan Stenerud was left and he only lasted that long because of the Vikings and their Nordic bias.

Alas, the Norwegians are now just a distant memory.Don't let hip hop do it to you.

litlharsh is offline Coordinator

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    It certainly could spell the end for african american athletes if they aren't careful.
    ...uhhh

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

Deion Sanders must be saddened by this, apparently all those years in the nfl all he was really doing to poisoning football.
    There's always pre mad donas in every walk of life, don't try to blame hip hop...for stupid.

Thankfully Elvis Presley died, he would have surely brought on the end of the world with that rock and roll devil's music.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast