Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

Re: NFL Suspends Tank Johnson for 8 Games

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    I hate to be the guy to defend vick but that water bottle was a non-issue. There were no drugs inside(if there had been even a trace you can bet they would have charged him. His excuse that he used it to carry his jewelry seems very believable to me and actually quite smart, who is gonna steal his water bottle. The fact that he tried to carry it on to a plain seems less than intelligent but not at all illegal.
    LMAO.
    Come on, do you really believe that?
    I had you for a smarter guy than that.

Either way, it doesn't matter.
    If Vick gets suspended it will be for the dog fighting, not the water bottle.
    Although to be honest, I think a four game suspension is about right.
    If you were going to carry around millions of dollars in diamonds where would you keep them? The safest place might be where no one would look. I have heard of others doing similar like a guy that has a safe in his house but keeps his most valuable jewels in a fake box of baking soda in the fridge. Why do you think he is carrying the bottle with no drugs on him?
    Does that mean that he only uses it for jewelry, no. But he does use it for that.
    So what happens when you're on the plane, doze off for a nap, and the flight attendant thinks your empty bottle of water (with "millions of dollars" worth of diamonds) is garbage, and throws it into the trash compactor?

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    I hate to be the guy to defend vick but that water bottle was a non-issue. There were no drugs inside(if there had been even a trace you can bet they would have charged him. His excuse that he used it to carry his jewelry seems very believable to me and actually quite smart, who is gonna steal his water bottle. The fact that he tried to carry it on to a plain seems less than intelligent but not at all illegal.
    LMAO.

If you were going to carry around millions of dollars in diamonds where would you keep them? The safest place might be where no one would look. I have heard of others doing similar like a guy that has a safe in his house but keeps his most valuable jewels in a fake box of baking soda in the fridge. Why do you think he is carrying the bottle with no drugs on him?
    Does that mean that he only uses it for jewelry, no. But he does use it for that.
    So what happens when you're on the plane, doze off for a nap, and the flight attendant thinks your empty bottle of water (with "millions of dollars" worth of diamonds) is garbage, and throws it into the trash compactor?
    The water bottle, as I understand it, is filled with water, Actually not water but a clear liquid that is a little heavier than water to make it weigh the same as an unopened water bottle.

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    I still don't understand why he only gets 8 and and Pac-Man gets the whole year.
    One thing that has been unprecedented in Pacman's case is the fact that he got arrested twice for pot charges and never informed the team about it.
    The CBA clearly states that if you are arrested, you are required to inform the team about it.
    Pacman didn't, and it later came out that he was arrested.
    His mom or someone later copped to owning the trash bag full of pot, so the charges were dropped.
    However the fact that he was brought up on charges remains.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    LMAO.

The water bottle, as I understand it, is filled with water, Actually not water but a clear liquid that is a little heavier than water to make it weigh the same as an unopened water bottle.
    So that's what Pepsi is doing with it's leftovers

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    LMAO.

Hmm...weird.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"jmcdon00" wrote:

: Yeah, most jewelry smells like Marijuana & leaves a dark residue....

Vick reluctantly surrendered a water bottle to security at Miami International Airport that smelled like marijuana and contained a substance in a hidden compartment. He was not arrested and was allowed to board an AirTran flight that landed in Atlanta before noon Wednesday.

The bottle was found to have a compartment that contained "a small amount of dark particulate and a pungent aroma closely associated with marijuana," a Miami police report said. The compartment was hidden by the bottle's label so that it appeared to be a full bottle of water when held upright, police said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2735061

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"jmcdon00" wrote:

: SMART? I don't think so. At that time you were not allowed to carry liquids on board in any fashion, thus the reason for the confiscated bottle in the first place.

Only an idiot would try to get on board with an item in full view of security that he knew was illegal to bring on board.

Bottom line, Vick is an idiot & got away with that one because of his high profile & fame.

If that were you or me, the video never would have been erased, the test would have come back positive & we would have been found guilty.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

Celebrities think they can get away with anything and everything.
    It is time that ends.

i for one am tired of it.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Can somebody clarify: does the 8 game suspension include the 4 preseaason games?
    I mean, the NFL insists that preseason games are real games.
    If it does include the preseason then the suspension is 12 games, not 8.

I read the article, it just wasn't clear.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

"SKOL" wrote:
    Can somebody clarify: does the 8 game suspension include the 4 preseaason games?
    I mean, the NFL insists that preseason games are real games.
    If it does include the preseason then the suspension is 12 games, not 8.

I read the article, it just wasn't clear.
    I guess singers second article clarified this:

Johnson was suspended for the first eight games of the regular season for violating the NFL’s personal conduct policy. Goodell left the door open for reducing the suspension by two games but even if that happens the Vikings won’t see Johnson the first time around.

So I wonder if he can play the preseason?
    Stay tuned for my next post.

???

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast