Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: NFL Suspends Tank Johnson for 8 Games

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Either way, it doesn't matter.
    If Vick gets suspended it will be for the dog fighting, not the water bottle.
    Although to be honest, I think a four game suspension is about right.
    Okay - I snipped the snarky reply - mostly because I like you, Paul!
    :^)

4 games?
    For breaking multiple state laws and sponsoring stone-age death competitions between helpless animals?
    No frigging way.
    8, minimum.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    I hate to be the guy to defend vick but that water bottle was a non-issue. There were no drugs inside(if there had been even a trace you can bet they would have charged him. His excuse that he used it to carry his jewelry seems very believable to me and actually quite smart, who is gonna steal his water bottle. The fact that he tried to carry it on to a plain seems less than intelligent but not at all illegal.
    LMAO.
    Come on, do you really believe that?
    I had you for a smarter guy than that.

If you were going to carry around millions of dollars in diamonds where would you keep them? The safest place might be where no one would look. I have heard of others doing similar like a guy that has a safe in his house but keeps his most valuable jewels in a fake box of baking soda in the fridge. Why do you think he is carrying the bottle with no drugs on him?
    Does that mean that he only uses it for jewelry, no. But he does use it for that.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

4 games?
    For breaking multiple state laws and sponsoring stone-age death competitions between helpless animals?
    No frigging way.
    8, minimum.

=Z=
    I think Vick is deplorable, and dogfighting despicable.
    If he gets an 8 game suspension I will be ecstatic.
    But I don't think that his actions (as far as we understand them right now) warrant the same punishment as Tank.

In December, police raided Johnson's home in a Chicago suburb and found six unregistered guns. He was sent to jail for violating his probation in a previous weapons case, and later pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge and received a concurrent 45-day prison sentence. Two days after the police raid, Johnson was at a nightclub when a man described as his friend and bodyguard was shot and killed.
    Guns, probation violations, people getting shot and killed... that beats dogfighting any day.

Now, if it comes out that Vick's involvement was more than breeding dogs for fighting.
    Like if he has actually been organizing the fighting rings, then I think it will go more.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

4 games?
    No frigging way.
    8, minimum.

=Z=
    Cockfighting is still legal in some states. Bull fighting is very popular in Mexico (the matador repeatedly stabs the bull until it dies.
    Bull riding is still very popular and legal in the US (tie a rope to a bulls nuts so it tries to kick the rider off, I might rather have death then have someone continuesly tighten a rope around my nuts.). Yet some people think that dog fighting should be punishable by death. I agree that it is illegal and that anyone involved should be punished but let's keep it in perspective.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    If you were going to carry around millions of dollars in diamonds where would you keep them? The safest place might be where no one would look. I have heard of others doing similar like a guy that has a safe in his house but keeps his most valuable jewels in a fake box of baking soda in the fridge. Why do you think he is carrying the bottle with no drugs on him?
    Does that mean that he only uses it for jewelry, no. But he does use it for that.
    The opportunity to carry around millions of dollars of diamonds has never presented itself to me.
    If it does, I hope I am smart enough not to run and get my cheech bottle and store them in there.
    Vick didn't have anything in it at the time (including jewelery), but I guess it isn't that far of a stretch to believe that it was used for jewelery in the airport.
    But I am in no way convinced.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

4 games?
    No frigging way.
    8, minimum.

=Z=
    I think Vick is deplorable, and dogfighting despicable.
    If he gets an 8 game suspension I will be ecstatic.
    But I don't think that his actions (as far as we understand them right now) warrant the same punishment as Tank.

In December, police raided Johnson's home in a Chicago suburb and found six unregistered guns. He was sent to jail for violating his probation in a previous weapons case, and later pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge and received a concurrent 45-day prison sentence. Two days after the police raid, Johnson was at a nightclub when a man described as his friend and bodyguard was shot and killed.
    Guns, probation violations, people getting shot and killed... that beats dogfighting any day.

Now, if it comes out that Vick's involvement was more than breeding dogs for fighting.
    Like if he has actually been organizing the fighting rings, then I think it will go more.
    The conventional wisdom is that Tank only got 8 games because he already did 2 months in the clink.

And I don't know if I believe that having an assload of illegal guns in your home while on probation is as bad as pitting two animals against each other in a fight to the death.

=Z=

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

To me this lack of aggression does not stand........ he get locked up for a Probation Violation for a 2nd charge involving weapons he should be suspended the whole year.
    8 games to me is not enough he is a repeat offender and they give him 8 games with the possibilty of it being 6 games if he plays by the rules,to me this suspension is kaka del rio. 
    Now Mike Vick he deserves if he is suspended I think 10 games is kinda strict but definetly it is pretty harsh to get 2 dogs so mad they fight each other and 1 has to die.That is inhumane.

MMLV
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Not to throw a monkey wrench in here but consider this......
    I have been in a kindof pissy mood all day anyway
    ;D

I'm sure the lawyer(s) on the site can clean up my effort at legalize/lawyerly speak
    ;D

This is a company issue related to thier employees and thier behavior in contridiction to company policy.

When I signed my offer sheet (contract) my company went over the does/don'ts of what is expected of thier employees.

If I do something outside of those guidelines my company (replace that with the NFL) could/would fire me (Insert player name here) for a heck of alot less stuff than these guys have done regardless of if I had been convicted by a court or not.

The reality of all this is my company doesn't rely on me to the point that I am the face of the company so I can/will get pooh canned a heck of alot faster than say a Mike Vick, however, it appears the CEO (NFL Commish) is starting to enforce some policy that has been a bit ignored in the past in an effort to clear/clean up public perception of his company.

In short, heads will roll regardless of court proceedings if the CEO (Commish) deems necessary.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    In short, heads will roll regardless of court proceedings if the CEO (Commish) deems necessary.
    And you are absolutely correct.
    The NFL does not have to wait for the courts to catch up.
    The policy in question covers any conduct which puts the league in a bad light.
    Even if said player is later acquitted, the fact that he was charged AT ALL put the leage in a bad light.

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    And you are absolutely correct.
    The NFL does not have to wait for the courts to catch up.
    The policy in question covers any conduct which puts the league in a bad light.
    Even if said player is later acquitted, the fact that he was charged AT ALL put the leage in a bad light.

=Z=
    ;D Hey, we agreed on something today.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast