Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    NFL Suspends Tank Johnson for 8 Games

    [size=13pt]NFL Suspends Tank Johnson for 8 Games[/size]


    By DAVE GOLDBERG
    The Associated Press

    Monday, June 4, 2007; 4:50 PM


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,570

    Re: NFL Suspends Tank Johnson for 8 Games

    I still don't understand why he only gets 8 and and Pac-Man gets the whole year.

  3. #3
    skum's Avatar
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    2,884
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: NFL Suspends Tank Johnson for 8 Games

    Tank Johnson plays for the beloved Chicago Bears, got it?


    ----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

  4. #4
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: NFL Suspends Tank Johnson for 8 Games

    [size=13pt]The Vikings and Tank[/size]

    Monday, June 4th, 2007 by Judd Zulgad

    NFL commissioner Roger Goodell’s suspension of the Bears’ Tank Johnson means the Vikings won’t have to face the defensive tackle when the teams meet for the first time this season on Oct. 14 at Chicago......

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  5. #5
    The Dropper's Avatar
    The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Portland, Ore.
    Posts
    2,101

    Re: NFL Suspends Tank Johnson for 8 Games

    ;D


  6. #6
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: NFL Suspends Tank Johnson for 8 Games

    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    I still don't understand why he only gets 8 and and Pac-Man gets the whole year.
    I would assume it's because of two factors:

    * The number of incidents in which Johnson was involved (3) is LOTS


    fewer than Jones.

    * Johnson was convicted and served time.
    To punish him severely again


    could be perceived as being punititve.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  7. #7
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,570

    Re: NFL Suspends Tank Johnson for 8 Games

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    I still don't understand why he only gets 8 and and Pac-Man gets the whole year.
    I would assume it's because of two factors:

    * The number of incidents in which Johnson was involved (3) is LOTS



    fewer than Jones.

    * Johnson was convicted and served time.
    To punish him severely again



    could be perceived as being punititve.

    =Z=
    So that means if Vick gets suspended for his fighting puppies and magic water bottle he'll get four games.
    :

  8. #8
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: NFL Suspends Tank Johnson for 8 Games

    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    I still don't understand why he only gets 8 and and Pac-Man gets the whole year.
    I would assume it's because of two factors:

    * The number of incidents in which Johnson was involved (3) is LOTS



    fewer than Jones.

    * Johnson was convicted and served time.
    To punish him severely again



    could be perceived as being punititve.
    So that means if Vick gets suspended for his fighting puppies and magic water bottle he'll get four games.
    :
    I don't think you can say that at all.
    Vick also flipped off the fans last season.
    All of that is going to play into the length of any suspension.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  9. #9
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,279

    Re: NFL Suspends Tank Johnson for 8 Games

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    I still don't understand why he only gets 8 and and Pac-Man gets the whole year.
    I would assume it's because of two factors:

    * The number of incidents in which Johnson was involved (3) is LOTS



    fewer than Jones.

    * Johnson was convicted and served time.
    To punish him severely again



    could be perceived as being punititve.
    So that means if Vick gets suspended for his fighting puppies and magic water bottle he'll get four games.
    :
    I don't think you can say that at all.
    Vick also flipped off the fans last season.
    All of that is going to play into the length of any suspension.

    =Z=
    I hate to be the guy to defend vick but that water bottle was a non-issue. There were no drugs inside(if there had been even a trace you can bet they would have charged him. His excuse that he used it to carry his jewelry seems very believable to me and actually quite smart, who is gonna steal his water bottle. The fact that he tried to carry it on to a plain seems less than intelligent but not at all illegal.

  10. #10
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: NFL Suspends Tank Johnson for 8 Games

    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    I hate to be the guy to defend vick but that water bottle was a non-issue. There were no drugs inside(if there had been even a trace you can bet they would have charged him. His excuse that he used it to carry his jewelry seems very believable to me and actually quite smart, who is gonna steal his water bottle. The fact that he tried to carry it on to a plain seems less than intelligent but not at all illegal.
    LMAO.
    Come on, do you really believe that?
    I had you for a smarter guy than that.

    Either way, it doesn't matter.
    If Vick gets suspended it will be for the dog fighting, not the water bottle.
    Although to be honest, I think a four game suspension is about right.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Ohio State suspends Terrelle Pryor for 5 games
    By marstc09 in forum College Ball
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-30-2010, 01:55 PM
  2. 'Embarrassed' Bears cut Tank Johnson
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-05-2007, 09:42 AM
  3. Tank Johnson stopped by police
    By Billy Boy in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-25-2007, 05:32 PM
  4. F--- TANK JOHNSON
    By bigbadragz in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-16-2007, 06:38 PM
  5. Tank Johnson GOES TO JAIL!!!
    By cajunvike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-18-2007, 10:18 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •