Thread: NFL Soccer Team

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

NFL Soccer Team

What a star-studded NFL squad would look like on the pitch

This is a fun and original article, but the writer clearly doesn't possess much knowledge of football (the original version which name actually is relevant to the activity).

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Why use Calvin Johnson as a keeper? That's just a waste of talent. The keeper is without question the one position in football that doesn't really require speed. It no doubt requires explosion, but I'm talking running speed. Calvin's speed should be utilized at the striker position and place another guy like Fitzgerald in the goal. He is just as explosive as Calvin with excellent size and maybe even better sense of ball projection and timing, but not very fast... Or maybe Gronkowski as he does not possess elite speed, but is even bigger than Calvin.

... and why is not Welker on this list???? He has a football background and has even served as a kicker in the NFL. Not to mention that he possesses the nimble and quick feet that players like Lionel Messi has put to good use. I bet he would be the "Messi" of the NFL.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I'd offer my contribution to this article..... but I won't.