Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

NFL Should Prohibit Bye-Week Interviews

I am not sure if this deserves its own thread..... :

[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]NFL Should Prohibit Bye-Week Interviews[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

In case you've missed it, rumors have been floating around over the past couple days indicating the Miami Dolphins have offered their vacant head coaching job to Dallas Cowboys offensive line coach Tony Sparano. Of course, Bill Parcells & Co. would never admit such a deal is in place because it would violate the Rooney rule, which prohibits the hiring of a head coach before a minority candidate has been interviewed for the position. League rules also prohibit the Dolphins from officially offering Sparano the job until the Cowboys have played their last game, but that doesn't mean some sort of wink, nod, belch agreement hasn't been made.

http://football.about.com/
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Re: NFL Should Prohibit Bye-Week Interviews

I disagree, to be fair to the coaches on the staffs of teams in the playoffs.. I think they have to allow for those interviews. At least this way it is happening during the off week, otherwise it would be done under the table and probably be a bigger distraction than letting it happen out in the open. :twocents:

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I think that no candidates should be interviewed until after the super bowl.
    Puts them all on the same playing field... JMHO
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I think it is a bad thing for all involved.

The team the guy is currently coaching for won't get the best effort out of him.
    I don't care how proffesional he is he will be distracted by not only the effort of getting his current team ready against a playoff caliber team but he will not be as prepared for his interview as he won't be able to focus all his efforts in getting ready for probably the most important interview of his life.

Not to mention that the team that wants to interview him wouldn't/won't get his best effort either as he wouldn't have had enough time to prep for thier interview.

Sad thing to say, but sometimes success will hold you back to a point as history has shown that most positions are filled before the playoffs are done.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    That would be the best case senerio.. however to tell and owner or team that they can't put their staff together until after the Superbowl will never fly. This is better than college ball.. where coaches jet before the season is even over and disrupt the Bowl games.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"pack93z" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    That would be the best case senerio.. however to tell and owner or team that they can't put their staff together until after the Superbowl will never fly. This is better than college ball.. where coaches jet before the season is even over and disrupt the Bowl games.
    Very true.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=