Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    As far as I can tell, no GLARING mistakes by the replacements yesterday (outside of the extra timeout for Seattle in the SEA-ARZ game yesterday), but plenty of small mistakes. Bad spots, penalties that *should* have been called, etc. There was a huge gain in the DEN-PIT game last night where the linemen were at least 5 yards downfield that wasn't called.

Until they blow a game with something ludicrous - this isn't going to get settled.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AngloVike View Post
    lol 10 penalties for 77 yds which was more than Benson & Rodgers combined and watching that game Aikman & Buck were getting in a real stew about the 'bad' calls. Best one was Matthews getting a roughing the passer penalty, given that the ball was passed before he lifted his arms and jumped on Smith it made the bitching from the TV crew even more funny
    That was funny to see the Packers get called for OPI and some of the other things they never normally get called for. But the refs did make up for it by screwing the niners on that block in the back during that TD return by Cobb.

In the end it didn't seem to matter. The regular refs screw us over so bad it actually was nice to not have them involved.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    In the end it didn't seem to matter. The regular refs screw us over so bad it actually was nice to not have them involved.
    LOL.

=z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Stand-ins are doin great! Plus they look really excited to be there. Runnin around all excited and such......
    Tuco the world.....

Ohjay is offline Waterboy
    They did a horrid review of one of the touchdowns in the Ravens-Bengals game last night. The TV images clearly showed that the receiver(Rice?) didn't have control of the ball as he hit the ground, yet the officials didn't see anything to turn over their on-field decision.

In my books that's something major...

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohjay View Post
    They did a horrid review of one of the touchdowns in the Ravens-Bengals game last night. The TV images clearly showed that the receiver(Rice?) didn't have control of the ball as he hit the ground, yet the officials didn't see anything to turn over their on-field decision.

In my books that's something major...
    thing is that was only the Ravens/Bengals.. the league will only take any notice when one of the golden teams gets screwed over and it costs them the game. Then you'll see how quick things get resolved then
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    I think your understating the importance of how the refs impact the way a game is played. Usually you have a feel for a given crew, whether they are lenient or strict. In either case, you can adjust and adapt to the crew. With the set of misfits that are going to be out there, it's totally random, quite often wrong, and can be very disruptive in the flow of the game.

Whether it helps or hurts the Vikings, toss a coin. The bigger issue is that it will
    take away from the quality of football that we will see.
    I fully comprehend that aspect of it my friend but it isn't like they have a umpire behind the plate who is notorious for a small or a large strike zone. You can tell in a couple of plays if they are going to let you pull a jersey or get your hands a bit wide.

As a few have already mentioned, I didn't any BIG issues over the weekend and the ones that I did see are basically the same things we see out of the other "Real" refs.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12