Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    NFL says stadium fund has run dry


    http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/02/02/SPG4MNTR7L7.DTL

    (02-02) 10:28 PST MIAMI -- In a piece of bad news for the 49ers, albeit news they might have known was coming, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said today that the league's stadium-building subsidy program has run out of money.

    Speaking Friday in Miami, where the Super Bowl will be held on Sunday, Goodell delivered a "state of the league" address. Afterward, he was asked if it were true that the "G3" funding had run dry. He said it had, and that the league would have to find a new way to help teams and cities build or refurbish stadiums. A new stadium can cost a billion dollars.
    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  2. #2
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,572

    Re: NFL says stadium fund has run dry

    Are they saying there is no money so they can try to get a team in LA?

  3. #3
    PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,738

    Re: NFL says stadium fund has run dry



    That's a bummer.

  4. #4
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: NFL says stadium fund has run dry

    Not a big surprise.
    We knew it was going to run out of funds this year.
    I am guessing that there will be a new funding plan in place after the next owners' meeting.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  5. #5
    kingjames99 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    52

    Re: NFL says stadium fund has run dry

    True, its not a surprise the G3 ran dry, we knew it was coming but if we have to wait for a new NFL funded program we might as well start calling them the L.A. Lakers, whoops, I meant the L.A. Vikings?
    ???
    "Purple s a fruit." – Homer J. Simpson

  6. #6
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: NFL says stadium fund has run dry

    "kingjames99" wrote:
    True, its not a surprise the G3 ran dry, we knew it was coming but if we have to wait for a new NFL funded program we might as well start calling them the L.A. Lakers, whoops, I meant the L.A. Vikings?
    ???
    Now stop it.
    With the G3 fund dry there is even less of a chance that Wilf moves it.
    If there is no NFL funding for a new stadium in Minnesota, there certainly isn't any for a new stadium in a market without an actual football team.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  7. #7
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: NFL says stadium fund has run dry

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "kingjames99" wrote:
    True, its not a surprise the G3 ran dry, we knew it was coming but if we have to wait for a new NFL funded program we might as well start calling them the L.A. Lakers, whoops, I meant the L.A. Vikings?
    ???
    Now stop it.
    With the G3 fund dry there is even less of a chance that Wilf moves it.
    If there is no NFL funding for a new stadium in Minnesota, there certainly isn't any for a new stadium in a market without an actual football team.
    Bingo, NP!
    This is actually GOOD news for Vikings stadium efforts, IMHO.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  8. #8
    kingjames99 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    52

    Re: NFL says stadium fund has run dry

    Well I hope you're right NP. Will the Legislature actually entertain the Vikings stadium deal this session or is there some other sports team in Minnesota that need a new stadium first? Say Pee Wees?
    ;D
    "Purple s a fruit." – Homer J. Simpson

  9. #9
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,513

    Re: NFL says stadium fund has run dry

    I'de also agree that this could only help the Vikings in their quest to get a stadium deal done....


    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

  10. #10
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: NFL says stadium fund has run dry

    "Zeus" wrote:
    http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/02/02/SPG4MNTR7L7.DTL...
    That means the 49ers, the Cowboys and the Vikings, three teams in the process of planning stadium proposals, might have their projects delayed until a new funding program is in place, unless they find another way to come up with a billion dollars.
    Zygi offered a billion dollars of his own coin for the stadium, was that factoring in help from these loans?
    I don't see how this can help in our bid for a stadium, it can help kill the moving the Vikings to LA crap though.

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Could the Vikings hit the lottery to fund a new stadium?
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-28-2009, 07:06 PM
  2. Replies: 67
    Last Post: 06-28-2007, 08:29 PM
  3. Start a future stadium fund now
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-26-2007, 06:23 AM
  4. NFL hands out last of current stadium fund
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-08-2006, 11:45 AM
  5. B & C Viking Disaster Fund
    By snowinapril in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-03-2005, 06:13 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •