Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    As well as 2012 and 2013 2nd round picks, like SKOL mentioned in the yell.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    Hard but fair, no room in the game for these kind of bounties for injuring opponents.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

vikesrgreat2 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    Skum,

I agree wholeheartedly. Couldn't have happened to a nicer team. The Saints made their bed - now they must lie in it!

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame
    Time to dismantle the Juggernaut. Send Brees our way.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Should have taken the trophy away and made them change their name to the New Orleans Taints!
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    $500K is a complete joke.

If you asked an owner "Would you give up your HC and DC, and give up $500K next year in exchange for winning a superbowl," 32 owners would say yes.

make it hurt, make it millions,a nd make it count against the cap.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Better yet, they should receive the cap hit for the salary of every QB they hurt. that's $20 mil for Favre, Probably around $10-15 mil for warner

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    I think Saints fans have to be pretty happy with the outcome. Two second round picks is all they are really losing(59th pick this year and likely a similar pick next year).
    The fine is nothing for a team worth 800 million(.0625% the value of the team).
    Sean Payton will take a 1 year sabbatical, then come back next year and sign a record contract that more than makes up for the lost pay.
    I was expecting more in terms of draft picks, and other handicaps to the team.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I'd like to have seen the draft picks being first round picks rather than second rounds, especially if they stink this year and get a high first round pick. The fine means absolutely bugger all in terms of effectiveness so hardly worth the paper for the cheque being written out.
    Good to see Payton and Williams banned though not sure what effect 8 games on the GM will do. If he knew and did nothing then it should be a season for him as well.
    I hope this dismantles them and puts them behind for a good few years.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by skum View Post
    Hard but fair, no room in the game for these kind of bounties for injuring opponents.
    Perhaps not hard enough.

Vilma, who everyone knows offered up a $10,000 bounty personally. Ramification for HIS actions: Nothing

Ramification for players who Goodell knew participated/collected bounty: Nothing

Is anyone here naive enough to believe that the Saints are the only team who had a bounty program?

Perhaps he should have encouraged players who know of similar bounty programs on their team or former team to come forward with info to try & expose those teams as well.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast