Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    We should split the draft picks they lose with the Cardinals.

Jared Allen, Loadholt, KWill and Peterson should beat the hell out of Gregg Williams on the sideline when we go down to St. Louis this season.

Fuck that guy and everyone on that defense. Especially Bobby McCray.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post

Jared Allen, Loadholt, KWill and Peterson should beat the hell out of Gregg Williams on the sideline when we go down to St. Louis this season.

I've always hated Gregg Williams and Sean Peyton. They are saying Peyton knew about it the whole time, which of course doesn't surprise me at all. They will get what's coming for them.

Karma is a bitch, as Sean Peyton is already experiencing. Next year will be his other knee.

keystonevike is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post

I hope that Allen, Loadholt, KWill, and Peterson don't get the chance to beat the hell out of Gregg Williams because he will be suspended for the year, forcing the Rams to can his dirty defense coaching ass.
    Fuck all the coaches and players who took part in this and the refs who swallowed their whistles in the NFCCG
    Last edited by keystonevike; 03-03-2012 at 01:04 AM.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Who cares at this point. So they had a bounty out. It all comes down to if the refs weren't calling the hits, why the hell didn't our defensive players bring the nasty as well?

In the end, the refs didn't call any of the hits/tackles and they won. Big deal. Move on. Nothing to see here.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by idahovikefan7 View Post
    Karma is a bitch.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    I knew they were head hunting from watching earlier games that year. It sucks, we really should have made the super bowel that year. We were good enough.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Who cares at this point. So they had a bounty out. It all comes down to if the refs weren't calling the hits, why the hell didn't our defensive players bring the nasty as well?

In the end, the refs didn't call any of the hits/tackles and they won. Big deal. Move on. Nothing to see here.
    Agreed, this is on the officials and the Vikings reaction more than any bullshit bounty program.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Big difference between "bringing the nasty" and a coach creating incentives to injure opposing players.

The refs not calling it is no surprise, they're the worst in professional sports, no questions asked. What is surprising is that one team could amass such a collection of scumbags to go along with this.

These bounties directly impacted the outcome of the 2009 playoffs. The Saints only scored 10 points in the second half of the Division round game against the Cardinals after intentionally hurting Kurt Warner to knock him out of the game, it was a two score game when they hurt him. The Cardinals only made into Saints territory once after his departure. Bobby McCray bypassed Levi Brown to hit Warner on that interception. Levi Brown made the tackle, Kurt Warner was knocked out of the game.

The following week, McCray hit Favre after a handoff. He also went low on him later in the game.

It's not fair of me to say that either team would have gone on to win the game if this hadn't occurred, but it's impact cannot be understated just because of other factors contributing to their wins. Regardless, pair this with the ridiculous officiating in the NFCCG and I'm even more sure we got screwed. We absolutely laid the groundwork for beating ourselves with turnovers, but when you're playing against the officials and a team with a specific goal of hurting players on your team, how can you overcome it?

This guy isn't even in the league anymore, he had a bad reputation already and a limited future so he collected on these bounties to put some cash in his pocket. There's no place in sports for anything like this. If people want an asterisk for the Patriots "spygate" the Saints better get one too.

What the Saints did wasn't just a football penalty, it was organized crime.
    Last edited by Mr Anderson; 03-03-2012 at 08:44 AM.

rednorsk is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecoldet3 View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me if Greg Williams gets suspended as well, possibly for a year.
    It should be permanent suspension!

This nsure makes goody two shoes Drew Brees look bad too.
    None

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

I hear ya Marr...but, I doubt if Commissioner Goodell will agree with your assessment. Yes, it's over. Yes, the Saints have a trophy, but, this IS a big deal, and, cannot be tolerated. With respect, there is plenty to see hear, and, my guess, it's going to get quite ugly. Fuck the Saints.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast