Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Perhaps not hard enough.

Vilma, who everyone knows offered up a $10,000 bounty personally. Ramification for HIS actions: Nothing

Ramification for players who Goodell knew participated/collected bounty: Nothing

Is anyone here naive enough to believe that the Saints are the only team who had a bounty program?

Perhaps he should have encouraged players who know of similar bounty programs on their team or former team to come forward with info to try & expose those teams as well.
    Maybe I'm wrong but I think they are still going to dole out player punishments,

And the Saints fans and organization are looking like total morons in this. Complaints about the punishment because "Payton is our leader" are ridiculous. Isn't the whole point of this to punish the leader of the team? The one douche who knew about it the whole time? Screw that mole rat, and screw Drew Brees, Gregg Williams, and all of NO.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    Maybe I'm wrong but I think they are still going to dole out player punishments,

And the Saints fans and organization are looking like total morons in this. Complaints about the punishment because "Payton is our leader" are ridiculous. Isn't the whole point of this to punish the leader of the team? The one douche who knew about it the whole time? Screw that mole rat, and screw Drew Brees, Gregg Williams, and all of NO.
    Yes, I believe the player punishments are still coming.

I think Payton's arrogance much like Belichek's, is what earned him the severity of this penalty. A one year suspension for a head coach is pretty severe. That's 12 months as I understand it and not just one season, that effects them going into next year as well.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Yes, I believe the player punishments are still coming.

I think Payton's arrogance much like Belichek's, is what earned him the severity of this penalty. A one year suspension for a head coach is pretty severe. That's 12 months as I understand it and not just one season, that effects them going into next year as well.
    If joe Paterno got fired for that scandal, payton at least needed to be suspended

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Perhaps not hard enough.

Vilma, who everyone knows offered up a $10,000 bounty personally. Ramification for HIS actions: Nothing

Ramification for players who Goodell knew participated/collected bounty: Nothing

Is anyone here naive enough to believe that the Saints are the only team who had a bounty program?

Perhaps he should have encouraged players who know of similar bounty programs on their team or former team to come forward with info to try & expose those teams as well.
    Player fines and suspensions will come at a later time..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by skum View Post
    Player fines and suspensions will come at a later time..
    Yes the league has to work with the NFLPA regarding this but the coaches and owner don't have the same red tape to deal with

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    It's rant time! Hold on tight boys and girls, it's about to get dangerous in here.
    -- Chris Kluwe (@ChrisWarcraft) March 21, 2012

To everyone who thinks the source was a "snitch" and a bad person - fuck you. Fuck you and your glorification of criminality.

Fuck you and your degradation of ethics and morality. Fuck you and your short-sighted, narrow-minded hypocrisy. Fuck you and your idiocy.

Try doing the right thing for once and standing up for what's important in life - the proper treatment of your fellow man. #fuckingassholes

So I have a question....

Where does the NFL and, more specifically, the referees have skin in this game? In my opinion, had the refs been consistent and called all of the late hits, and fined them appropriately, then this bounty system never would have worked to begin with.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoVikesTX View Post
    So I have a question....

Where does the NFL and, more specifically, the referees have skin in this game? In my opinion, had the refs been consistent and called all of the late hits, and fined them appropriately, then this bounty system never would have worked to begin with.
    And what of the ownership of the team? What was Benson's knowledge of the bounty program? Was it put in place without his knowledge? Is he completely innocent? If so, who supplied the funds to support the bounty program?
    Last edited by singersp; 03-23-2012 at 05:37 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Skol!
    Go Vikings!

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    (Defensive line coach) Greg Blache said, ‘If you get fined, it will be taken care of.’

Kind of telling, further proving that he was asking players to take illegal cheap shots.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast