Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

NFL says Saints created 'bounty' program from 2009-2011

NFL.com news: NFL says Saints created 'bounty' program from 2009-2011

Surprise surprise and what will the league do? apologise for not finding it sooner and wag a finger at the Saints and say " don't do it again ". I'd love to see them fined and lose draft choices but it not going to happen unfortunately.
    Last edited by AngloVike; 03-02-2012 at 02:39 PM.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach
    can't beleive it, they should lose the Lombardi for this
    Purple till i die

I knew they were a bunch of dirty mother*&#$@%^!!! Ban them from the league. This makes me so mad. They may have just topped all others as my "most hated" team.

dirty aints! I knew they were up to something. Whats worse is not only were they dirty but the Ref's jobbed us in the fourth and in OT on some shaky calls. I hate the stupid Saints.....

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni
    Disgraceful and outrageous behavior. Also not the least bit surprising to anyone with a functional set of eyes who watched that NFC Championship Game. I expect they'll lose some draft picks for this. Given the place where their roster is right now, this will hopefully hurt them in the years to come. Sadly, it won't change the fact that they head-hunted their way to a Lombardi Trophy.
    Last edited by BBQ Platypus; 03-02-2012 at 05:08 PM.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    I foresee severe penalties coming down from the league. Multiple draft picks, and sanctions.

How did the actual payments get made, and were they included in the salary cap numbers? Did the players report that income on their tax returns?

If they were paying players under the table outside of the salary cap the league will come down extra hard.

Sad truth is that all the players and coaches benefited from the cheating, and even after being caught I'm sure they don't have any regrets.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by idahovikefan7 View Post
    I knew they were a bunch of dirty mother*&#$@%^!!! Ban them from the league. This makes me so mad. They may have just topped all others as my "most hated" team.
    AGREED and I FUCKING KNEW IT!!!

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

LIVike is offline Starter
    Not surprising at all. I hope the league comes down on them hard. Im also interested to see if the saints try and play yet another katrina card in this case.
    None

So the Saints will probably lose some draft picks and be fined a few hundred thousand dollars. So freakin what? They got a Superbowl victory out of it.

I guarantee you ask every team in the league if they would trade some draft picks and some cash for a Superbowl, and all 32 teams would say yes. I expect these type of tactics to escalate unless the league starts really cracking down. Like forfeiting victories similar to college ball. But I doubt that would ever happen since the Patriots won 3 Superbowls and got caught cheating WITH VIDEOTAPED EVIDENCE and didn't forfeit any wins.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

Stonecoldet3 is offline Starter
    Wouldn't surprise me if Greg Williams gets suspended as well, possibly for a year.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast