Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Paulbedy59 is offline Coordinator

Re: NFL Salaries database

Holy favre.is Manning overpaid!
    If winning isn,t everything,why keep score?

"ltrey33" wrote:
    I've always been torn over pro athlete salaries....in a way I think they make way too much for just playing a sport, but at the same time its such a HUGE multi-billion dollar industry, that it would much less fair to have them making peanuts and have the owners and administrators making all of that $ for themselves. So I think I'd rather see it in the player's hands than the greedy owner's. *cough cough Red cough*

what they could do it lower the prices on every thing , from tickets to jerseys . then that would even out the pay cuts for the players and owners .

http://justlube.net/?page_id=44

Prophet Guest

Nice site for making comparisons.

Eyedea is offline Pro-Bowler

"magicci" wrote:
    and antoine was also the highest paid corner last year
    Huh? If you look here: http://asp.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/salaries/teamdetail.aspx?team=18&year=2005 it shows that Fred smoot made 1.4 mil base and 12.3 mil with bonuses, while winfield made only .6 mil base and 6.25 mil with bonuses
    Make love to the present, fuck the past
    --Sage Francis

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

I don't care what a player made what did the real money players make.

What did Ziggy make last year? What did Jerry Jones make last year?
    I could care less about players I want the owners information. I think they should publish owner salaries just like they do player salaries.

BTW I did not realize Randy Moss has made that much money in the league. Just think if he would have got signed in the top five of the draft. WOW!

He was not kidding "straight cash homie"

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Eyedea is offline Pro-Bowler

"Vikes" wrote:

I could care less about players I want the owners information. I think they should publish owner salaries just like they do player salaries.

BTW I did not realize Randy Moss has made that much money in the league. Just think if he would have got signed in the top five of the draft. WOW!

Most owners across all sports lose money in owning a professional sports team. Football has a higher 'sucess' rate for owners to make money, however.
    Make love to the present, fuck the past
    --Sage Francis

brandsp is offline Rookie

Gotta remember on the Vikes, with Red "McCheap" McCombs keeping the payroll at the min, all our free agents got their signing bonus up front to help our cap situation in the future. (not spaced out over the contract)

I believe they signed Winfield and Smoot with roster bonuses, not signing bonuses, thus counting allin year one.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

"Eyedea" wrote:
    "Vikes" wrote:

Most owners across all sports lose money in owning a professional sports team. Football has a higher 'sucess' rate for owners to make money, however.
    I did a little bit more homework on my statement. I've concluded the REAL money for an owner is increasing the value of the franchise. The money they make a year is probaly in the range of 1 - 4 million a year. So not too shabby. But the real money for example is buying the Phx Suns for say 44.5 million and selling them later for 400+ Million. This is the real pay day for owners. Granted some of the increases are from the overall league, being successful.

So I gotta recant and say Owner salaries are not as important as is increasing the overall "GOOD FAITH" value of the franchise.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123