Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 51
  1. #21
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: NFL rule changes help defense

    "C" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=i_bleed_purple link=topic=46722.msg812236#msg812236 date=1217608200]
    I'm gonna go with Z on this one.
    All bringing in an earpiece would do is eliminate the signals, so it can't be taped.
    But i'm sure that the pats will find a way to tap into the defense's signals.
    So... can you point out WHERE in that article where it says NFL teams are no longer going to use signals?
    Why use signals when you have a headset?
    That's called an opinion...
    No - it's called "logic".
    Still, I haven't seen any proof to your logic. Not even a sentence hinting at it... which at least mine HINTS at it... you're just pulling your "Logic" outta your ass.
    [/quote]

    1.
    New England Patriots caught taping defensive signals - signals that are necessary because there is no direct communication between the defensive-play-caller and defensive players on the field.

    2.
    Rule goes in to allow direct communication between the defensive-play-caller and a defensive player on the field

    3.
    Signals are now no longer necessary, so it's likely teams won't use them.

    That's called drawing a logical conclusion from the facts.

    As opposed to spouting a conspiracy with no backing evidence over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

    =Z=


    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  2. #22
    josdin00's Avatar
    josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,619

    Re: NFL rule changes help defense

    "C" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    Wow.
    When you wanna be dense, you can really be dense.

    No - the rule was changed to level the playing field for both the offense and the defense.
    And to remove the signaling, and, thus, the temptation to tape them.


    Either that, or it was changed because of the Patriot Act.
    Really? Even though the article YOU posted says (and I quote... again):

    The earpiece move comes in the wake of last year's Spygate scandal, when the Patriots were caught videotaping the defensive signals of the New York Jets.
    dude... just let it go.
    Why?
    You keep quoting the same bit that does NOTHING to support your accusation that the Patriots were RELAYING the signals to their offense.

    NOTHING.

    NADA.

    SQUAT.

    And until you admit it, I'm not gonna stop.

    =Z=
    After watching the Matt Walsh interview on 60 minutes where he said they relayed the play calls down to the QB... I think the league probably took that into consideration.

    Either way, it was changed because of the Patriots cheating... plain and simple.

    The fact that it shuts off 15 seconds before the play starts, that tells me it's to stop relaying of last second messages... such as playcalls.

    But that's just analytical thought getting in the way.


    You're right... they changed the rule because the Patriots would simply review video a week later, and not relay the message... because that makes sense... hahaha... I'm done.

    You hate being wrong, it's funny to watch you squirm.
    The headset communication to the offense has always cut off with 15 seconds on the playclock, so the patriots couldn't have sent in last second messages ... such as playcalls.

    =Z= wins. Sorry Mac.

  3. #23
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,532

    Re: NFL rule changes help defense

    I'm still waiting for evidence for your argument that they are completely getting rid of signals. I'll gladly admit I'm wrong.

    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  4. #24
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: NFL rule changes help defense

    "josdin00" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    Wow.
    When you wanna be dense, you can really be dense.

    No - the rule was changed to level the playing field for both the offense and the defense.
    And to remove the signaling, and, thus, the temptation to tape them.


    Either that, or it was changed because of the Patriot Act.
    Really? Even though the article YOU posted says (and I quote... again):

    The earpiece move comes in the wake of last year's Spygate scandal, when the Patriots were caught videotaping the defensive signals of the New York Jets.
    dude... just let it go.
    Why?
    You keep quoting the same bit that does NOTHING to support your accusation that the Patriots were RELAYING the signals to their offense.

    NOTHING.

    NADA.

    SQUAT.

    And until you admit it, I'm not gonna stop.

    =Z=
    After watching the Matt Walsh interview on 60 minutes where he said they relayed the play calls down to the QB... I think the league probably took that into consideration.

    Either way, it was changed because of the Patriots cheating... plain and simple.

    The fact that it shuts off 15 seconds before the play starts, that tells me it's to stop relaying of last second messages... such as playcalls.

    But that's just analytical thought getting in the way.


    You're right... they changed the rule because the Patriots would simply review video a week later, and not relay the message... because that makes sense... hahaha... I'm done.

    You hate being wrong, it's funny to watch you squirm.
    The headset communication to the offense has always cut off with 15 seconds on the playclock, so the patriots couldn't have sent in last second messages ... such as playcalls.

    =Z= wins. Sorry Mac.
    Darn it Jos, I just posted in another thread that there are no winners on PPO.


    OK, one winner this time.

  5. #25
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: NFL rule changes help defense

    I heard they're giving headsets because some of the signals happened to be the same as gang signals or they had sexual meanings and caused pileups for the wrong reasons.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  6. #26
    josdin00's Avatar
    josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,619

    Re: NFL rule changes help defense

    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "josdin00" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=46722.msg812219#msg812219 date=1217606714]
    Wow.
    When you wanna be dense, you can really be dense.

    No - the rule was changed to level the playing field for both the offense and the defense.
    And to remove the signaling, and, thus, the temptation to tape them.


    Either that, or it was changed because of the Patriot Act.
    Really? Even though the article YOU posted says (and I quote... again):

    The earpiece move comes in the wake of last year's Spygate scandal, when the Patriots were caught videotaping the defensive signals of the New York Jets.
    dude... just let it go.
    Why?
    You keep quoting the same bit that does NOTHING to support your accusation that the Patriots were RELAYING the signals to their offense.

    NOTHING.

    NADA.

    SQUAT.

    And until you admit it, I'm not gonna stop.

    =Z=
    After watching the Matt Walsh interview on 60 minutes where he said they relayed the play calls down to the QB... I think the league probably took that into consideration.

    Either way, it was changed because of the Patriots cheating... plain and simple.

    The fact that it shuts off 15 seconds before the play starts, that tells me it's to stop relaying of last second messages... such as playcalls.

    But that's just analytical thought getting in the way.


    You're right... they changed the rule because the Patriots would simply review video a week later, and not relay the message... because that makes sense... hahaha... I'm done.

    You hate being wrong, it's funny to watch you squirm.
    The headset communication to the offense has always cut off with 15 seconds on the playclock, so the patriots couldn't have sent in last second messages ... such as playcalls.

    =Z= wins. Sorry Mac.
    Darn it Jos, I just posted in another thread that there are no winners on PPO.


    OK, one winner this time.


    [/quote]

    I just saw that after I posted this. D'oh!

  7. #27
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: NFL rule changes help defense

    "C" wrote:
    I'm still waiting for evidence for your argument that they are completely getting rid of signals. I'll gladly admit I'm wrong.
    Show me the quote where I said "...they are completely getting rid of signals..."

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  8. #28
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: NFL rule changes help defense

    "josdin00" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    ...
    Darn it Jos, I just posted in another thread that there are no winners on PPO.


    OK, one winner this time.

    I just saw that after I posted this. D'oh!
    Screw that, there has to be a winner.
    Even if it is only in their own mind.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  9. #29
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,778
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: NFL rule changes help defense

    Ok prophet, you win!

  10. #30
    josdin00's Avatar
    josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,619

    Re: NFL rule changes help defense

    "C" wrote:
    I'm still waiting for evidence for your argument that they are completely getting rid of signals. I'll gladly admit I'm wrong.
    They aren't completely getting rid of defensive signals, just like they have't completely rid the league of offensive signals. Teams have signals prepared in case the head sets go down. However, as long as the headsets are available, teams will use them. Considering that headsets are functional during most NFL games, and if they do go down, it's usually for only part of the game, the attempted taping of signals will no longer be an effective method of scouting another team. There just won't be enough plays where signals are used to provide a large enough sample to 'decode' the signals.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-05-2007, 08:00 PM
  2. More on June 1st rule.
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-16-2007, 07:26 AM
  3. Packers Rule!
    By WIVike in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 10-25-2006, 08:48 PM
  4. New England defense or Philli defense???
    By purpleFavreEaters in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-28-2004, 11:33 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •