jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

NFL robbing fans with PSLs

The National Football League is branding itself with three scarlet letters: PSL. It stands for Plain and Simple Larceny.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8305630?MSNHPHMA

Formo is offline Team Alumni

Re: NFL robbing fans with PSLs

That sucks.

Wait.
    I think I just came up with a solution..

Watch the game at home.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

I guess I don't blame them for using PSL's if there is no public funding for a stadium.

I didn't understand how they worked... wiki's got some good info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_Seat_License

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    The National Football League is branding itself with three scarlet letters: PSL. It stands for Plain and Simple Larceny.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8305630?MSNHPHMA
    It's not just the NFL - it's happening more and more in other sports and all over the world - some class it as progress
    :
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Most PSLs are no where near the price of the Cowboys or Giants.
    They used the extreme cases for the article.

The nice part about PSLs is that they can appreciate (or depreciate) in value just like any other commodity.
    For instance, if I pay $3k each for my season tickets, in ten years they will likely be worth more than double that.
    So if I sell them to another person, I make money on the deal.

I am on the fence with them.
    It is a good way to raise money for the team, although it can only be effectively used one time.
    If it is in the 3k per PSL range, I can live with it.
    Unfortunately, they are dictated by market prices, so the potential is there for them to go much higher (which is the case in Dallas and New York).
    One of the benefits of supporting a small market team like the Vikings is that the market price of PSLs will remain relatively low.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"NodakPaul" wrote:

The nice part about PSLs is that they can appreciate (or depreciate) in value just like any other commodity.
    For instance, if I pay $3k each for my season tickets, in ten years they will likely be worth more than double that.

It is a good way to raise money for the team, although it can only be effectively used one time.
    Unfortunately, they are dictated by market prices, so the potential is there for them to go much higher (which is the case in Dallas and New York).
    One of the benefits of supporting a small market team like the Vikings is that the market price of PSLs will remain relatively low.
    I don't have a problem with PSLs. It's not like anyone is forced to buy them. I would much rather gouge those(myself included) who attend games than use public funding.
    Are PSL's not included in shared revenue? I assume not but then what is stopping an owner from selling PSL's only to lower ticket costs, the fans would ultimately pay the same price(over a period of years) while more of the money would stay with the team instead of going to the NFL.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

I don't have a problem with PSLs. It's not like anyone is forced to buy them. I would much rather gouge those(myself included) who attend games than use public funding.
    Are PSL's not included in shared revenue? I assume not but then what is stopping an owner from selling PSL's only to lower ticket costs, the fans would ultimately pay the same price(over a period of years) while more of the money would stay with the team instead of going to the NFL.
    PSLs are not part of shared revenue.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Haha, if it pays for a new stadium to keep the team in Minnesota, who would honestly complain?

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Formo is offline Team Alumni

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Haha, if it pays for a new stadium to keep the team in Minnesota, who would honestly complain?
    I wouldn't.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

This is a very active way for owners to rebuild some of the cost of the stadiums.

is it right? wrong?
    neither.. it's business!!!

DiGiTAL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall