Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Week 1 Sep 08 1:00 PM ET at Lions
    Week 2 Sep 15 1:00 PM ET at Bears
    Week 3 Sep 22 1:00 PM ET vs Browns
    Week 4 Sep 29 1:00 PM ET vs Steelers (London Game)
    Week 5 Bye Week
    Week 6 Oct 13 1:00 PM ET vsPanthers
    Week 7 Oct 21 8:40 PM ET at Giants
    Week 8 Oct 27 8:30 PM ET vs Packers
    Week 9 Nov 03 1:00 PM ET at Cowboys
    Week 10 Nov 07 8:25 PM ET vs Redskins
    Week 11 Nov 17 4:25 PM ET at Seahawks
    Week 12 Nov 24 1:00 PM ET at Packers
    Week 13 Dec 011:00 PM ET vs Bears
    Week 14 Dec 08 1:00 PM ET at Ravens
    Week 15 Dec 15 1:00 PM ET vs Eagles
    Week 16 Dec 22 1:00 PM ET at Bengals
    Week 17 Dec 29 1:00 PM ET vs Lions
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Definitely not stoked about this upcoming schedule....

Starting the season with two divisional road games, a week 5 bye, and one of our "home" games being held in London. Not sure it could be much worse...

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the post, NodakPaul!
    I can't say I'm so stoked either, but hey... to be the best you have to beat the best.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I'm not a fan. I see it going down as follows.

Week 1 Sep 08 1:00 PM ET at Lions LOSS (0-1) Lions start out strong at home, with Bush, CJ1.9K and Stafford lighting us up for a LOT of points
    Week 2 Sep 15 1:00 PM ET at Bears LOSS (0-2) New coach, new regime, new line... new Bears. And these Bears are tough.
    Week 3 Sep 22 1:00 PM ET vs Browns WIN (1-2) Still the Browns, nothing will ever change that.
    Week 4 Sep 29 1:00 PM ET vs Steelers (London Game) LOSS (1-3) Primetime, The Steelers, On the road, all a recipe for disaster for us.
    Week 5 Bye Week (Sigh.. I hate early bye weeks)
    Week 6 Oct 13 1:00 PM ET vsPanthers WIN (2-3) Newton's inconsistency here gets us a close win.
    Week 7 Oct 21 8:40 PM ET at Giants WIN (3-3) We own Eli. That doesn't change, even though it is MNF
    Week 8 Oct 27 8:30 PM ET vs Packers WIN (4-3) I will possibly be in attendance, so that means we win. And back-to-back primetime games. Does that mean we're over our primetime slump?
    Week 9 Nov 03 1:00 PM ET at Cowboys WIN (5-3) We're starting to get to form. The rookies producing, pass games is improving, we're looking good
    Week 10 Nov 07 8:25 PM ET vs Redskins WIN (6-3) we start off strong, and just don't look back. Primetime on THursday no less
    Week 11 Nov 17 4:25 PM ET at Seahawks LOSS (6-4) Again, on the road, it's a tough loss against one of the toughest teams in the league.
    Week 12 Nov 24 1:00 PM ET at Packers LOSS ( 6-5) Another tough game, but it's close again
    Week 13 Dec 011:00 PM ET vs Bears WIN (7-5) Cutler in our home is no match for Jared Allen's 3.5 sacks in a rout of the current NFCN leaders at this point.
    Week 14 Dec 08 1:00 PM ET at Ravens WIN (8-5) Not the same team they used to be, a win is very possible here
    Week 15 Dec 15 1:00 PM ET vs Eagles LOSS (8-6) Right when we need momentum, we give it back. It's the Vikings way.
    Week 16 Dec 22 1:00 PM ET at Bengals LOSS (8-7) Bengals rally and shut down AP (By shut down, I mean only 120 yards and a TD), Ponder ponders, and we lose a really unimpressive game.
    Week 17 Dec 29 1:00 PM ET vs Lions WIN (9-7) Go out on a high note, but miss the playoffs.
    Last edited by i_bleed_purple; 04-18-2013 at 08:10 PM.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Too negative.

We go 10-6 Minimum and 12-4 possibly. I am going to split the difference and say 11-5. Winning the division and beating the Seahawks in the first playoff game.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Too negative.

We go 10-6 Minimum and 12-4 possibly. I am going to split the difference and say 11-5. Winning the division and beating the Seahawks in the first playoff game.
    Sarcasm or not, with the exception of the home game in London, this is a favorable schedule for a young team that is still rebuilding.
    Road schedule against a couple of pups, then a home game against a team trying to find itself, should leave the Vikes 3-0. Well maybe 2-1 since the Bears in Soldier field have been unbeatable to the Vikings.
    But never the less, the Vikings can start out with some easier teams to find their footing and confidence, then develop into the team they need to be.

They had the pack on the losing end in Lambeau last year, until Ponder turned the game over but beat them at home.

Is there a Vikings fan out there that feels things wouldn't have different had Ponder started in the playoff game ?

Like I said last year, this team is going to surprise people.

I'm looking forward to the ride.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Sarcasm or not, with the exception of the home game in London, this is a favorable schedule for a young team that is still rebuilding.
    Road schedule against a couple of pups, then a home game against a team trying to find itself, should leave the Vikes 3-0. Well maybe 2-1 since the Bears in Soldier field have been unbeatable to the Vikings.
    But never the less, the Vikings can start out with some easier teams to find their footing and confidence, then develop into the team they need to be.
    I fear people are underestimating the Lions. I can't htink of a RB who compliments the Lions more perfectly than Bush. He'll be used a LOT in the passing game, he'll have 1000 yards, the run game is wide open, just need someone with enough talent to make it work. Giving Bush space is a scary proposition. Joique Bell was quite effective as a scat back for them, Bush will be better. Add anothe ryear of experience for their D, and I don't think they're the kitties anymore.
    They had the pack on the losing end in Lambeau last year, until Ponder turned the game over but beat them at home.

Is there a Vikings fan out there that feels things wouldn't have different had Ponder started in the playoff game ?
    The trouble is, we ALWAYS find ways to lose games we should win. The Bucs and Redskins were examples last year, Without fail, that happens. We win a couple that we maybe shouldn't have. I don't know if beating the Pack, 49ers and Texans was a fluke or not, we'll see this year.

Alot of course depends on how we draft.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Until we know who is starting on defense its impossible to predict games at this point. If our secondary sucks we are red meat in the NFC north

WWBGD

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    I don't hate the schedule. Detroit is a great team to start and end the season with.

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    I'm not thrilled, but in all honesty it doesn't look as bad as last year's did at this point. No predictions from me until after mini-camps, but we could do well if we don't screw it up.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123