BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

NFL Refs.............

...are either blind, from green bay or both

I know the game is fast but they need a lot of improvement

The NFL is loaded, why can't they be full time and have no other jobs?

delviking is offline Starter

Re: NFL Refs.............

its not just in greenbay its everywhere..
    the officals are just getting too old or something.

they need to get from younger refs and send everyone back to ref school.

the NFL need to send them a tape of what is and whats not a penalty.

To a certain extent, they are similar to college players making the transition to the NFL.

The game is so much faster, they can't adjust. Of course that says nothing for the veteran refs/umpires.

It seems like the refs are willing to err on the side of caution, rather then blow the whistle and face sever scrutiny later. speaking of which, did you guys see the severe screw up in the miami/pittsburgh game. Colossal blunder.
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Hold them accountable for their actions.

At work, if I give away four bottles of wine and break 4 bottles of wine. It's coming out of my pocket. At any workplace, you're held accountable when you screw up. I want to see suspensions for officials.

A full time staff of officials, pay them great money, like $250,000 for the season, but make them 100% accountable. If they fuck up as bad as they did last night. They lose a game check. The NFL can afford it.

Either that, or a private contractor type system of officials should be used. Hold them totally accountable, or make them completely unrelated to the NFL itself.

Also, the college system of replays needs to be adopted, pass interference needs to be reviewable, and they need to be as proactive and aggressive about addressing all issues as the league was about the illegal hits last week.

They need to own up to it when they make mistakes. Not hide. The NFL apparently thinks all three of Favre's penalties were highlight worthy on their website. But Shiancoes great CATCH in the endzone that was taken away from us is not site worthy. Maybe because it makes them look bad? Same goes for the Harvin call at the end of the game. They don't show it.

Throw these guys under the bus when they fuck up. I'm sick of this bullshit.

Mr Anderson wrote:
    Hold them accountable for their actions.

At work, if I give away four bottles of wine and break 4 bottles of wine. It's coming out of my pocket. At any workplace, you're held accountable when you screw up. I want to see suspensions for officials.

A full time staff of officials, pay them great money, like $250,000 for the season, but make them 100% accountable. If they fuck up as bad as they did last night. They lose a game check. The NFL can afford it.

Either that, or a private contractor type system of officials should be used. Hold them totally accountable, or make them completely unrelated to the NFL itself.

Also, the college system of replays needs to be adopted, pass interference needs to be reviewable, and they need to be as proactive and aggressive about addressing all issues as the league was about the illegal hits last week.

They need to own up to it when they make mistakes. Not hide. The NFL apparently thinks all three of Favre's penalties were highlight worthy on their website. But Shiancoes great CATCH in the endzone that was taken away from us is not site worthy. Maybe because it makes them look bad? Same goes for the Harvin call at the end of the game. They don't show it.

Throw these guys under the bus when they fuck up. I'm sick of this bullshit.
    I agree with you.

The NFL's response can pretty much be summed up in 2 words..'they're human'. To elaborate, their stance would be that you can't take the human element out of it. Unfortunately all they lose when they are wrong and it gets pointed out, is the ability to ref. in the playoffs. Most could care less, they have CAREERS outside football, and leave their JOBS on the field.
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.