Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 13 of 13
  1. #11
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re: NFL Pre-Draft Offseason Ranking

    "MaxVike" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    Looking at the list, proves that the analysts and power rankings and all that are all about the name game

    The Browns were in the exact same position as us last year, both missing the playoffs by one game.


    The Browns have Donte Stallworth, Braylon Edwards, and Jamal Lewis.

    The Vikes have Bernard Berrian, Sydney Rice, and Adrian Peterson

    Both teams appear to be moving to the top of their division, or at least competing for the division crown.

    The big difference?
    The Browns have Derrek Anderson & Brady Quinn.
    The Vikes have Tavaris Jackson & Brooks Bollinger.

    Thats why we're ranked at 19 and they're at 8
    Much better analysis.
    However, I would probably add a little something about the fact that our defense is superior to that of the Browns, and that our offensive line is better...than the Browns.
    Your point is taken, however, regarding QB position comparisons.
    yea, our D is a much better unit (especially if we can get some damn pressure on the QB..) our o-line won't be a ton better than theirs, but yes right now it is.
    If we lose Big Mac then their unit will probably overall play better than ours next year.
    They do have Thomas after all, he really solidified their line last year, and IMO should have been runner-up for RoY.

    I just did the comparisons that were really similar


    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

  2. #12
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,910

    Re: NFL Pre-Draft Offseason Ranking

    "marstc09" wrote:
    Jackson will lose us games next year? I doubt it! IMO he did not lose us any last year.
    What? The skins game and I believe the early Det game.
    How many games did you watch las year?

  3. #13
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,910

    Re: NFL Pre-Draft Offseason Ranking

    "MaxVike" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    Looking at the list, proves that the analysts and power rankings and all that are all about the name game

    The Browns were in the exact same position as us last year, both missing the playoffs by one game.


    The Browns have Donte Stallworth, Braylon Edwards, and Jamal Lewis.

    The Vikes have Bernard Berrian, Sydney Rice, and Adrian Peterson

    Both teams appear to be moving to the top of their division, or at least competing for the division crown.

    The big difference?
    The Browns have Derrek Anderson & Brady Quinn.
    The Vikes have Tavaris Jackson & Brooks Bollinger.

    Thats why we're ranked at 19 and they're at 8
    Much better analysis.
    However, I would probably add a little something about the fact that our defense is superior to that of the Browns, and that our offensive line is better...than the Browns.
    Your point is taken, however, regarding QB position comparisons.
    I disagree
    on the defense.
    The browns have added 2 probowl caliber DTs and have a very strong LB corps. Their secondary leaves a lot to be desired but our secondary didn't perform to well last year either.

    Lastly, their offense blows oursout the window. Our run game is superior but heir passing game has so many weapons. Add Stalworth to the likes of Edwards and Winslow and you have an explosive offense. They have a QB that would run circles around ours. Our # 1 would be a # 3 on their team. You can say the saem thing about our # 1 wr. lastly, their running back
    looks to be getting back into top shape.

    So they are better on offense and a little bit worst on Defense.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Ranking The Draft Success of Each NFL Team For The Last Five Years
    By cajunvike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-24-2008, 01:46 PM
  2. Ranking the QB's in this Draft..
    By pack93z in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 02-04-2008, 07:18 PM
  3. 2007 draft prospects by position and ranking.
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-30-2007, 11:48 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •