Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

NFL Playoff Power Rankings

NFL Playoff Power Rankings
    Ordering the teams from most likely to least likely to win Super Bowl XLIV in Miami
    Don Banks, SI
    Posted: Wednesday January 6, 2010 12:15PM; Updated: Wednesday January 6, 2010 12:15PM

In a regular season in which teams starting 6-0 (Denver) and 5-0 (the Giants) didn't even make the playoffs, the postseason that's about to unfold promises to be just as unconventional. The NFC's six-team field appears to have no favorite, but plenty of solid possibilities to reach Miami. The AFC is led by powerhouses in San Diego and Indianapolis (a combined record of 27-5), and four scuffling teams that seem fortunate just to have survived into January. Let the intrigue and surprise plot-twists begin.

We didn't even bother to list how our 12 playoff qualifiers finished in our Week 17 NFL power rankings, because regular-season records and rankings don't matter now. We've re-set the field based on how we see each team's up-to-minute strengths, weaknesses and mojo readings. As always, your results may vary.

Now on to this week's rankings...
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Re:NFL Playoff Power Rankings

Bengals Unable to Find Someone Shitty Enough to Play Mark Sanchez in Practice
    January 6th 2010
    sportsp.com

The Cincinnati Bengals are hard at work preparing for their upcoming playoff game against the New York Jets but are having trouble finding someone shitty enough to play QB Mark Sanchez in practice, says Coach Marvin Lewis.

So far, the closest they’ve been able to come to mimicking Sanchez poor decision-making, terrible footwork and inaccurate passing has been offensive coordinator Bob Bratkowski’s 13-year-old son...
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Prophet wrote:
    Bengals Unable to Find Someone Shitty Enough to Play Mark Sanchez in Practice
    January 6th 2010
    sportsp.com

The Cincinnati Bengals are hard at work preparing for their upcoming playoff game against the New York Jets but are having trouble finding someone shitty enough to play QB Mark Sanchez in practice, says Coach Marvin Lewis.

So far, the closest they’ve been able to come to mimicking Sanchez poor decision-making, terrible footwork and inaccurate passing has been offensive coordinator Bob Bratkowski’s 13-year-old son...
    LMAO!!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings

These rankings put a better taste in my mouth

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

To each there own, but I think his rankings are way off. Vikings at 8? really? I guess they went by recent records, instead of the whole season.

idahovikefan7 wrote:

They are more palatable. They are almost always wrong anyway. Last year not one of them had the Cardinals in the mix and the year before not one of them had the Jints doing anything.

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

Interesting comments on the Puckers - Cards game.

But I'm not counting out the jekyll and hyde Cards. The Pack could come in too confident and the Cards now have something to play for, which they didn't last week. Cards can be dangerous, just look at last year. Don't underestimate, once the Cards bus gets rolling it's hard to stop, as the Vikes know.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

idahovikefan7 wrote:

Rankings, Shmankings, they're useless. But I would prefer to be rated lower rather than higher. Let the hate exist, and let us overcome it.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

TARKenton is offline Asst. Coach

I love how the "experts" are all trying to discredit the Vikings win over NY by saying the Giants had mailed it in and big deal.

The Vikings blew them out. Isnt that what good teams do to bad teams?

And Cincy doesnt have an explosive offense? Must have missed that.
    ...Rodgers had to hold on the ball longer, giving players like Jared "I am completely insane and will literally eat your children" Allen time to sack Rodgers again.And again. And again. Actually I think Rodgers may have nightmares about Jared Allen the rest of the year.

Ya it's like the "expert" picks....just a bunch of biased opinion really.

kinda like Boise state being ranked 4th behind florida and texas while being only the second team to ever go 14 and ZERO!!!!

sorry I know that was off topic but i'm still pretty torqued about that, and had to rant somewhere :blink:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast