Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: NFL players share thoughts on guns

"Mikecarter81" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Since the dawn of football, when has their ever been a time that a football player has benefited from or could have benefited from carrying a hand gun?

Since the dawn of football, how many players have had repercussions & gotten into trouble from carrying a hand gun?
    Well unfortunately a gun is a gun, it doesn't matter if its a hand gun or a rifle.
    The constitution affords un the right to bear arms.
    I agree with you that it doesn't seem reasonable to have a hand gun in that situation , but I can also say honestly I have friends who are deer hunters, who often have a side arm who go into bars after a nice day of hunting.
    Is it necessary?

I would say not at all.
    Also this is not in inner city chicago, but rather back home in North Dakota.

Mike
    And that right allows you to bear that arm if you do so legally. I don't know about N. Dakota, but most states you can not carry a side arm into a public or work place. In states that do allow it, you must have a permit for the gun & another to carry it.

Most of these players are violating laws when carrying theirs by either not having a permit for their weapon, not having a permit to carry a concealed weapon or taking them into establishments that ban firearms inside their establishments.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "Mikecarter81" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Since the dawn of football, when has their ever been a time that a football player has benefited from or could have benefited from carrying a hand gun?

Since the dawn of football, how many players have had repercussions & gotten into trouble from carrying a hand gun?
    Well unfortunately a gun is a gun, it doesn't matter if its a hand gun or a rifle.
    I agree with you that it doesn't seem reasonable to have a hand gun in that situation , but I can also say honestly I have friends who are deer hunters, who often have a side arm who go into bars after a nice day of hunting.
    Is it necessary?

I would say not at all.

Mike
    And that right allows you to bear that arm if you do so legally. I don't know about N. Dakota, but most states you can not carry a side arm into a public or work place. In states that do allow it, you must have a permit for the gun & another to carry it.

Most of these players are violating laws when carrying theirs by either not having a permit for their weapon, not having a permit to carry a concealed weapon or taking them into establishments that ban firearms inside their establishments.
    same laws apply

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Carry the gun not in the club. If I had millions or was worth it you bet I would have guns in my home to protect my family.

But I would not being going out to the club sitting the VIP section with a loaded weapon.

It would be in my car.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

"singersp" wrote:
    "Mikecarter81" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Is it necessary?

I would say not at all.

Mike

You are correct in AZ (Cowboy state) you can carry pretty much everywhere.
    However you cannot carry in a "BAR".

(Believe it or not this was a ballot vote about 10 years to allow people with guns into bars)

you can purchase a gun just with your drivers license and the 7-day waiting peorid.

If you get convicted of a felon you can have your gun rights restored.

When they released you from Prison back in the Wild West days, they give you $50 in gold and pistol.

My buddy who lived in NY all his life told me how STRICT the gun laws are in NY. He said it takes a lot of work to get premission to carry.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

"Jereamiah" wrote:
    "Mikecarter81" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    A team-by-team sampling of opinions about guns in the NFL.
    http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=494019

I kindof think the guys who said something along the lines of "If you are going to a place that you feel you need a gun, then you shouldn't be going there".
    I never agreed with the line of thinking because it would eliminate a lot of players homes and communities.

I have my degree in social work and unfortunately have had a lot of experience working with poor inner city youth.
    The problem is a lot of young african americans grow up lookng as guns as the only means to solve issues, because it was what was seen.
    Now I don't condone the issue, but I for one is smart enough to realize its not just an easy slam dunk case.
    There are lots of factors that go into this issue.

Mike

Well, It is a pretty sound philosophy if you look at it and apply another truism/saying: "Nothing good happens at 2:00 in the morning." ;D Out partying, clubbing, packing heat. Bad mixture. Nothing good was going to come of it, and sure enough..... At least take a firearm class if you are going to be armed. I'll bet plax holds the pistol sideways when he shoots it too. ;D I have never understood that. The sights are ON TOP of the gun for a reason.
    WRONG WAY! Then: The RIGHT WAY! ;D

[img size=100]http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/IMG_2396.JPG[/img][img size=100]http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/IMG_2399.JPG[/img]
    Tuco the world.....

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"Jereamiah" wrote:
    "Jereamiah" wrote:
    "Mikecarter81" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

I kindof think the guys who said something along the lines of "If you are going to a place that you feel you need a gun, then you shouldn't be going there".
    I never agreed with the line of thinking because it would eliminate a lot of players homes and communities.

I have my degree in social work and unfortunately have had a lot of experience working with poor inner city youth.
    The problem is a lot of young african americans grow up lookng as guns as the only means to solve issues, because it was what was seen.
    Now I don't condone the issue, but I for one is smart enough to realize its not just an easy slam dunk case.

Mike

Well, It is a pretty sound philosophy if you look at it and apply another truism/saying: "Nothing good happens at 2:00 in the morning." ;D Out partying, clubbing, packing heat. Bad mixture. Nothing good was going to come of it, and sure enough..... At least take a firearm class if you are going to be armed. I'll bet plax holds the pistol sideways when he shoots it too. ;D I have never understood that. The sights are ON TOP of the gun for a reason.
    Are your pants sagged in the first picture?

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "Jereamiah" wrote:
    "Jereamiah" wrote:
    "Mikecarter81" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Mike

Are your pants sagged in the first picture?
    Oh yah. But since this is a family site, had to show it from the waist up. Funny you should ask that.
    Alot of the wanna-bees and young poser kids have no idea why they wear their pants like that. I'll use the "lingo." Back in the day, When guys went to prison, they were not issued belts, as the prison officials were afraid that the inmates would use them to hang themselves or hurt others. The pants they recieved were often times too big. They sagged. So when the guys got out, they wore the saggy drawers as a mark or sign saying they did time. simple.
    Tuco the world.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12