Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

NFL players share thoughts on guns

A team-by-team sampling of opinions about guns in the NFL.
    http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=494019

I kindof think the guys who said something along the lines of "If you are going to a place that you feel you need a gun, then you shouldn't be going there".
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Articnv is offline Coach

Re: NFL players share thoughts on guns

i thinkm its pretty common sense if you feel the need to carry bcz u dont feel safe wtf would you go there.
    Who cares if its yoru odl stomping grounds you moved up in life why would u want go back to the pit u
    crawled out of

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

You make millions, hire a freaking bodyguard or two....

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"ThorSPL" wrote:

but that would make sense, and as you may have noticed, plax is missing a couple of screws upstairs

Mikecarter81 is offline Coordinator

"Marrdro" wrote:

I kindof think the guys who said something along the lines of "If you are going to a place that you feel you need a gun, then you shouldn't be going there".
    I never agreed with the line of thinking because it would eliminate a lot of players homes and communities.

I have my degree in social work and unfortunately have had a lot of experience working with poor inner city youth.
    The problem is a lot of young african americans grow up lookng as guns as the only means to solve issues, because it was what was seen.
    Now I don't condone the issue, but I for one is smart enough to realize its not just an easy slam dunk case.
    There are lots of factors that go into this issue.

Mike

I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:

but that would make sense, and as you may have noticed, plax is missing a couple of screws upstairs
    When they were handing out brains, he thought they said trains and he said he already had one

Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler

I'm not 100% sure that carrying or not carrying a gun is a good idea in all situations, but I certainly can tell you what is NOT a good idea, and that would be illegally carrying a gun and shooting yourself in the leg.

"Mikecarter81" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

I never agreed with the line of thinking because it would eliminate a lot of players homes and communities.

I have my degree in social work and unfortunately have had a lot of experience working with poor inner city youth.
    The problem is a lot of young african americans grow up lookng as guns as the only means to solve issues, because it was what was seen.
    Now I don't condone the issue, but I for one is smart enough to realize its not just an easy slam dunk case.
    There are lots of factors that go into this issue.

Mike

Well, It is a pretty sound philosophy if you look at it and apply another truism/saying: "Nothing good happens at 2:00 in the morning." ;D Out partying, clubbing, packing heat. Bad mixture. Nothing good was going to come of it, and sure enough..... At least take a firearm class if you are going to be armed. I'll bet plax holds the pistol sideways when he shoots it too. ;D I have never understood that. The sights are ON TOP of the gun for a reason.
    Tuco the world.....

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Since the dawn of football, when has their ever been a time that a football player has benefited from or could have benefited from carrying a hand gun?

Since the dawn of football, how many players have had repercussions & gotten into trouble from carrying a hand gun?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Mikecarter81 is offline Coordinator

"singersp" wrote:
    Since the dawn of football, when has their ever been a time that a football player has benefited from or could have benefited from carrying a hand gun?

Since the dawn of football, how many players have had repercussions & gotten into trouble from carrying a hand gun?
    Well unfortunately a gun is a gun, it doesn't matter if its a hand gun or a rifle.
    The constitution affords un the right to bear arms.
    I agree with you that it doesn't seem reasonable to have a hand gun in that situation , but I can also say honestly I have friends who are deer hunters, who often have a side arm who go into bars after a nice day of hunting.
    Is it necessary?
    I would say not at all.
    Also this is not in inner city chicago, but rather back home in North Dakota.

Mike
    I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast