COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

NFL Owner's Planes

There is a piece on Pro-Football Talk about the fact that a "source" had told PFT that the Washington Redskins plane was enroute to Arizona to pick up Jim Fassel and bring him back to Washington to be introduced as the new head coach.
    The phrase "source" is phony. So how did they know that if they don't really have a "source." Well, they do have a "source", but it's not a person. It's all very simple...
    If you know the tail number of the airplane you can use a tracking service called "FlightAware, http://flightaware.com/ to track the tail number of the plane, especially if a flight plan is filed (which almost every private jet does.)
    So I got to playing around a few weeks ago and found out that Wilf's plane is housed at "Short Hills Avation" at Morristown, NJ.
    I found out by doing a Google search that Wilf's private plane is the Dassault Falcon 2000 and the tail number is N18MV.
    So I thought, well, that will be interesting to follow him around. So I checked out the plane on Flight Aware and here's the message I got:
    "This flight is not available for tracking per request from the owner/operator."
    RATS! So much for that idea.
    I wrote to PFT about two weeks ago about this and asked them what tracking service they used because "FlightAware" was the only one I could find. Those buggers never answered me. Apparently they don't want to give away any trade secrets.
    Anyway, I thought I'd just let you know there is no "source." PFT did the same thing I did. Nothing more, nothing less.

Bu the way, here's a picture of the Vikings Jet:

See the Viking logo on the tail?
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: NFL Owner's Planes

Update...
    I've included a picture of the Vikings Jet on the post above.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Rockford.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    Rockford.
    That would be a sucky show, if Jim Rockford was constantly pulling up to the trailer on the beach to run inside and Google things.

And what good would Angel be?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"COJOMAY" wrote:

So I got to playing around a few weeks ago and found out that Wilf's plane is housed at "Short Hills Avation" at Morristown, NJ.
    The company I work for just put in an automated weather station at that airport last month.
    Good to know Zygi is using our equipment.

Also, I did get to see Gibbs private jet while installing a different system in NC.
    It was during NASCAR season and he was landing/taxiing in just as we were pulling out.
    Very nice plane.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Yep. Flight tracking really started to "take off" a few years ago during NC State's basketball coaching search. Some people had an insider who worked in the airport who told the fans about the whole being able to get the tail numbers and track the planes. People would actually go to the airport and live blog in the waiting area of RDU international hoping to see someone like Rick Barnes. It's become really common since then and a lot of fan bases are starting to use it.. Kinda cool that NC State's fan base is for the most part credited as the origin of all this.

That is annoying that wilf's plane is pretty untrackable though. We need to get an insider who can help us track free agents or something of that sort lol.

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Cojo good work on the research, but no matter which service you choose, the plane owner simply has to request that their flight plans and tail number be not made public. This was the same way they tracked the Fins owner in the past, but they simply make the plans none public and poof the flights are hidden from the general eye.