Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14
  1. #11
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,768
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: NFL owners lock out players, bound for court

    Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1091579
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1091571
    Quote Originally Posted by "AngloVike" #1091533
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1091528
    For some reason I think that DeMaurice Smith is the devil, but aside from that, I really don't give a squat about this whole bickering issue. I just want football.
    Smith just reminds me of the union leaders I used to see on the TV here in the 70's and 80's... all show for the cameras and no substance behind it. He's having his 5 minutes of fame in the public eye and loving every moment of it.
    I guess my biggest issue with him is he seems to be grinding this axe, not for the players, but to show he is a hard ass in an effort to set himself up for his next gig.
    I think he's just doing his job, getting the players union as much as they can possibly get.
    well remember that mantra when you pay more for tickets, merchandising etc etc as a result of the players getting that.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  2. #12
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,275

    Re: NFL owners lock out players, bound for court

    Quote Originally Posted by "AngloVike" #1091611
    Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1091579
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1091571
    Quote Originally Posted by "AngloVike" #1091533
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1091528
    For some reason I think that DeMaurice Smith is the devil, but aside from that, I really don't give a squat about this whole bickering issue. I just want football.
    Smith just reminds me of the union leaders I used to see on the TV here in the 70's and 80's... all show for the cameras and no substance behind it. He's having his 5 minutes of fame in the public eye and loving every moment of it.
    I guess my biggest issue with him is he seems to be grinding this axe, not for the players, but to show he is a hard ass in an effort to set himself up for his next gig.
    I think he's just doing his job, getting the players union as much as they can possibly get.
    well remember that mantra when you pay more for tickets, merchandising etc etc as a result of the players getting that.
    He's just doing his job. He represents the players union, not the NFL or the fans.
    Hate the game not the player.

  3. #13
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,135

    Re: NFL owners lock out players, bound for court

    Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1091620
    Quote Originally Posted by "AngloVike" #1091611
    Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1091579
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1091571
    Quote Originally Posted by "AngloVike" #1091533
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1091528
    For some reason I think that DeMaurice Smith is the devil, but aside from that, I really don't give a squat about this whole bickering issue. I just want football.
    Smith just reminds me of the union leaders I used to see on the TV here in the 70's and 80's... all show for the cameras and no substance behind it. He's having his 5 minutes of fame in the public eye and loving every moment of it.
    I guess my biggest issue with him is he seems to be grinding this axe, not for the players, but to show he is a hard ass in an effort to set himself up for his next gig.
    I think he's just doing his job, getting the players union as much as they can possibly get.
    well remember that mantra when you pay more for tickets, merchandising etc etc as a result of the players getting that.
    He's just doing his job. He represents the players union, not the NFL or the fans.
    Hate the game not the player.
    What both sides are forgetting is that WE are the NFL...the FANS. Without US, there are no new contracts, no TV deals, no endorsements.

    The NHL learned that the hard way when they had their pissing match..they have yet to recover.

    It's too bad we're all like a bunch of addicts. If we all got together and said, "Screw ALL of you, we're DONE", they'd stop cold.

    Instead, WE pay super inflated prices for tickets, jerseys, Sunday Ticket, memorabilia, and so on and THEY fight over who gets how big of a piece of OUR pie.

    Truth is, as much as the millionaires suing the billionaires pisses me off, we have ourselves to blame for it.

    We gave them the power...and we're too stupid and weak to take it back....and they know it.

    Caine

  4. #14
    marshallvike's Avatar
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,456

    Re: NFL owners lock out players, bound for court

    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1091625
    Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1091620
    Quote Originally Posted by "AngloVike" #1091611
    Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1091579
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1091571
    Quote Originally Posted by "AngloVike" #1091533
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1091528
    For some reason I think that DeMaurice Smith is the devil, but aside from that, I really don't give a squat about this whole bickering issue. I just want football.
    Smith just reminds me of the union leaders I used to see on the TV here in the 70's and 80's... all show for the cameras and no substance behind it. He's having his 5 minutes of fame in the public eye and loving every moment of it.
    I guess my biggest issue with him is he seems to be grinding this axe, not for the players, but to show he is a hard ass in an effort to set himself up for his next gig.
    I think he's just doing his job, getting the players union as much as they can possibly get.
    well remember that mantra when you pay more for tickets, merchandising etc etc as a result of the players getting that.
    He's just doing his job. He represents the players union, not the NFL or the fans.
    Hate the game not the player.
    What both sides are forgetting is that WE are the NFL...the FANS. Without US, there are no new contracts, no TV deals, no endorsements.

    The NHL learned that the hard way when they had their pissing match..they have yet to recover.

    It's too bad we're all like a bunch of addicts. If we all got together and said, "Screw ALL of you, we're DONE", they'd stop cold.

    Instead, WE pay super inflated prices for tickets, jerseys, Sunday Ticket, memorabilia, and so on and THEY fight over who gets how big of a piece of OUR pie.

    Truth is, as much as the millionaires suing the billionaires pisses me off, we have ourselves to blame for it.

    We gave them the power...and we're too stupid and weak to take it back....and they know it.

    Caine
    +1.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. NFL owners, players make nice in Minneapolis courtroom
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-26-2006, 12:31 PM
  2. LSU...Indy bound!!!
    By cajunvike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-26-2006, 03:53 AM
  3. I'M COLLEGE BOUND!!
    By vikes2456 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-20-2006, 04:51 AM
  4. Milan bound ...
    By AngloVike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-15-2005, 05:11 PM
  5. Minnesota bound !
    By AngloVike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-25-2004, 07:53 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •