Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator

Re: NFL officials to have conference call

scottishvike wrote:
    I know this matters not a jot now but it looked like Peterson was short when scoring against the Patriots (who lost the challenge) on Sunday. Maybe these things do even themselves out over the course of the season.
    I agree with you on that. He did appear to be short on the review clips. But then again, it looked to me like he was in on the previous attempt, which was not reviewed.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Traveling_Vike wrote:
    scottishvike wrote:
    I know this matters not a jot now but it looked like Peterson was short when scoring against the Patriots (who lost the challenge) on Sunday. Maybe these things do even themselves out over the course of the season.
    I agree with you on that. He did appear to be short on the review clips. But then again, it looked to me like he was in on the previous attempt, which was not reviewed.
    Don't know if he was short or not, but the point is sound. Bad calls happen all the time in football. Overtime the number of calls against are about the same as the number of calls for. Fans just tend to remember the calls against their team a little more...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator

NodakPaul wrote:
    Traveling_Vike wrote:
    scottishvike wrote:
    Don't know if he was short or not, but the point is sound. Bad calls happen all the time in football. Overtime the number of calls against are about the same as the number of calls for. Fans just tend to remember the calls against their team a little more...
    I don't disagree with that premise, Paul. Everyone tends to remember the bad things in general more clearly than the good, especially the most recent. It's just human nature.

I also suspect that the officials (although they are not supposed to) will often try to make up for a bad call by leaning a little toward the victim later in that game.

In the end, it comes down to three things. Effort, observation, and timing. If you have all of those things worklng for you (which we do not), you will come out ahead more often than not.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

I hate instant replay....always have....always will.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

I hate pass interference.

Randy Moss and Antonio Cromartie are running downfield. Even if they do line up 20 yards downfield how are they really going to tell what's happening with those two when they're 40 more yards downfield jostling for position?

If there's one penalty that should be reviewable it's pass interference.

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

And that is one of my issues with instant replay.

Cannot review all items.

They even get the review wrong.

Why bother. Play through the mistakes of the officials. As a player/team you have to play through your mistakes.

Do not put yourself in a position where one play can make or break you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12