Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

NFL Off Season Power Rankings (2007-08)

[size=13pt]NFL Off Season Power Rankings (2007-08)[/size]

by user Hbvgamer
    armchairgm.com

Everyone is talking about baseball and their mid-season Analysis'. What about all those football fans out there? These are my off-season Power Rankings based on schedule strength and off season pickups/losses......

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Re: NFL Off Season Power Rankings (2007-08)

31. Minnesota Vikings-The Vikings went 6-10 last year with many players who they lost. Well they got replacements that happened to be even worse. A guy named Tarvaris Jackson will be starting for Quarterback this season. His only decent receiver will be Troy Williamson who didn't even gain 500 yards last year. Chester Taylor will remain as their running back. He can expect a lot more touches throughout the season as they will have nothing to do with the ball since passing is out of the question. Darren Sharper and Antoine Winfield are going to have to carry the defense since they will be getting no help from anyone. Honestly, this could be the worst season ever for the Vikings.

Is this putz even aware that we drafted Adrian Peterson?

Honestly, this could be the worst season ever for the Vikings.
    Was this idiot even alive in 1984 when Les Steckel took us to a 3-13 season?

I posted my comments on his article in the comments area.

I'm "Anonymous Fanatic #4"

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    31. Minnesota Vikings-The Vikings went 6-10 last year with many players who they lost. Well they got replacements that happened to be even worse. A guy named Tarvaris Jackson will be starting for Quarterback this season. His only decent receiver will be Troy Williamson who didn't even gain 500 yards last year. Chester Taylor will remain as their running back. He can expect a lot more touches throughout the season as they will have nothing to do with the ball since passing is out of the question. Darren Sharper and Antoine Winfield are going to have to carry the defense since they will be getting no help from anyone. Honestly, this could be the worst season ever for the Vikings.

Is this putz even aware that we drafted Adrian Peterson?

Honestly, this could be the worst season ever for the Vikings.
    Was this idiot even alive in 1984 when Les Steckel took us to a 3-13 season?

I posted my comments on his article in the comments area.

I'm "Anonymous Fanatic #4"
    I think this Hbvgamer might be too dumb to understand what you wrote.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

This is absurd! This guy is a fucking moron, I've never read something so stupid.

Defending super bowl champs #8? The Eagles 5!!? Panthers 4?! This guy might be retarded, honestly.

31. Minnesota Vikings-The Vikings went 6-10 last year with many players who they lost. Well they got replacements that happened to be even worse.A guy named Tarvaris Jackson will be starting for Quarterback this season.[glow=red,2,300]His only decent receiver will be Troy Williamson who didn't even gain 500 yards last year.[/glow] [size=10pt]Chester Taylor will remain as their running back. He can expect a lot more touches throughout the season as they will have nothing to do with the ball since passing is out of the question.[/size] Darren Sharper and Antoine Winfield are going to have to carry the defense since they will be getting no help from anyone. Honestly, this could be the worst season ever for the Vikings.
    - Can somebody name a single position we're worse-off at this season than we were last?

- A guy named? Did we just pick someone up off the street? He's a starting QB in the NFL and was a second round pick... even if he is unproven he deserves more respect than "some guy."

- [glow=red,2,300]Second round pick who "if waited one more year to come out would have been a top 15 pick" Sidney Rice isn't decent? Bobby Wade who had more yards and TDs than Troy Williamson in a smaller role isn't decent?[/glow]

- [size=10pt]Adrian Peterson[/size]

- Pat Williams and Kevin Williams are the two best DTs in the NFL. Antoine Winfield is IMO the best cover 2 corner in the NFL today, coupled with a very good young cover 2 corner Cedric Griffin and depth with a very talented Marcus McCauley. Erasmus James and Chad Greenway, two first round picks out due to injury who will make a big impact on our defense. EJ Henderson had 109 tackles last season and is moving to MLB.... How's that for no help?

I believe I said Vin Carucci is the worst NFL Analyst last week. I stand corrected, this guy makes him look like Einstein... or the football version of Einstein.

EDIT: The "Insert table row" and "Underline" buttons are switched on the posting toolbar thing... in case you were wondering.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

I learned a couple of other things I didn't know, on his way out of KC Trent Green was in Washington (must of been napping when that happened) and the fins have a effective backup (best QB undercontract not allowed with the team in the league)

Miami Dolphins-The AFC is a tough league to be in but I think this will be the year before they are at the top of the league. Trent Green was brought in from Washington, but they still have Culpepper who has seen his better days but is still an effective Quarterback

ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer

Ya, I mean this guy knows it all! "Some guy named Tarvaris Jackson" I gonna lead us this year to at least 6 wins not the 2nd worst team of the year

Thank you Josdin for the sig

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

Hey....if it is on the internet it is true and reliable.

;D ;D

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

This article was a really bad joke. This is another guy who needs to stay away from electrical devices for his own sake they will probably outsmart him and make him regret writing this article.I know no one is giving The Vikes a chance but this guy butchered the vikings,dint mention the draft picks nothing.
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

KRob18 is offline Rookie

What a dumbass he had the Lions before us!
    30. Detroit Lions-They made a few improvements, but not many. They went from Harrington to Kitna at the QB position. Guess they aren't winning 10 games anymore! It's not like they would have with Harrington, but I guess now he has an excuse? Anyway, the WR core has improved a lot which included Roy Williams, Calvin Johnson (Rookie), and Mike Furrey. They have also acquired Tatum Bell from the Broncos. It's going to be weird seeing Tatum in a Lions uniform. Kevin Jones for some reason is still their starter, but I doubt he'll start the season, Bell's just too good, but we'll see just how well with the Lions offensive line. Their whole defensive line totaled 14 sacks from last year. To sum up the Lions defense, it sucks.

Re: NFL Power Rankings (2007-08)

[size=13pt]PFW's preseason power rankings[/size]

profootballweekly.com

July 25, 2007

30. Minnesota Vikings
    Two running backs, no quarterbacks, no wide receivers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast