Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

NFL Network Cuts Comcast Deal

Link

The three-year-old NFL Network has quietly cut a deal for this season with Comcast Corp., the largest U.S. cable operator, to carry its controversial package of eight live football games on terms far weaker than the league is seeking.

Meanwhile, the NFL Network will go dark on Time Warner Cable systems recently acquired from Adelphia Communications in a bankruptcy sale.The Adelphia dispute is part of a larger duel in which the No. 2 cable operator is resisting paying the NFL network's high license fee and carriage demands. Time Warner has said the NFL is looking for a 250% increase in those fees.

Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: NFL Network Cuts Comcast Deal

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Link

The three-year-old NFL Network has quietly cut a deal for this season with Comcast Corp., the largest U.S. cable operator, to carry its controversial package of eight live football games on terms far weaker than the league is seeking.

Meanwhile, the NFL Network will go dark on Time Warner Cable systems recently acquired from Adelphia Communications in a bankruptcy sale.The Adelphia dispute is part of a larger duel in which the No. 2 cable operator is resisting paying the NFL network's high license fee and carriage demands. Time Warner has said the NFL is looking for a 250% increase in those fees.

What about Charter, dammit??

While I'm on that subject:

[rant]
    Goddammit - why doesn't the government get involved with the county-by-county, jurisdiction-by-jurisdiction cable monopolies we have in this frigging country?
    I'm stuck with Charter unless I move.
    And while I like the service, I have no voice in the channels THEY decide to carry.
    We just started getting ESPN2HD (and FSNHD, but that's almost never on unless the Twins are home) but don't get TNTHD.
    But I can't switch to Comcast (or Time-Warner or whatever) because Charter is my local provider and that's just too fucking bad for me.
    Grr.
    [/rant]

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

scumpuke is offline Rookie

tell me about it, the only thing i can figure out to do right now is to get satelite radio and listen to the games there. i'm finding cable/satelite to be either too cost prohibitive or unavailable. total bummer. i guess i could go to some giant bar for every game but i don't find that prospect too enticing.
    Partyin' Purple Style!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Can't you get a satellite dish?

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

The answer to your problems is SuperTV.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    The answer to your problems is SuperTV.
    How is that going to help?

[img width=450 height=337]http://www.tech2.com/media/images/img_3244_sharp_108_2.jpg[/img]

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

We have Comcast, but that package deal with the NFL won't guarentie that I'll be able to see the Vikings play every week..

I'll stick with my Dish Network and continue to buy the NFL package for the sum of $200 per season....This way I'm sure to get the Vikings games on my TV every week.. ;D

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"NordicNed" wrote:

We have Comcast, but that package deal with the NFL won't guarentie that I'll be able to see the Vikings play every week..

I'll stick with my Dish Network and continue to buy the NFL package for the sum of $200 per season....This way I'm sure to get the Vikings games on my TV every week.. ;D
    I thought you could only get sunday ticket on Direct TV?

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:

Maybe thats what I have, Direct TV....I get them confused all the time, I used to have Dish and dropped them for Direct, so I can get all the games....I did this 2 years ago..This will be my 3rd season with Direct....
    Thanks Bad....LOL

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:

Maybe thats what I have, Direct TV....I get them confused all the time, I used to have Dish and dropped them for Direct, so I can get all the games....I did this 2 years ago..This will be my 3rd season with Direct....
    Thanks Bad....LOL
    You have Direct TV Ned. I was there when they installed it.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast