Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Prophet Guest

Re: NFL Network could prove to be bad for fans

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Well I went to Comcast cable here in Utah last night to check on this for my dad since I will be spending thanksgiving over there and I need 2 GAMES to survive.

I went inside and the lady asked if she could help me. I calmly explained the situation. She nodded the whole time and I thought that was a good sign, but it turns out she just had some sort of nervous twitch or something. She told me I needed to talk to the TOA. I agreed. The lady was pretty hot, I mean I'm married but I didn't mind having her lead me around a bit. I had my camera phone on me so I snapped this pic.....

She was kind of shy that's why she was looking at the ground with one eye. The other one was fixed on me. Afterwards she asked me how old I was. I told her, she seemed disappointed and detatched. So she lead me to the board room where the triangle of authority was. When the door opened I entered and had a seat.

There were three chairs turned away from me. After a few moments of tension a voice spoke....the man said..."son..do you know who we are?" I said "Nope" Then all three laughed as if they were one being. They began to tell me that they were the alpha and the omega, the begining and the end and that they have been around as long as time itself.

I was told that one simply could not request a channel to be added to a listing without praying for it. That even the mere prayer would not be answered unless I can prophesize to over 1000 people and get them to join in my prayers. Humbles by the new found knowledge I stood up to leave.

Slowly they all turned to face me. Realizing the opportunity to show the world who the true cable god were I snapped a few photos:

:grin: :grin: Wow. At least you tried!

LL-MMan is offline Starter

I rarely watch the NFL network because it seems NFL total access is the same show for 3 days. It's nice when I do watch, but they need to add more content.

Their replay of games is a joke. I'd never watch one unless some player had a record day.

Viking fans hunger a Championship more than anyone in sports.

Bring it home boyz.
    Bring it home.

ChezPizmo is offline Coordinator

"VikingNed" wrote:
    Direct TV is the satelite company that carries the NFL Network, and is the only one to offer the NFL Package..

This is why I have Direct TV and not Dish....

I love it, and for $200 a season, it's well worth the cost to have any and all NFL games to watch......
    DirectTV is the only one with the season ticket or NFL Network?
    Because I have Dish Network and I have the NFL Network, and I never really called to ordered it, think it came in a package.

There really isn't anything great that comes on. Maybe the occasional 'Game of the Week' from a past season, or an interesting 'In Their Own Words', but other than that, not much...
    [size=11pt]"The only thing better than food & football is maybe Brett Favre."

[size=8pt]

-John Madden on Thanksgiving while on "Mike & Mike In The Morning"

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"LL-MMan" wrote:
    I rarely watch the NFL network because it seems NFL total access is the same show for 3 days. It's nice when I do watch, but they need to add more content.

Their replay of games is a joke. I'd never watch one unless some player had a record day.
    I think they are working their way into better programming.

Once they get these games rolling and the money flowing.

I do like it during preseason when they have all preseason games replayed at sometime during the week.

For me, not living in the Twin Cities, it is about the only way to see a preseason game. It use to be the the bars were able to get these preseason games if they had a Sat Pakage, but good luck finding that anymore. I haven't seen that since 1993?????

The programming will get better.

ChezPizmo is offline Coordinator

"Vikadelic" wrote:
    It really rocks! From programs such as "Life of a Miami Dolphins Cheerleader" to broadcasting the entire Indianapolis combine. There is plenty for those of us to keep ourselves entertained during the off season. I like it best in the offseason because it is all football all the time. During season though, I tune into ESPN more frequently.
    Woo! The ENITRE combine?! Sounds fun!
    I'm gonna go put my cheese grater away now because putting my nuts through it wouldn't be near as fun as watching that! :roll:
    [size=11pt]"The only thing better than food & football is maybe Brett Favre."

[size=8pt]

-John Madden on Thanksgiving while on "Mike & Mike In The Morning"

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"ChezPizmo" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:
    Direct TV is the satelite company that carries the NFL Network, and is the only one to offer the NFL Package..

This is why I have Direct TV and not Dish....

I love it, and for $200 a season, it's well worth the cost to have any and all NFL games to watch......
    DirectTV is the only one with the season ticket or NFL Network?
    Because I have Dish Network and I have the NFL Network, and I never really called to ordered it, think it came in a package.

There really isn't anything great that comes on. Maybe the occasional 'Game of the Week' from a past season, or an interesting 'In Their Own Words', but other than that, not much...
    DirectTV is the only one to offer the NFL Season Ticket. Both Dish and DirectTV carry the NFL Network, and it is part of the standard programming for both of them.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

ShanePurpleBlood is offline Coordinator

NFL network is the best thing to happen to TV since color!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another great sig by PPE!
    SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456