Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Prophet Guest

Re: NFL Network could prove to be bad for fans

I wouldn't mind paying for individual games broadcast on the Internet (TV, not radio). MLB already does that, I would love to see the NFL do that too.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Just got done checking on my local Comcast site, looks like the only way to get NFL Network around here at the moment is by getting the sports package. It doesn't even come with the standard digital cable,silver, or gold.

That is poohie.
    I agree, that is shit. I wonder how fast that will change when subscribers start going to Dish or DirectTV or other cable network that offer it standard.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

I have Time Warner Cable and it is not offered with them, and they are one of the bigger cable companies in the US. I went through the Link and sent a request to them to get it added to their programing.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Unfortunatley for NFL fans the network is not as easily as accesible channel
    for most.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

I have comcast digital cable and have NFL Network

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"WinonaVike" wrote:
    for most.
    Then the fans need to call their cable companies and complain. Or switch to a company that does offer it. Again, I go back to 1987, when people were making the same complaints against ESPN. Yeah, ESPN was already part of most cable lineups, but a lot more people didn't have cable to begin with.

I really think this will spur more cable providers to start carrying the NFL network. It is only one game this year, but it will be more next year. I doubt the NFL network would ever get more than one game a week, but it woudn't surprise me if they got the Sunday night games before too long.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Del Rio Guest

"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    I have comcast digital cable and have NFL Network
    Yeah, I think it's cause I live in Utah and they want to make us suffer.

Del Rio Guest

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "WinonaVike" wrote:
    for most.
    Then the fans need to call their cable companies and complain. Or switch to a company that does offer it. Again, I go back to 1987, when people were making the same complaints against ESPN. Yeah, ESPN was already part of most cable lineups, but a lot more people didn't have cable to begin with.

I really think this will spur more cable providers to start carrying the NFL network. It is only one game this year, but it will be more next year. I doubt the NFL network would ever get more than one game a week, but it woudn't surprise me if they got the Sunday night games before too long.
    I think the NFL should do the footwork. They have more weight to back them anyway. Why should someone have to harass their cable company to add the channel so they can watch something that is only on because of them. The NFL is what it is because of fans. Why make it hard on them?

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

you mean how they lied last night when they said we were planning a big move, and then they never bothered showing what it was supposed to be? that is one thing i absolutely hate about the nfl network
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

I don't believe we need a network for the Nfl at all...with the web, tv, espc, cnnsi etc etc...why have a channel just on the nfl and stuff

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast