Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: NFL Network

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: NFL Network

"Freya" wrote:
    Having the Sunday ticket is one thing. This is exclusivity and not in keeping with the original agreement. Are they broadcasting the games on NFLN in their teams local markets? If not, then there it is.
    Yes, they are.
    The local viewing areas of the teams involved get the games off of an over-the-air broadcast station.

But what about the Vikings fan who lives in Florida or Texas or NORTH DAKOTA next Thursday when they play the Packers?
    Sorry!
    Tough luck!
    Write your cable company!

That's what the NFL says.
    We've got what you want and if you don't give us our terms, you can't have it.

They're crack dealers.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Del Rio Guest

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    I will have to find the link but it was not off of NFLN's site lmao.

Even so I do not see how it is their problem you don't want to pay 3$ more a month for cable. It is their product, they are trying to make it accessable to everyone which is the rules and it isn't the NFL keeping it from happening it is TIME WARNER, other cable companies have had no problem latching on.

Of course they aren't going to offer it for free, WHY!? Why would you. 137 million dollars may sound impressive but spread that out over the hundreds of millions of cable customers your looking at a few dollars.

The NFL is a cash cow, if you want to have them on your cable company you have to pay, because chances are it will get people to watch your channels which brings in more money. Nothing is free, and I agree with the NFL on this one. I would be very surprised if any legal action even began to happen other then threats, not when the NFL is working on getting the games shown basic cable.
    Never said that they should offer it for free.
    But why not allow it to be part of a digital sports package (which I currently CHOOSE to subscribe to on my cable) which those who are interested can buy?
    Why attempt to force it on people who don't want it AND make them pay for it?

=Z=
    They do that now. It is available in a sports package to those cable companies that want it. Comcast carries it in many areas where demand is great I for one pay ~5$ a month for it in a sports package. It gives me NBA TV and NFLN.

And those very sports packages are being questioned by legislation as you posted, they want it available to everyone. The NFL want it to be a standard channel in part to meet the requirements.

Tell me this, if I can get NFLN in a sports package through comcast, then why can't people get it through Time Warner, is it the NFL not wanting to offer it or is it Time Warner being butt hurt that a company with more influence is making demands. Time Warner was border line monopoly for a long time. I have a feeling if I can get it through comcast, the only reason you can't is Time Warner is puffing it's chest out.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Del" wrote:
    They do that now. It is available in a sports package to those cable companies that want it. Comcast carries it in many areas where demand is great I for one pay ~5$ a month for it in a sports package. It gives me NBA TV and NFLN.

And those very sports packages are being questioned by legislation as you posted, they want it available to everyone. The NFL want it to be a standard channel in part to meet the requirements.

Tell me this, if I can get NFLN in a sports package through comcast, then why can't people get it through Time Warner, is it the NFL not wanting to offer it or is it Time Warner being butt hurt that a company with more influence is making demands. Time Warner was border line monopoly for a long time. I have a feeling if I can get it through comcast, the only reason you can't is Time Warner is puffing it's chest out.
    It's not just Time Warner.
    Cablevision and Charter are also balking at the NFL's demands.

I cannot speak to what deal Comcast originally made with the NFL in 2004.
    I can just tell you what I've read since then.
    And the NFL will not allow Charter (my cable company) to offer it as part of a digital sports package.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"AWZeus" wrote:

Never said that they should offer it for free.
    But why not allow it to be part of a digital sports package (which I currently CHOOSE to subscribe to on my cable) which those who are interested can buy?
    Why attempt to force it on people who don't want it AND make them pay for it?

=Z=
    Why should I have an NBA game blocked out of my Season Pass.
    Not Blacked out, but just plane blocked.
    I turned on the TV to watch the T-Pups/Rockets game this past week, no dice.
    Why?
    Because they can.

Bend Over!

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

I don't know why Comcast has it in your areas, but I have Comcast in Minneapolis, and they told me NFLN wasn't an option yet.
    -Sno

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

They are good at dealing with Cracks.

Truly Crack Dealers!

Del Rio Guest

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:

It's not just Time Warner.
    Cablevision and Charter are also balking at the NFL's demands.

I cannot speak to what deal Comcast originally made with the NFL in 2004.
    I can just tell you what I've read since then.
    And the NFL will not allow Charter (my cable company) to offer it as part of a digital sports package.

=Z=
    I guess time will tell.

Honest to god, from someone who has NFLN, I can say I am not a fan of it. They show the same stuff over and over and the commercials seem to take up a majority of the time. I know I am canceling mine after the GB game. So hopefully they will be forced to reduce the request.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I was actually hoping that the NFLN would come out with a kick ass broadcast for the Thursday night games.
    Something to really get the fans at home something to look forward to.
    That would have helped their cause.
    Instead, we got crappy camera work, half of which wasn't even in HD, horse shit commentary by gumble the frog, and a halftime show that was identical to the halftime show at the Lions game earlier in the day.
    The only bright spot was Cris Collinsworth.

After a showing like that, I could care less if the NFLN carries live games or not in the future.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234