Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NFL Network

bearitall Guest

Re: NFL Network

I know-No Thursday games OR Saturday games.

Can't be running to the bar everytime there is a game on...they will start calling me "Norm" .

Plus I don't think the hubby would appreciate me going to the bar 3 days a week.
    LOL

Is there anything the fans can do to petition this?

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

It is inevitable, you will be watching games on NFLN that will be on your local cable in the near future.
    They are going to push their way in.
    Heck, I would monopolize all the games if I had to, if I was the NFLN.
    It will happen not all the games but they could start broadcasting more games per week.
    It just may take a few years before your cable company get them.
    I hate to be inconsiderate of the less fortunate, but if you con't have DTv or cable, you are going to get screwed.

WisconsinSucks is offline Asst. Coach

I noticed last night that the Monday night game was shown on ABC here in Chicago.
    I figure that is for people who don't have cable and can't get ESPN.
    I wonder if they will show all cable games locally?

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

The bright side is the commish said that one of his plans is to offer the games online much like mlb.com does now.
    It will be fine, in the long run we'll have better access to the games.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Del Rio Guest

I was pissed at first then I found out I could get NFL network and NBA tv for 6 dollars a month. It used to be unavailable when I was bitching about it but my area brought it in after many people complained. I imagine in the next year or so it will be part of a cable package. I am sure that is what they are shooting for.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Brought back this thread and merged it into the NFL Discussion forum.

We are all for it when it is preseason and the NFLN is going to broadcast those games but when it comes to regular season those that don't have NFLN are going to complain.
    In all reality right now, It won't be more than one game a year you might miss.

Local fans won't be affected at all, still get local coverage.
    So the fans that are living a distance away that probably wouldn't have got the game without cable or the ticket still won't get it with the NFLN.
    It really seems like a small percentage of the Fans of the two team playing in that one game/week are the only ones really affected.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"WisconsinSucks" wrote:
    I noticed last night that the Monday night game was shown on ABC here in Chicago.
    I figure that is for people who don't have cable and can't get ESPN.
    I wonder if they will show all cable games locally?
    Yes, they do, in the local market of the involved teams.
    So - in St. Louis and Chicago last night, the MNF game was on a local over-the-air broadcast channel.

On 12/21, the Packers-Vikes game will be shown in the TC and in GB (and the rest of the Packer zone of influence) over-the-air on a local channel.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

gr8vike is offline Asst. Coach

I just recently got the NFLN and I love it. What is not to love about football? Anyway for those of you who dont have it, I would suggest paying the money for it, yeah they will have local games on in a few years but I live in the present, and dont live in the twin cities, so I have to have it to watch the pack get spanked next thursday!
    ;D

Thanks PPE for the Sig

Fighting on the Internet is like competing in the Special Olympics, even if you win, you are still mentally challenged!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"gr8vike" wrote:
    I just recently got the NFLN and I love it. What is not to love about football? Anyway for those of you who dont have it, I would suggest paying the money for it, yeah they will have local games on in a few years but I live in the present, and dont live in the twin cities, so I have to have it to watch the pack get spanked next thursday!
    ;D
    Okay - what people don't get is that I (and millions of others) can't just "pay...the money for it".
    My cable system does not offer it.
    There are many reasons why I choose cable over the alternatives and Charter (along with Time Warner and others) has chosen to say "No Way" to the NFL's demands for payment.

Demands, BTW, for a package of Thursday night games (and the rest of the NFLN's coverage) which has been a giant snooze-fest so far.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Del Rio Guest

I wasn't able to get it either. Then Comcast in my area started offering it after a lot of people cried about it. I imagine this will happen over time as the NFLN starts getting more and more games.

It sucks and it pissed me off, but it is their product they can do what they want with it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast