Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: NFL Net files complaint against Comcast

"Mr." wrote:
    I presonally hate comcast so I support the NFL 100%
    Welcome to the site my friend.
    Go give us an intro thread so we can learn more about you, however, that right thar gets you on my good side.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    Rutgers University
    But you're not playing ball for Rutgers, right?
    You're on the track team there, I'm assuming....

=Z=
    Nope, not this year at least, I'm gonna try to walk on next year. I'm not exactly sure why I never got any response to my prospective athlete questionnaire, they really only have one shot putter and discus thrower on the team right now, and my marks were good enough to make it IMO. I have a friend who's a high jumper who's coming here next fall though, so that gives me a little more inspiration to walk on. I miss competing, but not necessarily the commitment. If they had a club team here, or if we were smaller than D1 I'd be on the team for sure, but with all the NCAA restrictions on D1 athletes I'm not sure I'd want to be... unless they throw some scholarship money my way
    ;D

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Mr" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    Rutgers University
    But you're not playing ball for Rutgers, right?
    You're on the track team there, I'm assuming....

=Z=
    Nope, not this year at least, I'm gonna try to walk on next year. I'm not exactly sure why I never got any response to my prospective athlete questionnaire, they really only have one shot putter and discus thrower on the team right now, and my marks were good enough to make it IMO. I have a friend who's a high jumper who's coming here next fall though, so that gives me a little more inspiration to walk on. I miss competing, but not necessarily the commitment. If they had a club team here, or if we were smaller than D1 I'd be on the team for sure, but with all the NCAA restrictions on D1 athletes I'm not sure I'd want to be... unless they throw some scholarship money my way
    ;D
    If you quit doing those 'roids, then you wouldn't have to worry about the NCAA restrictions...or that acne on your back.
    :P
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"singersp" wrote:
    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=44160.0
    Must not have been compellling enough the first time...I blame it on the poster for not generating enough excitement.
    :P

"Mr" wrote:
    Verizon FiOs.

It's great. I'm at school and the internet here is literally 50x slower than at home. I load a 5 minute youtube video in seconds at home, and here it takes me at least 5-10 minutes. NFL Network is included with FiOs, picture quality is great, I have never lost my internet connection to the main computer in the house(only to ones connected wirelessly, but that's no big deal, it happens to every network), and haven't experienced any TV problems either.
    Agreed...FiOS is the best!
    Unfortunately, it's not yet available to many homeowners (I have it at home via my wife's home-based business...best of both worlds...I get to use it and the business pays for it...WOO HOO!).
    8)

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    Verizon FiOs.

It's great. I'm at school and the internet here is literally 50x slower than at home. I load a 5 minute youtube video in seconds at home, and here it takes me at least 5-10 minutes. NFL Network is included with FiOs, picture quality is great, I have never lost my internet connection to the main computer in the house(only to ones connected wirelessly, but that's no big deal, it happens to every network), and haven't experienced any TV problems either.
    Agreed...FiOS is the best!
    Unfortunately, it's not yet available to many homeowners (I have it at home via my wife's home-based business...best of both worlds...I get to use it and the business pays for it...WOO HOO!).
    8)
    Some would call that cheating :P

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

[size=12pt]FCC sides with NFL Network in dispute with Comcast[/size]

WASHINGTON -- The Federal Communications Commission has sided with the National Football League in a long-running programming dispute with Comcast Corp., ruling that Comcast should carry the league's NFL Network on its popular digital cable package.

In a decision released late Friday, the FCC ruled that Comcast discriminated against the NFL Network by agreeing to carry the channel only on a more expensive sports cable service. The NFL filed the complaint against Comcast in May.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

This is a nice win for all the fans out there who have never seen the NFLN.

Wait until you see some of the shows like AFC Playbook, NFC Playbook.
    You will never watch ESPN for football stuff again.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234