Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 38
  1. #11
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: NFL Net files complaint against Comcast

    "The" wrote:
    On that subject though, I do have to give out one more fuck you to Comcast, who holds a monopoly over cable internet access in my area. The only alternative is a (much) slower DSL line, and I get raped paying for the cable line. OK, rant off, now back to your regularly scheduled defending of overpaid cable and NFL whores.
    You do understand that the monopoly on cable internet access is due to your county or municipality and their contract with a provider, right?

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  2. #12
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,278

    Re: NFL Net files complaint against Comcast

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "The" wrote:
    floop Comcast and the NFL.

    Honestly I can't figure out why you two would defend either one. Both are essentially withholding product from consumers unless those said consumers are willing to sell the proverbial farm.
    You are correct there.
    I am just picking the lessor of the two evils.
    That and I really, really like the programming on NFLN.
    How do you figure the NFL is the lessor evil. At least the cable companies are not leeching onto the tit of the goverment for it's facilities(while making billions).

  3. #13
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: NFL Net files complaint against Comcast

    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "The" wrote:
    floop Comcast and the NFL.

    Honestly I can't figure out why you two would defend either one. Both are essentially withholding product from consumers unless those said consumers are willing to sell the proverbial farm.
    You are correct there.
    I am just picking the lessor of the two evils.
    That and I really, really like the programming on NFLN.
    How do you figure the NFL is the lessor evil. At least the cable companies are not leeching onto the tit of the goverment for it's facilities(while making billions).
    Well, yes, actually, they are.
    But that is beside the point.
    I feel that the cable companies are the lessor of the two evils because they are the ones directly responsible for raising the overall price to the consumer.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #14
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: NFL Net files complaint against Comcast

    Fuck ESPN.

  5. #15
    The Dropper's Avatar
    The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Portland, Ore.
    Posts
    2,101

    Re: NFL Net files complaint against Comcast

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "The" wrote:
    On that subject though, I do have to give out one more fuck you to Comcast, who holds a monopoly over cable internet access in my area. The only alternative is a (much) slower DSL line, and I get raped paying for the cable line. OK, rant off, now back to your regularly scheduled defending of overpaid cable and NFL whores.
    You do understand that the monopoly on cable internet access is due to your county or municipality and their contract with a provider, right?

    =Z=
    Yes. I do. And technically neither the city nor Comcast would call it a monopoly because a few other broadband service providers (including the likes of AT&T) have been given contracts as well over the past few years. However, as I underall of these companies are forced to use DSL because Comcast owns the cable lines and ain't sharing (for obvious reasons). So until another company would be willing to come in and install their own cable lines, Portland's hands are basically tied and we're stuck with Comcast.

    However... the city of Portland is tentively planning on beginning construction on a city-owned fiber optic network through to be used for high spped internet access. This would obviously blow open the doors to competition, but at (I fear) a ridiculously outlandish cost to the city.

  6. #16
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,278

    Re: NFL Net files complaint against Comcast

    "The" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "The" wrote:
    On that subject though, I do have to give out one more fuck you to Comcast, who holds a monopoly over cable internet access in my area. The only alternative is a (much) slower DSL line, and I get raped paying for the cable line. OK, rant off, now back to your regularly scheduled defending of overpaid cable and NFL whores.
    You do understand that the monopoly on cable internet access is due to your county or municipality and their contract with a provider, right?

    =Z=
    Yes. I do. And technically neither the city nor Comcast would call it a monopoly because a few other broadband service providers (including the likes of AT&T) have been given contracts as well over the past few years. However, as I underall of these companies are forced to use DSL because Comcast owns the cable lines and ain't sharing (for obvious reasons). So until another company would be willing to come in and install their own cable lines, Portland's hands are basically tied and we're stuck with Comcast.

    However... the city of Portland is tentively planning on beginning construction on a city-owned fiber optic network through to be used for high spped internet access. This would obviously blow open the doors to competition, but at (I fear) a ridiculously outlandish cost to the city.
    We're getting a fiber optic network in Monticello,mn. They had a vote a while back and looking at all the information it was really a no brainer to go with it. It doesn't cost the city a thing because it will be all paid for throught subscriptions(phone, internet, cable), and it will still be cheaper than the current options(cable, dsl).
    http://www.monticellofiber.com/

  7. #17
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,278

    Re: NFL Net files complaint against Comcast

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "The" wrote:
    floop Comcast and the NFL.

    Honestly I can't figure out why you two would defend either one. Both are essentially withholding product from consumers unless those said consumers are willing to sell the proverbial farm.
    You are correct there.
    I am just picking the lessor of the two evils.
    That and I really, really like the programming on NFLN.
    How do you figure the NFL is the lessor evil. At least the cable companies are not leeching onto the tit of the goverment for it's facilities(while making billions).
    Well, yes, actually, they are.
    But that is beside the point.
    I feel that the cable companies are the lessor of the two evils because they are the ones directly responsible for raising the overall price to the consumer.
    The goverment is building cable company facilities? I'm suprised.

  8. #18
    DustinDupont's Avatar
    DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,607

    Re: NFL Net files complaint against Comcast

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I love Direct TV
    Yeah it's sweet!

  9. #19
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: NFL Net files complaint against Comcast

    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "The" wrote:
    floop Comcast and the NFL.

    Honestly I can't figure out why you two would defend either one. Both are essentially withholding product from consumers unless those said consumers are willing to sell the proverbial farm.
    You are correct there.
    I am just picking the lessor of the two evils.
    That and I really, really like the programming on NFLN.
    How do you figure the NFL is the lessor evil. At least the cable companies are not leeching onto the tit of the goverment for it's facilities(while making billions).
    Well, yes, actually, they are.
    But that is beside the point.
    I feel that the cable companies are the lessor of the two evils because they are the ones directly responsible for raising the overall price to the consumer.
    The goverment is building cable company facilities? I'm suprised.
    Actually they are supplementing them for infrastructure costs... but that is a whole different issue that has nothing to do with this thread, so let's no hijack it.
    There are plenty of stadium threads out there in which you can complain about the government making smart capitol investments into private corporations.

    Again, I said that I feel that the cable companies are the lessor of the two evils because they are the ones directly responsible for raising the overall or programming price to the consumer.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  10. #20
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,512

    Re: NFL Net files complaint against Comcast

    I never have problems with reception.... ;D



    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Comcast reaches deal with NFL Network
    By snowinapril in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 06-01-2010, 11:38 AM
  2. Didn't know where else to post this (about comcast)
    By NaughtyWord in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-09-2009, 09:26 AM
  3. FunkyasFlea's General Complaint Thread
    By funkyasflea in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-25-2008, 02:10 PM
  4. NFL Network filing complaint with FCC against Comcast
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-08-2008, 07:21 PM
  5. NFL Network Cuts Comcast Deal
    By NodakPaul in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 08-10-2007, 11:53 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •