Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: NFL Net files complaint against Comcast

"The" wrote:
    On that subject though, I do have to give out one more fuck you to Comcast, who holds a monopoly over cable internet access in my area. The only alternative is a (much) slower DSL line, and I get raped paying for the cable line. OK, rant off, now back to your regularly scheduled defending of overpaid cable and NFL whores.
    You do understand that the monopoly on cable internet access is due to your county or municipality and their contract with a provider, right?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "The" wrote:
    floop Comcast and the NFL.

Honestly I can't figure out why you two would defend either one. Both are essentially withholding product from consumers unless those said consumers are willing to sell the proverbial farm.
    You are correct there.
    I am just picking the lessor of the two evils.
    That and I really, really like the programming on NFLN.
    How do you figure the NFL is the lessor evil. At least the cable companies are not leeching onto the tit of the goverment for it's facilities(while making billions).

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "The" wrote:

Honestly I can't figure out why you two would defend either one. Both are essentially withholding product from consumers unless those said consumers are willing to sell the proverbial farm.
    You are correct there.
    How do you figure the NFL is the lessor evil. At least the cable companies are not leeching onto the tit of the goverment for it's facilities(while making billions).
    Well, yes, actually, they are.
    But that is beside the point.
    I feel that the cable companies are the lessor of the two evils because they are the ones directly responsible for raising the overall price to the consumer.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Fuck ESPN.

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

"Zeus" wrote:
    "The" wrote:
    On that subject though, I do have to give out one more fuck you to Comcast, who holds a monopoly over cable internet access in my area. The only alternative is a (much) slower DSL line, and I get raped paying for the cable line. OK, rant off, now back to your regularly scheduled defending of overpaid cable and NFL whores.
    You do understand that the monopoly on cable internet access is due to your county or municipality and their contract with a provider, right?

=Z=
    Yes. I do. And technically neither the city nor Comcast would call it a monopoly because a few other broadband service providers (including the likes of AT&T) have been given contracts as well over the past few years. However, as I underall of these companies are forced to use DSL because Comcast owns the cable lines and ain't sharing (for obvious reasons). So until another company would be willing to come in and install their own cable lines, Portland's hands are basically tied and we're stuck with Comcast.

However... the city of Portland is tentively planning on beginning construction on a city-owned fiber optic network through to be used for high spped internet access. This would obviously blow open the doors to competition, but at (I fear) a ridiculously outlandish cost to the city.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"The" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "The" wrote:

=Z=
    Yes. I do. And technically neither the city nor Comcast would call it a monopoly because a few other broadband service providers (including the likes of AT&T) have been given contracts as well over the past few years. However, as I underall of these companies are forced to use DSL because Comcast owns the cable lines and ain't sharing (for obvious reasons). So until another company would be willing to come in and install their own cable lines, Portland's hands are basically tied and we're stuck with Comcast.

However... the city of Portland is tentively planning on beginning construction on a city-owned fiber optic network through to be used for high spped internet access. This would obviously blow open the doors to competition, but at (I fear) a ridiculously outlandish cost to the city.
    We're getting a fiber optic network in Monticello,mn. They had a vote a while back and looking at all the information it was really a no brainer to go with it. It doesn't cost the city a thing because it will be all paid for throught subscriptions(phone, internet, cable), and it will still be cheaper than the current options(cable, dsl).
    http://www.monticellofiber.com/

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "The" wrote:

You are correct there.
    I feel that the cable companies are the lessor of the two evils because they are the ones directly responsible for raising the overall price to the consumer.
    The goverment is building cable company facilities? I'm suprised.

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I love Direct TV
    Yeah it's sweet!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "The" wrote:

You are correct there.
    The goverment is building cable company facilities? I'm suprised.
    Actually they are supplementing them for infrastructure costs... but that is a whole different issue that has nothing to do with this thread, so let's no hijack it.
    There are plenty of stadium threads out there in which you can complain about the government making smart capitol investments into private corporations.

Again, I said that I feel that the cable companies are the lessor of the two evils because they are the ones directly responsible for raising the overall or programming price to the consumer.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I never have problems with reception.... ;D

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast