Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Re: NFL Mock draft 1.0

"gregair13" wrote:
    I don't want a WR in the first. I want oline or linebacker.
    That is called drafting for need. TWill style.

That mock has 4 OL and 5 LB off the board before 22. I'll take the 2nd best WR over the 5th best OL anyday.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

"V" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:

That mock has 4 OL and 5 LB off the board before 22. I'll take the 2nd best WR over the 5th best OL anyday.
    I see what you are saying. Maybe if he kills it at the combine, you guys can convince me. But otherwise, I am sticking with what i said.
    We're bringing purple back.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"gregair13" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:

I see what you are saying. Maybe if he kills it at the combine, you guys can convince me. But otherwise, I am sticking with what i said.
    I can understand that argument with Harvin or Nicks maybe, but not with Maclin.

NFL.com Profile

If he's a bust I'll be stunned.

"I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

"seaniemck7" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:
    [size=14pt]Mock draft 1.0: Lions' glaring need at QB makes Stafford top pick[/size]
    By Steve Wyche
    |
    NFL.com

Link to article:
    http://www.nfl.com/combine/story?id=09000d5d80ec895c&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

They have us (Vikings) drafting wide receiver Jeremy Maclin from Missouri in the first round.
    I'm far from 100 % shure that wide receiver is our biggest need, but this guy is something special! I hope the Vikings draft him if he should somehowe still be there with our 22nd selection. I have read that many of you guys want another wide receiver named Percy Harvin (and that's not a bad pick either) but I think Maclin is better. In my opinion, they are vary similar. They both have blazing speed, knows how to make players miss, good vision, blocks downfield, not afraid to go over the middle, and they are pretty versatile.

The things that makes my guy better is that he is bigger than Percy and might be even better in the return game. Plus, he can return both punts and kicks. In just two years of playing in college, he made three touchdowns on punts and two on kickoffs. He also set a NCAA Fresman record by running, catching, and returning for 2,776 all-purpose yards. These stats don't lie My Sexy Little Pixie!
    that'd be great if he were still gonna be there... i don't think he gets out of the top 15, maybe even top 10...

i'd rather have Hakeem Nicks over Harvin.. but Harvin wouldn't be a bad choice!
    I think you are on the right track with Maclin.
    He could very well be the first WR off the board.
    From what I hear, Crabtree won't run at the combine which could knock his stock down.
    NFLN said Crabtree will wait until his pro day to run due to injury.
    He's been training with Michael Johnson to get his 40 times down.
    Even with that, I would be surprised if he's not the first receiver taken.

If Maclin is available at #22 (which I doubt), I would absolutely take him.

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

"tastywaves" wrote:
    "seaniemck7" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:
    [size=14pt]Mock draft 1.0: Lions' glaring need at QB makes Stafford top pick[/size]
    By Steve Wyche
    |
    NFL.com

Link to article:
    http://www.nfl.com/combine/story?id=09000d5d80ec895c&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

They have us (Vikings) drafting wide receiver Jeremy Maclin from Missouri in the first round.
    I'm far from 100 % shure that wide receiver is our biggest need, but this guy is something special! I hope the Vikings draft him if he should somehowe still be there with our 22nd selection. I have read that many of you guys want another wide receiver named Percy Harvin (and that's not a bad pick either) but I think Maclin is better. In my opinion, they are vary similar. They both have blazing speed, knows how to make players miss, good vision, blocks downfield, not afraid to go over the middle, and they are pretty versatile.

The things that makes my guy better is that he is bigger than Percy and might be even better in the return game. Plus, he can return both punts and kicks. In just two years of playing in college, he made three touchdowns on punts and two on kickoffs. He also set a NCAA Fresman record by running, catching, and returning for 2,776 all-purpose yards. These stats don't lie My Sexy Little Pixie!
    that'd be great if he were still gonna be there... i don't think he gets out of the top 15, maybe even top 10...

From what I hear, Crabtree won't run at the combine which could knock his stock down.

Don't get me wrong.
    I think Crabtree is a stud, but he does not have elite speed (neither did jerry rice, mind you).
    So he needs quiet those concerns.
    by not running an efficient time at his pro day since he is not running at the combine, he could see his stock drop.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

"seaniemck7" wrote:
    "tastywaves" wrote:
    "seaniemck7" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:
    By Steve Wyche
    |
    NFL.com

Link to article:

Don't get me wrong.
    I think Crabtree is a stud, but he does not have elite speed (neither did jerry rice, mind you).
    So he needs quiet those concerns.
    by not running an efficient time at his pro day since he is not running at the combine, he could see his stock drop.
    Agreed that his 40 time may not impress, but I think that is already factored into him when being projected as high as top 5 pick currently.
    In
    his mind, he thinks that if he can run a great 40 that he can move up as high as #1 overall...it is Detroit after all.
    IF he really tanks the 40, then yes, I could see him plummet below Maclin.

Ranger is offline Coach

"seaniemck7" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:
    By Steve Wyche
    |
    NFL.com

Link to article:

I can't imagine anybody picking Maclin over Crabtree.
    Maclin has more speed, but is smaller, his routes aren't as crisp and his hands aren't as good.
    Crabtree projects as the better receiver, in my opinion.

I like Maclin more than Harvin though, as he has a similar skill set without as many injuries.
    I've also seen more Maclin, being a Big 12 guy.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I voted no, want them to take someone else.
    Funny thing, I worked up 4 mock drafts yesterday and in two of them the top 5 WR's go the following way:

Michael Crabtree, WR - No way Seattle doesn't go with him, even after the fracture issue came to light.
    Jeremy Maclin, WR - Buffalo has alot of needs, but this is one of thier biggest.
    If they go with a kid like Brian Orakpo, DE or Everette Brown, DE/OLB then I could see one of the top 4 WR's available for us.
    Percy Harvin, WR - Jets.
    Actually had him going to a couple of other teams but this one kindof makes sense as well.
    No QB worth a pick here, (to high for Freeman), Chris Wells, RB or one of the DE's (Tyson Jackson, DE) could also be an option.
    Again, the slide continues on WR's.

Under that scenario, Hakeem Nicks would be available.
    Problem for me still resides around what else is available and what our staff will think is a better pick.

Sure the WR is the "Sexy" pick, however, the following cats are available as well that make more sense....

Josh Freeman, QB
    DJ Moore, CB
    Alphonso Smith, CB
    Peria Jerry, DT
    Alex Mack, C or Max Unger C

......At least more sense to me than a WR at this point.
    :

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Funny thing, I worked up 4 mock drafts yesterday and in two of them the top 5 WR's go the following way:

Michael Crabtree, WR - No way Seattle doesn't go with him, even after the fracture issue came to light.
    Jeremy Maclin, WR - Buffalo has alot of needs, but this is one of thier biggest.
    If they go with a kid like Brian Orakpo, DE or Everette Brown, DE/OLB then I could see one of the top 4 WR's available for us.
    Percy Harvin, WR - Jets.
    Actually had him going to a couple of other teams but this one kindof makes sense as well.
    No QB worth a pick here, (to high for Freeman), Chris Wells, RB or one of the DE's (Tyson Jackson, DE) could also be an option.

Problem for me still resides around what else is available and what our staff will think is a better pick.

Sure the WR is the "Sexy" pick, however, the following cats are available as well that make more sense....

Josh Freeman, QB
    DJ Moore, CB
    Alphonso Smith, CB
    Peria Jerry, DT

:

Out of your five noted (that make more sense), I'll take CB, Alphonso Smith, athankyou.
    Playmaker with heart, good kid.
    Not afraid to mix it up in the run game.
    Don't let his height fool you, yes, he would have trouble with RoboWR (Calvin Johnson), but, everyone does.

Now, as it relates to Maclin...I completely concur with John Gruden's assessment.
    This kid will be one helluva pro football player.
    He noted yards rushing, receiving, and returning.
    As a 'Husker fan, I can attest to this kid's impact.
    Maclin tore up the Big 12, as did many offensive players, but, I think he is gonna be a special player...just has a knack for the big play at the right time.
    First downs, yards after catch, great returner, if he's available, and I HIGHLY doubt he will be, you take him.

As it relates to Crabtree...I agree Marr, no way he goes past the SeaBags.

Also, did you hear Spielman on Sirius NFL Radio with Gil Brandt?
    The Vikes use the same "system" that Brandt did to draft players.
    Spielman stated that they have 3 players rated at each position for each of their spots.
    They stay within those three players for each of their draft picks.
    If it fills a need, great, if not, they are going with the player they think is best, regardless of position.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"MaxVike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Percy Harvin, WR - Jets.

Josh Freeman, QB
    DJ Moore, CB
    Alphonso Smith, CB
    Peria Jerry, DT

:

Out of your five noted (that make more sense), I'll take CB, Alphonso Smith, athankyou.
    Playmaker with heart, good kid.
    Not afraid to mix it up in the run game.
    Don't let his height fool you, yes, he would have trouble with RoboWR (Calvin Johnson), but, everyone does.

Now, as it relates to Maclin...I completely concur with John Gruden's assessment.
    This kid will be one helluva pro football player.
    He noted yards rushing, receiving, and returning.
    As a 'Husker fan, I can attest to this kid's impact.
    Maclin tore up the Big 12, as did many offensive players, but, I think he is gonna be a special player...just has a knack for the big play at the right time.
    First downs, yards after catch, great returner, if he's available, and I HIGHLY doubt he will be, you take him.

As it relates to Crabtree...I agree Marr, no way he goes past the SeaBags.

Also, did you hear Spielman on Sirius NFL Radio with Gil Brandt?
    The Vikes use the same "system" that Brandt did to draft players.
    Spielman stated that they have 3 players rated at each position for each of their spots.
    They stay within those three players for each of their draft picks.
    If it fills a need, great, if not, they are going with the player they think is best, regardless of position.
    I missed that, however I have heard Gil say that before.

As to CB, I am awfully worried about my boy Chuck.
    That break sure looked nasty.
    My guess is he won't be back next year creating a opening on the roster.
    Hearing rumors on Sirius and scout etc that they are looking to fill that with a Vet.
    Still doesn't mean they won't take a CB with the first pick, however, I doubt it.

For me it comes down to 4 positions, pending FA....

a.
    DT - Almost convinced that if Peria is there he is our man.
    b.
    C - Unger is a interesting prospect.
    Plays 4 positions.
    Would be hard to pass up unless they bring in a Vet C and RT.
    c.
    QB - Not sure if Freeman is worth it at 22 but he will be there.
    6'6" beast with a cannon for a arm and can pass iwth touch.
    Depending on his workouts, he could be a suprise there.
    d.
    S - Hearing they are targeting Jermaine
    Phillips there but that doesn't make much sense.
    7 year vet is kindof out of thier norm as well as the money they paid M-will.
    Regardless, I don't see any S's (as of yet) that warrant a first round pick at this point.
    Watching William Moore to see if he climbs the boards but lots of value in the 3rd/4th to get help here.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast