Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: NFL minor League?

"YogidAbEAR" wrote:
    "jonnyb" wrote:
    "YogidAbEAR" wrote:
    first off i'm offended by your thinking that the CFL should be the farm league of the NFL. you've obviously never seen a CFL game.

theres no chance in hell the CFL will ever become the farm league of the nfl. the CFL first off is technically the premier league of canadian football. the cfl has different(and better) rules than the NFL and it ussual takes new players about 3 weeks to adjust to the bigger field and less downs before they get to play in games. plus the CFL would then become a revolving door of talent for the NFL, and interest in the CFL would decline.

i personally think that there should be a game every year between the best team in the CFL and the worst team in the NFL(with a split between the rules) that way you could really see the talent differences. i honestly think the BC lions could beat out the housten texans
    OH, yes, the "premier" league of canadian foot ball. Im sure he ment no disrespect to the greatness of the mighty and powerfull cfl.
    don't worry, i won't take your dumb UScentric views personally. if you had actually seen a cfl game you'd see that it kicks a$$, but of course you haven't
    You were actually offended by this? Sounds a little high strung to me, but I guess everybody picks their hill to die on... It is also rather immature to call someone else's viewpoint "dumb" simply because it doesn't match with your own. Even if it is a US-centric view (which, admittedly, many US citizens have), that makes it neither uneducated nor unintelligent. For that matter, your heavily thought out argument of "cfl games kick a$$" tend to show that you have a rather Canadian-centric view of the two sports.

Anyway, back to the actual topic of this thread... I don't like the idea of pulling someone up from a minor league roster to fill a injury spot. Having a strategy in place to be able to overcome injuries is part of what makes a season fun.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"YogidAbEAR" wrote:
    don't worry, i won't take your dumb UScentric views personally. if you had actually seen a cfl game you'd see that it kicks a$$, but of course you haven't
    We shoulda annexed Canada back in 1814 when we had a chance.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"westvirginiavikings" wrote:
    Wouldn't NFL Europe be considered the Minor Leagues?
    I agree. NFL Eurpoe is the closest thing to a minor league.
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold

Thanks to PPE for sig

"YogidAbEAR" wrote:
    first off i'm offended by your thinking that the CFL should be the farm league of the NFL. you've obviously never seen a CFL game.

theres no chance in hell the CFL will ever become the farm league of the nfl. the CFL first off is technically the premier league of canadian football. the cfl has different(and better) rules than the NFL and it ussual takes new players about 3 weeks to adjust to the bigger field and less downs before they get to play in games. plus the CFL would then become a revolving door of talent for the NFL, and interest in the CFL would decline.

i personally think that there should be a game every year between the best team in the CFL and the worst team in the NFL(with a split between the rules) that way you could really see the talent differences. i honestly think the BC lions could beat out the housten texans
    Look Yogi I didnt mean any disrespect to you or the CFL. I actually watch games on CBC. I just love football I was only thinking of a league that takes place around the same time as the NFL season.

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

The minor leagues of the NFL is the NCAA (and NFL Europe) The CFL is a different league (ala Japanese Baseball vs. MLB) and Arena football is really just for entertainment (yes I'm aware some NFL players have come from Arena Ball, but its still for entertainment, not grooming). It is interesting to know that the NFL contributes money to CFL football.

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

YogidAbEAR is offline Star Spokesman

"finnishvikingsfan" wrote:
    "YogidAbEAR" wrote:

Look Yogi I didnt mean any disrespect to you or the CFL. I actually watch games on CBC. I just love football I was only thinking of a league that takes place around the same time as the NFL season.

meh. plus the endless rotation of players would likely mean the death of the league. the thing that makes the league intresting compared to say the AHL is that you have players that you can cheer for without them getting called up between games, which is why the manitoba moose aren't liked very widely(but the people whgo do like them go to every game)

BradTheMan14 is offline Starter

doug flutie could be the comish of the farm cfl league
    Q: At your age, can you handle a full season?
    A: I m 37, number one. I took my family to Perkins a couple of days ago, and they didn t hand me a senior citizens discount card, so I feel pretty good.
    (Brad Johnson at an interview before the start of the season)

alberta_vike is offline Starter

Coming from someone who loves the CFL ( especially the Saskatchewan Roughriders ), there is absolutely no chance that the best CFL team could beat the best NFL team. Even if it was played with CFL rules, the NFL squad would win by at least 4 or 5 touchdown's easily.

I don't know if I would say CFL rules are better. Some of them I like, such as the bigger fields, the 12 - man sides, and the fact that there is no fair catch. Others I dislike, such as only having three downs, the defensive line lineing up a yard off the ball, and the 'rouge' which I think is probabaly the worst rule in any variation of any sport.

Anyway, I am glad that the CFL is not a farm league for the NFL. If it were tje CFL would probabaly die out, and that can't happen until the Riders win at least one more Grey Cup. If you think the Vikings 0 for 4 Super Bowls is bad, the Riders have only one the Grey Cup twice, in almost 100 years, in an 8 team league.

I know how to pick winners, that's for sure.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123