Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: NFL minor League?

Wouldn't NFL Europe be considered the Minor Leagues?

Prophet Guest

It is called college football.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

There are a bunch of "minor leagues"...Arena League, Arena League 2, and several other semi pro leagues.

http://www.semiprofootball.org/
    http://www.google.com/Top/Sports/Football/American/Semi-Pro/Leagues/
    http://www.nfatoday.com/regions/index.htm
    http://www.google.com/Top/Sports/Football/American/Semi-Pro/Teams/
    http://www.logoserver.com/Football.html

These all have links to individual teams and leagues...you could surf all day long and not get through them all...have fun!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

It is called college football
    true dat.
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

I was just thinking of some kind of league that is able to call up players when certain injuries happen. These players would be the guys that on the final cut day of the preseason those guys could go to this league. A team doesnt have to fill up the whole roster.

I know this will probably never happen but it is fun to think about.

"finnishvikingsfan" wrote:
    I was just thinking of some kind of league that is able to call up players when certain injuries happen. These players would be the guys that on the final cut day of the preseason those guys could go to this league. A team doesnt have to fill up the whole roster.

That is what the practice squad is for.

"cajunvike" wrote:

Practice squad has a thing where if you are over a certain amount of years you cant be on it.

jonnyb is offline Rookie

"YogidAbEAR" wrote:
    first off i'm offended by your thinking that the CFL should be the farm league of the NFL. you've obviously never seen a CFL game.

theres no chance in hell the CFL will ever become the farm league of the nfl. the CFL first off is technically the premier league of canadian football. the cfl has different(and better) rules than the NFL and it ussual takes new players about 3 weeks to adjust to the bigger field and less downs before they get to play in games. plus the CFL would then become a revolving door of talent for the NFL, and interest in the CFL would decline.

i personally think that there should be a game every year between the best team in the CFL and the worst team in the NFL(with a split between the rules) that way you could really see the talent differences. i honestly think the BC lions could beat out the housten texans
    OH, yes, the "premier" league of canadian foot ball. Im sure he ment no disrespect to the greatness of the mighty and powerfull cfl.

"cajunvike" wrote:

Practice squad has a thing where if you are over a certain amount of years you cant be on it.
    Which means that if you haven't made it by then, then it's time to give up the dream and go to work like the rest of us schlubs! :lol:

YogidAbEAR is offline Star Spokesman

"jonnyb" wrote:
    "YogidAbEAR" wrote:
    first off i'm offended by your thinking that the CFL should be the farm league of the NFL. you've obviously never seen a CFL game.

theres no chance in hell the CFL will ever become the farm league of the nfl. the CFL first off is technically the premier league of canadian football. the cfl has different(and better) rules than the NFL and it ussual takes new players about 3 weeks to adjust to the bigger field and less downs before they get to play in games. plus the CFL would then become a revolving door of talent for the NFL, and interest in the CFL would decline.

i personally think that there should be a game every year between the best team in the CFL and the worst team in the NFL(with a split between the rules) that way you could really see the talent differences. i honestly think the BC lions could beat out the housten texans
    OH, yes, the "premier" league of canadian foot ball. Im sure he ment no disrespect to the greatness of the mighty and powerfull cfl.
    don't worry, i won't take your dumb UScentric views personally. if you had actually seen a cfl game you'd see that it kicks a$$, but of course you haven't

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast