Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

NFL minor League?

Now I was thinking what if the NFL had a minor league. Just league to keep the young free agents in football condition and give them experience. I know there is NFL europe but what about a league during the season like maybe have the NFL and CFL join up and the CFL could be the minor league. What does everyone else think of this idea?

Articnv is offline Coach

Re: NFL minor League?

NFL is the minor leaguge of NFL.

CFL would have to change rule sother wise what tehy learn in CFl they would have to rrelearn in NFL

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

That is wierd because I was thinking the exact same thing the other day. I think it would benefit everyone involved. In a perfect world, the minor league teams would be set up in cities that don't have a pro team already. I know a lot of Alaskans that would love to see a team come to Anchorage.

If the minor league season corresponded w/ the NFL regular season, teams that are decimated by injury can get a player that is actually playing, thus ensuring better all around quality players. How many times have you heard "Just two weeks ago so-and-so was stocking groceries"? A minor league would also add to the parity of the NFL, which I think is good.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

id like if the CFL was a minor league simply because i would get to see some better talent playing here in canada..the problem is that in the CFL a certain number of your players have to be canadian born, and there are only a couple of those guys that are elite players in the league, and none that are NFL worthy as of right now..the other problem i would have with it would be the instability..winnipeg already stunk it up the last couple years, and we look to have a good team this season..i would hate losing players and seeing my team recycling the roster year after year
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

Well we had the WLEF or something.
    that was before the nfl europe.
    I think it would be great to have a minor legue.
    it could be great for upcomming coaches & players and maybe even arena football players.
    Think of cities like Las vegas, Los Angeles,New mexico? and many other big cities without a Pro team.
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

YogidAbEAR is offline Star Spokesman

first off i'm offended by your thinking that the CFL should be the farm league of the NFL. you've obviously never seen a CFL game.

theres no chance in hell the CFL will ever become the farm league of the nfl. the CFL first off is technically the premier league of canadian football. the cfl has different(and better) rules than the NFL and it ussual takes new players about 3 weeks to adjust to the bigger field and less downs before they get to play in games. plus the CFL would then become a revolving door of talent for the NFL, and interest in the CFL would decline.

i personally think that there should be a game every year between the best team in the CFL and the worst team in the NFL(with a split between the rules) that way you could really see the talent differences. i honestly think the BC lions could beat out the housten texans

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

If anyone from the CFL had a significant amount of talent, they would be in the NFL where all the money is. The CFL is full of NFL rejects. There is no way the best CFL team could beat the worst NFL team :shock: . That is like saying the best XFL team could beat the worst NFL team.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

A team would have to carry far to many players to fill both rosters.

Also, I believe it would not be economically feasible for a lot of low market teams to afford it

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

We do have a minor league in the NFL.

The Browns, Packers, Raiders....we just take there players and they always suck.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"finnishvikingsfan" wrote:
    Now I was thinking what if the NFL had a minor league. Just league to keep the young free agents in football condition and give them experience. I know there is NFL europe but what about a league during the season like maybe have the NFL and CFL join up and the CFL could be the minor league. What does everyone else think of this idea?
    A minor-league NFL would be filled with the lowest rung of potential NFL players, simply based on the potential for injuries. Not even 6th-round draft choices would be placed there. So I don't see that there would ever be a league push for such a thing.

And besides - as I've read several times over the years - the NFL does have a minor league, already - NCAA College Football. And they don't have to pay any of the costs associated with it.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast