Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL in London

Ayresd is offline Training Camp

NFL in London

Sorry Guys + Gals, I know there are other posts on this subject. (Please move if appropriate)

Just got my NFL London Wembley tickets!
    The intial entry price for tickets was £35 ($70?) but lo+behold starting prices now £45 ($90?).
    Fans whos registered, like me, were given a password and allowed to apply on first come first serve basis.
    It took 20 mins to search for tickets, 10 mins to allocate and then the server crashed without paying for them. Searched again and again, got tickets 55 mins after start time.

Need your opinion on best views at a game, I got (the cheap seats) top tier, at about 8 o'clock (view an oval on its side).

You now cannot search for mulitple tickets and single seats are going for £65 ($130?).

I hear that the Dolphin + Giants fans have been allocated about 10,000 each team with sideline view.

Cant wait, just for the experience, have to say will be wearing my #80 Carter shirt and cheering the Dolphins, due to my mates being Cowgirls and Jags fans.

keep posting.
    See, Jesus Is Purple..

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: NFL in London

"Ayresd" wrote:
    Need your opinion on best views at a game, I got (the cheap seats) top tier, at about 8 o'clock (view an oval on its side).
    Awesome Ayresd!
    Those sound like decent seats.
    I am guessing simewhere between the 20 and 30 right?
    Not bad.

IMHO the best views at a game are actually corner endzone.

Endzone itself is cool because that is where the scoring takes place (obviously) and with an end view of the play, you get a better view of the holes that open and close, and the lateral separation between WRs and defenders.
    However, it is hard for me to judge depth accurately when in the endzone.
    A 7 yard run looks an awful lot like a 10 yard run, and that can make a huge difference.

Sidelines are nice because you can tell depth with no problem.
    Plus it is the view most of us are accustomed to seeing on TV, so we are familiar with the play.
    But you really miss a lot when you take the lateral view out.

The corner is the best of both worlds IMHO.
    You can see the plays develop laterally, are near an endzone for the scoring, and can easily judge depth.
    Although you aren't quite in the corner endzone, you will still have some of the sae benefits.
    Enjoy the game!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Swine !!!!!
    seriously though glad to hear you got tickets. I did apply as well but didn't win in the ticket lottery - still I don't mind, if I had got some then I'd more than likely put them up on Ebay for sale.
    You've got a good position there - hopefully the views at the new stadium justify the increase in prices !
    Enjoy and fly the purple flag !
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Ayresd is offline Training Camp

Thanks for the feedback!

http://www.nfllondon2007.com/news.aspx

See, Jesus Is Purple..

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

I got mine too! I'm on the bottom tier at about 4 o'clock (if we're using a clock to explain our seating arrangements). And I'm going to Wembley on Sunday so I'll let you know what the view is like inside the ground!

I'm so excited about this.. I don't care that it's only the Dolphins and Giants.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Benet" wrote:
    I got mine too! I'm on the bottom tier at about 4 o'clock (if we're using a clock to explain our seating arrangements). And I'm going to Wembley on Sunday so I'll let you know what the view is like inside the ground!

I'm so excited about this.. I don't care that it's only the Dolphins and Giants.
    4:00 and 8:00 are only helpful if we know where 12:00 is.

So - your mission is to sneak into your NFL seats this Sunday and take a picture from there.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

They said they had so much demand they believe they could esially have sold 10-11 times the tickets that they have.

That is a lot of people.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Benet" wrote:

4:00 and 8:00 are only helpful if we know where 12:00 is.

So - your mission is to sneak into your NFL seats this Sunday and take a picture from there.

=Z=
    No need for the clandestine shenanigans yet.. Here's the seating chart for the game. I'm gonna be in Block 119.

But I will take photos of the game I'll be at on Sunday and let you know where they are on the seating chart so I can give y'all an indication of what the view is like. From what I've heard from people who have already been, the view is fantastic from anywhere, even the back of the nosebleeds.. But we'll see!

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

So those of you that are going.

Who will you be rooting for in that game?

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

There was alot of reports this year throughout the year that Toronto will be getting an NFL franchise in the near future. And doesn't T.dot get a regular season game next season?

How would you guys feel if toronto got a team?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast