Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

NFL: the last decade.

I ran across this article that had some figures from the last decade. The order didnít make any sense, so, I put it together in a format that is objective instead of subjective.

The following order is based on wins in last decade, if tied they are in alphabetical order. The first number is the number of wins and second number is the number of playoff births. The team in bold won a Super Bowl(s).

Colts 115, 9 (1)
    Patriots 112, 7 (3)
    Steelers 103, 6 (2)
    Eagles 103, 8
    Packers 95, 6
    Broncos 93, 4
    Ravens 92, 6 (1)
    Titans 91, 5
    Giants 88, 6 (1)
    Chargers 85, 5
    Vikings 84, 4
    Saints 83, 3 (1)
    Cowboys 82, 4
    Seahawks 82, 5
    Bears 81, 3
    Jets 80, 5
    Buccaneers 79, 5 (1)
    Dolphins 79, 3
    Panthers 79, 3
    Jaguars 76, 2
    Falcons 75, 3
    Rams 71, 4
    Chiefs 70, 2
    Redskins 70, 2
    Bengals 68, 2
    49ers 68, 2
    Bills 66, 0
    Cardinals 62, 2
    Raiders 62, 3
    Browns 57, 1
    Texans 49, 0
    Lions 42, 0

So, the data shows that 8 of the 10 Super Bowl wins were won by teams that had the most wins in the last decade. The only exceptions were the Buccaneers and the Saints.

Same teams in order of playoff appearances, ties in alphabetical order.

Colts 115, 9 (1)
    Eagles 103, 8
    Patriots 112, 7 (3)
    Giants 88, 6 (1)
    Packers 95, 6
    Ravens 92, 6 (1)
    Steelers 103, 6 (2)
    Buccaneers 79, 5 (1)
    Chargers 85, 5
    Jets 80, 5
    Seahawks 82, 5
    Titans 91, 5
    Broncos 93, 4
    Cowboys 82, 4
    Rams 71, 4
    Vikings 84, 4
    Bears 81, 3
    Dolphins 79, 3
    Falcons 75, 3
    Panthers 79, 3
    Raiders 62, 3
    Saints 83, 3 (1)
    Bengals 68, 2
    Cardinals 62, 2
    Chiefs 70, 2
    49ers 68, 2
    Jaguars 76, 2
    Redskins 70, 2
    Browns 57, 1
    Bills 66, 0
    Texans 49, 0
    Lions 42, 0

If you look at the number of playoff appearances by team then the top eight teams in playoff appearances took home 9 of 10 Lombardis. The choke artists within the top eight teams in playoff appearances were the Eagles and the Packers. The Saints were the only team to win the Super Bowl with only three playoff appearances in the decade, hovering in the Raiders, Panthers, Falcons, and Dolphins pool; each with three playoff appearances.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: NFL: the last decade.

The Lions won 9 games in 2000?
    We're bringing purple back.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:NFL: the last decade.

Thanks for the read and the followon breakdown my friend....

Notes: Failed to excite in the decade until Favre arrived in 2009.
    What the hell is he talking about? Guess my level of excitement is a bit lower than his. Although not alot of Highs, there was some good stuff, even under Tice.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:

What the hell is he talking about? Guess my level of excitement is a bit lower than his. Although not alot of Highs, there was some good stuff, even under Tice.
    So are you telling me that this hasn't been the most exciting season of the decade?

2000- 41-0, not predicted as favourites. exciting, but not hugely
    2001 - 5-11, missed playoffs (not exciting)
    2002 - 6-10, missed playoffs
    2003 - 9-7, missed playoffs (exciting in the sense that we got knocked out last second by the cards)
    2004 - 8-8, backed into playoffs (exciting regular season STATS, and a great playoff win in Lambeau, but fell short because we really weren't that good)
    2005 - 9-7, nothing special really, Brad Johnson led our exitement here
    2006 - 6-10, Brad Childress and Brad Johnson led us to an exciting 6-10 record. Peterson filled the void with actual excitement at times
    2007 - 8-8, still, no playoffs, Peterson still exciting, but we were not a very good team
    2008 - 10-6, Looking better, Defense playing better, and we could rely on the excitement of not knowing who our QB would be. We didn't expect to go far, and we didn't
    2009 - 12-4, Sign Favre, get Harvin, exciting. First round bye.. exciting. Stomp the cowgirls... exciting. Being predicted all season as a superbowl team, exciting.

If your telling me that this wasn't hte most exciting season as a fan, then your "disdain" for Favre has taken full control of you.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

So are you telling me that this hasn't been the most exciting season of the decade?

If your telling me that this wasn't the most exciting season as a fan, then your "disdain" for Favre has taken full control of you.
    ITT: IBP spits truth.
    We're bringing purple back.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

gregair13 wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

If your telling me that this wasn't the most exciting season as a fan, then your "disdain" for Favre has taken full control of you.
    When you're marrdro there's more to analyze when the team isn't obviously good (plus wildwoman has a crush on Favre which pisses him off).
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    2006 - 6-10, Brad Childress and Brad Johnson led us to an exciting 6-10 record. Peterson filled the void with actual excitement at times
    Adrian Peterson was drafted in 2007. You must be thinking of Chester Taylor, as he was signed following the 2005 season to be the featured back in 2006.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Zeus wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Adrian Peterson was drafted in 2007. You must be thinking of Chester Taylor, as he was signed following the 2005 season to be the featured back in 2006.

=Z=
    thanks for the correction.

My revised review on 2006:

2006 - 6-10 Taylor is our best back we've had since Smith... (not saying much) Johnson excites us all the way to 6-10.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

2000- 41-0, not predicted as favourites. exciting, but not hugely
    2001 - 5-11, missed playoffs (not exciting)
    2002 - 6-10, missed playoffs
    2003 - 9-7, missed playoffs (exciting in the sense that we got knocked out last second by the cards)
    2004 - 8-8, backed into playoffs (exciting regular season STATS, and a great playoff win in Lambeau, but fell short because we really weren't that good)
    2005 - 9-7, nothing special really, Brad Johnson led our exitement here
    2007 - 8-8, still, no playoffs, Peterson still exciting, but we were not a very good team
    2008 - 10-6, Looking better, Defense playing better, and we could rely on the excitement of not knowing who our QB would be. We didn't expect to go far, and we didn't
    2009 - 12-4, Sign Favre, get Harvin, exciting. First round bye.. exciting. Stomp the cowgirls... exciting. Being predicted all season as a superbowl team, exciting.

If your telling me that this wasn't hte most exciting season as a fan, then your "disdain" for Favre has taken full control of you.
    Were did the "the most exciting season of the decade" come from? The man said "Failed to excite in the decade until Favre arrived in 2009".

Not sure about him, but I've been excited several times (over the Vikes) in this decade.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

gregair13 wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

IBP is following the "Logical Progression" train of thought and missed what I said.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast