AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

NFL International Series - Goodell gets it wrong IMO

http://www.nfluk.com/opinions/articl...ommitment-uk-0

Well so much for there being variety in teams coming to the UK. We get lumbered with the Rams for three years on the trot and get to see the Pats ( Yawn ) again.. oh whoopee do
    Still guess it allows us Brits to see this years #2 draft pick.. Maybe the NFL are hoping that everyone loves the Rams and so they can then move them to London as the first overseas franchise.

Ah well may save me worrying about buying tickets for the next three years then
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by AngloVike View Post
    Rams 3 year commitment to the UK | NFL UK

Well so much for there being variety in teams coming to the UK. We get lumbered with the Rams for three years on the trot and get to see the Pats ( Yawn ) again.. oh whoopee do
    Still guess it allows us Brits to see this years #2 draft pick.. Maybe the NFL are hoping that everyone loves the Rams and so they can then move them to London as the first overseas franchise.

Ah well may save me worrying about buying tickets for the next three years then
    You're not going to get one of the signature franchises to agree to give up a home game 3 years in a row. I can get that they are trying to establish continuity and build a fan base.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    You're not going to get one of the signature franchises to agree to give up a home game 3 years in a row. I can get that they are trying to establish continuity and build a fan base.

=Z=
    that I have no doubt at all, the only way one of the ' big boys' appear in London would be as the road team so no surprises there. I'd at least expect the league to split it amongst the so-called 'minor' teams rather than picking one team. Still guess the Rams are happy to lose a game for three years.
    The funny thing is that the league doesn't need to build a fan base up. Whatever teams play here then the game is guaranteed to sell out as it is the only opportunity for most people to see an NFL game live. The same would apply if a franchise was set up here, games would sell if only for people wanting to see the superstar players.
    Great excuse for 17 game season so that no-one loses a home game but of course that won't happen for a few years yet.

Blog Entries
    It's getting quite funny now with the objections raised by the CVC who own the Rams Dome. As a result the general admission tickets that were due to go on sale this week have been suspended and no-one is saying anything. The biggest silence is from the NFL who could well have done with this embarassing cock-up raising it's ugly head during SuperBowl week
    The fans on the NFLUK site are less than impressed and as far as media relations are going the league is getting its arse well and truly roasted.
    Can't wait to see how this pans out

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    I could see it being the VIkings that go. We are the only team without a lease, one less hurdle to jump. I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    I could see it being the VIkings that go. We are the only team without a lease, one less hurdle to jump. I wouldn't have a problem with it.
    At the moment I think that the Rams will be in London this year with the league having to make sure that the CVC is substantially compensated for losing that one game - after all the long term goal of global domination will be worth the $$$ it costs this year.
    May well be that they have to look at another team for the next two years to give up a game or have two separate teams again for each year. As you say jmc then the Vikes could fall into that criteria as, I believe, there is no stipulation on them to play all home regular season games in Minneapolis. Wait for the howls of pain from the MN politicians if the area loses income from two games

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    IMO, all regular season games should be played in the USA. It's not like there's UK teams they'd be playing against. UK will just be the start, next Scandanavian counties would want games followed by Spain, France, etc,

Next thing you know, a season ticket holder will only get to see 4 home games & have to watch his team play the other 4 games on TV while they do the international tour.

So much for home field advantage.

In the case of the Vikings, if they gave up even 1 home game a year, they'd end up stuck with the Metrodome lease forever, since all their home games were not played there.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    In the case of the Vikings, if they gave up even 1 home game a year, they'd end up stuck with the Metrodome lease forever, since all their home games were not played there.
    Excellent point.