Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Re: NFL hopes to start testing for HGH

C Mac D wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    They need to focus on developing an accurate urine test for HGH. Pay some company to do it, that's the only way it will get done. But I really don't know enough to say whether or not that's possible, but they can detect all sorts of hormones in piss, so why not this?

The Union won't let its players get blood tested, which is reasonable. No labor union would subject their members to it.
    The NFL has been using blood tests for years. Did you actually read the article? It says so -

The NFL has used preseason blood tests since at least 2006 for cholesterol and tryglycerates.
    Yes, but to test for HGH I presume they'd use the same random style testing that they do now, where players are tested 6-7 times per year on average(up to 6 random tests in the offseason.)If pilots, bus drivers, etc, are not subjected to blood tests, why should athletes be?

And the current blood tests are scheduled blood tests for the sake of player health.

The NFL needs to focus on getting a test developed which can trace it in urine, then the union will have virtually no case against it.

Funny article about the current piss-testing.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/The-Cooley-Zone-Adventures-in-NFL-drug-testing?urn=nfl,81183
    Pilots, bus drivers, etc. are not in a business where their success or failure is a direct result of that which HGH (and steroids) can make possible. That's why.

The NFL is not in the business of developing tests. That's the playground of WADA.

=Z=
    He said the NFL needs to get a test developed... I imagine he's talking about hiring an outside firm to do it, not the NFL itself.

It's OK to admit someone knows more on the topic than yourself.
    Underlined: I was not referring to HGH tests, just drug tests in general. A professional who directly risks the lives of others every day by doing their job should be subjected to harsher, more invasive tests than a professional athlete(not that blood tests are a good method of detecting drug use in most cases, just like the HGH blood test.) Although I suppose you could stretch that NFL players risks their lives and those of the other men on the field.

Considering I said that, yes, that is what I was talking about lol

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Re:NFL hopes to start testing for HGH

Need to separate testing for workplace safety from performance enhancement testing.

DOT and Nuclear Reg. Comm. have set standards for testing drugs of abuse under the guise of workplace safety.

Performance enhancing drugs have a different track record and the laws aren't well developed.

The IOC is one organization that has not done a credible job in that category.

New rules need to be adopted and tested in the courts.

It seems reasonable for the NFL and players union to establish and agree on a performance enhancing policy.

They would then test it's legality when challenged in court, as it certainly will be.
    And hopefully it would evolve into an effective policy.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: NFL hopes to start testing for HGH

C Mac D wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    They need to focus on developing an accurate urine test for HGH. Pay some company to do it, that's the only way it will get done. But I really don't know enough to say whether or not that's possible, but they can detect all sorts of hormones in piss, so why not this?

The Union won't let its players get blood tested, which is reasonable. No labor union would subject their members to it.
    The NFL has been using blood tests for years. Did you actually read the article? It says so -

The NFL has used preseason blood tests since at least 2006 for cholesterol and tryglycerates.
    Yes, but to test for HGH I presume they'd use the same random style testing that they do now, where players are tested 6-7 times per year on average(up to 6 random tests in the offseason.)If pilots, bus drivers, etc, are not subjected to blood tests, why should athletes be?

And the current blood tests are scheduled blood tests for the sake of player health.

The NFL needs to focus on getting a test developed which can trace it in urine, then the union will have virtually no case against it.

Funny article about the current piss-testing.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/The-Cooley-Zone-Adventures-in-NFL-drug-testing?urn=nfl,81183
    Pilots, bus drivers, etc. are not in a business where their success or failure is a direct result of that which HGH (and steroids) can make possible. That's why.

The NFL is not in the business of developing tests. That's the playground of WADA.
    He said the NFL needs to get a test developed... I imagine he's talking about hiring an outside firm to do it, not the NFL itself.

It's OK to admit someone knows more on the topic than yourself.
    And it's okay for you not to stick your nose into everything, trying to stir up the pot.

Trust me - I know plenty on this subject. As I know Mr. A does. Which is why I wrote "WADA" rather than "World Anti-Doping Agency" because I knew he'd know what it meant.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Prophet wrote:
    Let them all roid up with no limitations and the problem will eventually take care of itself.
    I'm with you.

Who the hell really cares if some cat, who is paid to entertain me, is taking something to enhance his entertainment value?

If it wasn't for the "Baseball Purest" who worry so much about stat comparrisons from one year to the other as a means to argue who was/is the better 2nd basemen of all time, we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

In the end, roid up and let the good lord sort them out later.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    Let them all roid up with no limitations and the problem will eventually take care of itself.
    I'm with you.

Who the hell really cares if some cat, who is paid to entertain me, is taking something to enhance his entertainment value?

If it wasn't for the "Baseball Purest" who worry so much about stat comparrisons from one year to the other as a means to argue who was/is the better 2nd basemen of all time, we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

Well. That's an interesting shift in your viewpoint, Marty.

http://www.purplepride.org/index.php/community/discussion/16-general-nfl-discussion/676552-merriman-without-roids?limit=15&start=15#676978
    Marrdro wrote:
    I'm sorry, I hate cheaters and liers.

Doctored or not, I don't really care.
    His numbers are along the lines (10) that he got when he came into the league vice the number (17) he put up last year while on the juice.

Shamefull that fans still think he is better than what he really was while on the crap.

http://www.purplepride.org/index.php/community/discussion/5-the-clubhouse/650118-winner-of-5-olympic-medals-marion-jones-acknowledges-use-of-steroids#706597
    Marrdro wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Cheaters never win my friends......
    LOL, Marty.
    Is the sky blue in your world?

=Z=
    Who has the medals now?
    Will you say the Pats are Winners?
    Would you say Bonds is the HR champion?

Long story short, some people will contend that people of this nature deserve thier accomplishments however I don't.

Cheaters never win.
    =Z=

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    I'm with you.

http://www.purplepride.org/index.php/community/discussion/16-general-nfl-discussion/676552-merriman-without-roids?limit=15&start=15#676978
    Marrdro wrote:

His numbers are along the lines (10) that he got when he came into the league vice the number (17) he put up last year while on the juice.

Shamefull that fans still think he is better than what he really was while on the crap.

http://www.purplepride.org/index.php/community/discussion/5-the-clubhouse/650118-winner-of-5-olympic-medals-marion-jones-acknowledges-use-of-steroids#706597
    Marrdro wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    LOL, Marty.

=Z=
    Who has the medals now?

Long story short, some people will contend that people of this nature deserve thier accomplishments however I don't.

Cheaters never win.
    =Z=
    It's not cheating if it's not illegal.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    I'm with you.

Marrdro wrote:

Marrdro wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    LOL, Marty.

=Z=
    Who has the medals now?

Cheaters never win.
    =Z=
    That was before I got fed up with all this crap. As I said, I'm now of the mind that I don't really care anymore.

In the end, its just entertainment to me. Let em roid up.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    [quote]Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    I'm with you.

Marrdro wrote:

Marrdro wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    LOL, Marty.

=Z=
    Who has the medals now?

Cheaters never win.
    =Z=
    That was before I got fed up with all this crap. As I said, I'm now of the mind that I don't really care anymore.

In the end, its just entertainment to me. Let em roid up.[/quote]

BadlandsVikings wrote:
    [quote]Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    I'm with you.

Marrdro wrote:

Marrdro wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    LOL, Marty.

=Z=
    Who has the medals now?

Cheaters never win.
    =Z=

In the end, its just entertainment to me. Let em roid up.[/quote]

In the end, who did he really hurt? Sure wasn't me......

Roid up boys.......Roid up.

Marrdro wrote:
    In the end, who did he really hurt? Sure wasn't me......

Roid up boys.......Roid up.
    Are you really that myopic? What if the Vikings were to lose to a team with more (or better) PE-abusing players than ours? That wouldn't "hurt" you?

=Z=

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast