Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

Re: NFL returning to London in 2008

Like Anglo said London is not certain to be the venue this year....

NFL officials have confirmed they are in talks about another UK fixture, although they stressed that a decision on the venue has yet to be made.

David Tossell, director of public affairs for NFL International, said: "There's a number of strong contenders but we have spoken to Murrayfield (Edinburgh) as well as Cardiff. Wembley's obviously an option again as well, but both of those stadia offer viable options, if not for this year then for the future."
    http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Murrayfield-in-running-for-return.3688960.jp

Also read this on a UK message board....

I have a good freind stateside who's PA is Ben Leber's sister. Apparently the Vikings have been told that they are 50/50 to be playing a game in London next season.

Dont shoot the messenger.
    http://nfluk.com/usersession_new.php?board=22;action=display;thread id=31012;start=0

So the Vikings might be playing a regular season game in Scotland next year. Ok it's just speculation and I am not getting my hopes up yet, but if it were to happen.....

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    There is already a thread started for this subject.......

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=41576.10
    Uh, that's a link to this thread.

If there was another one started, I searched as well as checked the first four pages of the General NFL forum and didn't see anything...

EDIT:
    I take it back - I found it with Britain in the headline - I was skimming for London.
    Still doesn't come up under the search though...

Sorry for the dup post
    A.
    I used the headline that SI used - I thought the use of "Britain" was kinda dumb, myself, I would have put "Great Britain" or "United Kingdom", but that's just me.

B.
    As noted in the article I posted, it is actually rather possible that the game will NOT be in London at Wembley, because of the local bitching about how torn up the field was after the game.
    Like it's the NFL's fault they don't know how to build a field that drains well.
    So, the game could end up at Millenium Stadium, which is in Wales.

In any case, I posted it first, so this thread needs to be merged.

Neener!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

it better not be vikings/jags because i had planned on going to that game in jacksonville..that would suck
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    There is already a thread started for this subject.......

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=41576.10
    Uh, that's a link to this thread.

If there was another one started, I searched as well as checked the first four pages of the General NFL forum and didn't see anything...

EDIT:
    I take it back - I found it with Britain in the headline - I was skimming for London.
    Still doesn't come up under the search though...

Sorry for the dup post
    LOL! I posted the wrong link in there. Here's the correct one...........

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=41553.0

I knew Zeus started one already & all I did was do an advanced search for "Britain" in the past 10 days & I found it easily.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    I wonder how the attendance sits with Miami and Carolina as well.
    It won't be Miami again.

The Vikings play an away game at Jacksonville.
    It's possible...
    im thinking jacksonville too..as good as they are, their attendance figures are pathetic..my dad lives about a half hour away from jacksonville and he says it doesnt hardly cost a thing to go to a game, and when he goes, they have about 1/4 of the stadium blocked off beacuse they just cant sell the tickets
    Yup, and they still had blackouts for half of the season this year.
    They have tarps that cover seven sections in the upper north endzone and four more sections in the upper deck corners.
    It takes about 10,000 seats out of commission for the game.
    It has to remain this way for the entire season, including the playoffs.

Edit: Hey olson, you should try to go to the Jags-Vikings game this year (assuming it isn't in London) since your dad lives so close...
    yah i had just found out when i read this thread that the vikes were going there..i live in canada, but figured i could visit my dad in the process of going to the game since hes a diehard vikes fan as well..weve gone every year to minneapolis to watch games for the past 8 years, but he just moved to brunswick georgia, which just makes it easier to see the vikes play there this year (IF they play there)
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"scottishvike" wrote:

NFL officials have confirmed they are in talks about another UK fixture, although they stressed that a decision on the venue has yet to be made.

David Tossell, director of public affairs for NFL International, said: "There's a number of strong contenders but we have spoken to Murrayfield (Edinburgh) as well as Cardiff. Wembley's obviously an option again as well, but both of those stadia offer viable options, if not for this year then for the future."
    http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Murrayfield-in-running-for-return.3688960.jp

I have a good freind stateside who's PA is Ben Leber's sister. Apparently the Vikings have been told that they are 50/50 to be playing a game in London next season.

http://nfluk.com/usersession_new.php?board=22;action=display;thread id=31012;start=0

So the Vikings might be playing a regular season game in Scotland next year. Ok it's just speculation and I am not getting my hopes up yet, but if it were to happen.....

Murrayfield would be a good choice as well and proven to have a field that will hold up to gridiron football. Nice venue and potential for a good atmosphere and able to accomodate all the needs of two football teams.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

hx38596 is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: NFL headed back to Britain in 2008

As long as they can find an artificial turf field... or sod that can handle 300+ lb guys tearing at each other.

The soccer fields they have there have 170lb lightweights floating and dancing about bunting balls to each other.
    That field after an NFL game looked like it was bombed in an air raid.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"scottishvike" wrote:

If they do end up playing there, it damn well better be one of their away games.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    "scottishvike" wrote:

If they do end up playing there, it damn well better be one of their away games.

Singer in principle I don't agree with it either, but if it's the best chance I'm going to get to see the Vikes play I am not going to cut my nose off to spite my face. Nothing has been confirmed and the latest rumors suggest the Vikings won't be one of the teams coming over, but whether you like it or not these overseas games seem to be the direction the NFL want to take the sport. It may be that the season is extended to 17 games to accommodate it in the future so no one loses a home game, we'll just have to wait and see.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: NFL headed back to Britain in 2008

Next year the Bills will play a game in Toronto...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast