Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Bleedspurple is offline Rookie

the nfl is going now force a team to move to la

Both the Cards and the Chargers recently signed agreements that will keep both teams there for long time . I just moved from SD and there was a lot of speculation that they would move the Chargers to LA but the city stepped in and got the deal done. Why can't our legislators do that. Funny thing is that no one SD even cares about the Chargers.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Bleedspurple" wrote:
    Both the Cards and the Chargers recently signed agreements that will keep both teams there for long time . I just moved from SD and there was a lot of speculation that they would move the Chargers to LA but the city stepped in and got the deal done. Why can't our legislators do that. Funny thing is that no one SD even cares about the Chargers.
    YOU LISTENING, MINNESOTANS!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Ok Cajun, it isn't fair and it has happened b4.

But it is like extorsion. Loyal fans, greedy owners wanting too much, as a fan you feel like you are getting gouged. Tickets going up. Taxes Going Up.

Yes, we have gotten our hearts ripped out b4 in MN. I can't believe it could happen again. I can't believe the people of MN hafe forgotten the MN Lakers, the MN NORTH Stars, and the attempt at the MN Twins.

We got lucky with the Twins that it was legally held up that the Twins couldn't (I think it was breech on their contracts) be moved. Anyway what ever it was, it was MN luck.

Selig is a monster. You can see it in his eyes. He wanted the Twins. Don't let him near your kids because if you happen to turn youreyes away for second, he will probably have them working in a sweatshop somewhere in a 3rd world country.

Oh by the way, I am glad that DC is getting a baseball team. BUT I am sad for the Expos fan
    I would be more sad if there were more to be sad for. Montreals prob was lack of fan base. THey didn't really deserve a team. Diff between Expos and Vikes or Twins is that we have a fan base that supports them. Vikes sellout. Twins attendance could be better but we are a small market to support so much baseball.

Bottom line is if MN wants to keep the Vikes we better wake up. Stop procratinating. Have called your local politician to tell him you voted for him and you want the Vikes. I would look his ph# up right now. Then, copy that phone number down and give it to a friend.
    Start now don't wait until it is too late.

"snowinapril" wrote:
    Ok Cajun, it isn't fair and it has happened b4.

But it is like extorsion. Loyal fans, greedy owners wanting too much, as a fan you feel like you are getting gouged. Tickets going up. Taxes Going Up.

Yes, we have gotten our hearts ripped out b4 in MN. I can't believe it could happen again. I can't believe the people of MN hafe forgotten the MN Lakers, the MN NORTH Stars, and the attempt at the MN Twins.

We got lucky with the Twins that it was legally held up that the Twins couldn't (I think it was breech on their contracts) be moved. Anyway what ever it was, it was MN luck.

Selig is a monster. You can see it in his eyes. He wanted the Twins. Don't let him near your kids because if you happen to turn youreyes away for second, he will probably have them working in a sweatshop somewhere in a 3rd world country.

Oh by the way, I am glad that DC is getting a baseball team. BUT I am sad for the Expos fan
    I would be more sad if there were more to be sad for. Montreals prob was lack of fan base. THey didn't really deserve a team. Diff between Expos and Vikes or Twins is that we have a fan base that supports them. Vikes sellout. Twins attendance could be better but we are a small market to support so much baseball.

Bottom line is if MN wants to keep the Vikes we better wake up. Stop procratinating. Have called your local politician to tell him you voted for him and you want the Vikes. I would look his ph# up right now. Then, copy that phone number down and give it to a friend.
    Start now don't wait until it is too late.
    Exactly what he said...

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

If it'll help, I'll call up some Minnesota politicians and tell them to do everything they can to keep the Vikings right where they belong. I really would like to see a team here, just as long as it's not my beloved (Minnesota) Vikings.

Cajun is right though, we do love our purple and gold. (Lakers and old-school Kings)

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

I don't see Red still owning the team in '11 anyway.

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

"jackyl" wrote:
    I don't see Red still owning the team in '11 anyway.
    I second that, he's been looking for a buyer ever since Denny left the team.
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

"NeoVikesTX" wrote:
    I'm sure Red's greedy ass would move them there if he could, but I don't think he would be able to break the lease of the Metrodome until 2011.
    Recall too, it's not just the lease that keeps Red up at night, it's the fact that former General Manager Mike Lynn, who left shortly after the Herschel Walker trade, still gets 10% of the gross revenue off of all suites at the Metrodome, and will continue to collect until 2011. This was a deal he negotiated for himself while pushing for state funding on the Metrodome. What a sweet deal !! Then he goes and retires in luxury. :lol: Red's gotta just hate his current situation. :angryfire:

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

"SKOL" wrote:
    "NeoVikesTX" wrote:
    I'm sure Red's greedy ass would move them there if he could, but I don't think he would be able to break the lease of the Metrodome until 2011.
    :lol: Red's gotta just hate his current situation. :angryfire:
    I agree. Red, your situation is not going to get any better man. Just make a deal now, keep the Vikes in MN, It will take stress of of you and all of us here.
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

"SKOL" wrote:
    "NeoVikesTX" wrote:
    Recall too, it's not just the lease that keeps Red up at night, it's the fact that former General Manager Mike Lynn, who left shortly after the Herschel Walker trade, still gets 10% of the gross revenue off of all suites at the Metrodome, and will continue to collect until 2011. This was a deal he negotiated for himself while pushing for state funding on the Metrodome. What a sweet deal !! Then he goes and retires in luxury. :lol: Red's gotta just hate his current situation. :angryfire:
    I really, really, really HATE that sorry f*cker, Mike Lynn. Not only did he broker the Herschel trade that did nothing for us, but the hated Cowgirls got three Super Bowls out of the deal...GRRRRRRR!!!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345