Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Big Daddy is offline Starter

the nfl is going now force a team to move to la

Has anyone noticed that all the shi**y teams get new stadiums? Detroit = Ford field, Arizona = Whatever it's going to get named, Chicago = Renovated stadium, the Bucs, Atlanta, Cincinnati, Pitt, and Seattle all sucked when there stadiums were built. Maybe if the Viks just sucked it up for a few years they would get one too!
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel it s warmth!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Trust me, the state of Minnesota does not want to lose their team. I was in Houston when the Oilers pulled out of town and it sucked for the fans there. Alot of people complain about Red and how he is so bad. Let me tell you, he is a sweetheart compared to Bud Adams (total d*ckhead). While Houston was glad to be rid of Bud, the loss of the team was heartbreaking. Houston was lucky that the ownership groups in LA were so incompetent or otherwise the team that became the Texans would have ended up in LA instead of Houston. The new owner in Houston, Bob McNair, is one of the best and most respected owners in pro sports. The Vikings should be so lucky as to get one like McNair if the team is sold. Anyway, this time if a team (such as the Vikings) is relocated, the options for the area that loses its team will not be as bright. It is doubtful that the NFL will expand in the near future, forcing the new LA team's former home city to try to steal some other franchise. In order to do this, the former NFL city will have to entice some unhappy owner to move, with (you guessed it) not only a new stadium, but also tax incentives, which in the long run will cost more than giving Red at least some of what he is asking for. Besides, who wants lose the team that they have been rooting for essentially their whole lives, only to exchange it for a team whose history is rooted somewhere else and whose fans that were left behind have to deal with the same issues.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    What about the cardinals! They have no fans and I don't think anyone would care if they left!! And I would have to say that hockey might be close to football for the state of Minnesota as a favorite sport!

VERY TRUE

And didn't the Rams move from L.A. because nobody came to their games in the early ninties?
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

Expansion is the only way for a team to really thrive in L.A. A large portion of L.A., of Cali in general belongs to the Raider fans, the 49rs next, with rest belonging to a variety of other teams. The Vikings being no exception. Not very many people are willing to accept another out-of-state team as their favorite just because they moved here.
    The draw of this relocated franchise would be the opportunity for the fans of other teams to see them play without having to drive or fly hours away.

As much as I would like to see the Vikings here in L.A. it just wouldn't be the same. I'm a Minnesota Vikings fan not a Los Angeles Vikings fan.

Don't think that the NFL will expand for some time, if ever...they have repeatedly stated that since the time period when they were deciding on Houston vs. LA for what became the Texans...so I wouldn't hold my breath for a new team in LA. I would think that they should move either the Raiders or the Chargers to LA and set them up in a super deluxe stadium with all the bells and whistles.

Let the (T)Raiders stay in Oakland. We don't want their trash back here. As for the Chargers, their attendance might actually get worse if they move here. While I agree that the NFL won't be expanding any time soon I'll still say it's a new team or none at all.

None at all...Sorry, dude.

BTW, where are you located in SoCal?

Don't be sorry, I'm not. I'm a fan of one of the best franchises in the league. It's Vikings all the way.

I currently live in the area.

I used to live in Ventura way back when the Raidahs trained in Oxnard near the Radisson and the Cowboys were training in TO back in the late 80s...there were alot of Cowboy fans there because of that and I hated it because I grew up hating the Cowboys (still do).

Man, I am craving an IN-N-OUT burger right about now...ummmmm!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast