Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    pudgesoprano is offline Asst. Coach

the nfl is going now force a team to move to la

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- The general manager of the Los Angeles Coliseum expressed optimism Thursday concerning the possibility of an NFL franchise playing there in four years.

The NFL has expressed its desire to have a franchise in this area in 2008 or 2009, with the Coliseum a candidate along with the Rose Bowl in Pasadena and sites in Anaheim, Carson and perhaps El Toro where stadiums would have to be built.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/football/nfl/09/23/bc.fbn.nfl.lacoliseum.ap/index.html

and the nfl is going pay for the stadium
    Here s the most important thing: You can NEVER lose your sense of humor. Without that, you ve got NOTHING. (Divinci) James Belushi

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Doesnt sound good for us. I sure in hell hope red doesnt relocate. Just sell the team.

I would have thought L.A would get its own brand new franchise.

maybe the saints could move there. :lol: THe los angeles saints.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

No, Louisiana needs the Saints. How about the Raiders, the Bay Area doesn't need two teams and the Raiders have been in LA before. While we are moving teams, they should take the A's and move them to Portland or Vegas. Spread the wealth is my motto, don't take teams from areas that are underrepresented. Louisiana usually has the fifth or sixth most NFL players playing in any given year. Per capita, Louisiana probably puts a higher percentage of players in the NFL than any other state.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Why do they desperatly want a team in LA they will just fail like they always do.

Minnesota supports there team very strongly. LA wouldnt be able too, screw them

There aren't any saints in LA, only sinners. City of the Angels, yeah right.

pudgesoprano is offline Asst. Coach

it's either the saints,colts or vikings
    Here s the most important thing: You can NEVER lose your sense of humor. Without that, you ve got NOTHING. (Divinci) James Belushi

Let them have the Colts. Basketball is the main sport in Indiana, anyway. Football is the main sport in Louisiana, and probably in Minnesota as well. In addition, Colts is a generic enough name that it wouldn't look funny with LA in front of it. LA Vikings and LA Saints just doesn't look right.

I heard that the Indianapolis Colts are the front-runner for moving to LA. They have the smallest stadium, and they have an escape clause for moving out of the stadium at the end of 2007. Their owner has problems even paying his players, much less getting a new stadium built there.

I'm sure Red's greedy ass would move them there if he could, but I don't think he would be able to break the lease of the Metrodome until 2011. I think the state of Minnesota will be more inclined to get a new stadium built for the Vikes when 2011 gets a little closer. Procrastanation at its finest.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

I'm a strong proponant that when a franchise moves, it should leave the mascot behind. How stupid is the LA Lakers (from Minnesota), the Utah Jazz (from New Orleans), or the Phoenix Cardinals (originally from Chicago).

The "Colts" should be in Baltimore, where they belong, and Indianapolis can name a new team if they want. Thanks god Tennessee dropped the "Oilers" and went to the Titans.

So regarldess of who goes, let LA rename the team and let the city hold on to the colors, symbols, and nickname in the event a team ever returns.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

ksvikesfan is offline Rookie

What about the Chargers. They aren't drawing anybody. It would be a very short move so any Chargers fans left in San Diego could make the trek. To me, they would be the ideal candidate to move to LA.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast