singersp is offline PPO Newshound

NFL Free Agent Preview

[size=13pt]NFL Free Agent Preview[/size]

Where will Randy Moss go? We peg the destinations of the offseason's moving vans.

by Bill Barnwell
    sports.ign.com

February 7, 2008 - For fans of 30 teams, the last second of the Super Bowl couldn't come quick enough. Now that we're officially in the NFL offseason, there are dreams of huge additions to your team like Adalius Thomas and Randy Moss, or the kind of drafts that add Aaron Ross, Kevin Boss, and Ahmad Bradshaw to the equation....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: NFL Free Agent Preview

Thanks for the read my friend.

I still say that Hackett is a decent option for our offense considering who is out there.

DJ Hackett, UFA, Seahawks -- Hackett's been amazing when healthy, but he's struggled through injury, and the Seahawks already have Deion Branch, Bobby Engram, and Nate Burleson at wideout. That could send Hackett elsewhere, and perhaps owing to his experience in a West Coast system and the struggles of Reggie Brown to break out into a #1 wideout, the Eagles smell like the favorites to get him.
    This guy might also come cheap and be a good fit next to the DT's we have.

Justin Smith, UFA, Bengals -- The Bengals used the franchise tag on Smith last year, and despite his first-round pedigree, he's been somewhat disappointing. They weren't much of a defense with him, so expect them to let Smith go play somewhere else in 2008. We'll say that the Jets, who desperately need quality defensive linemen, will bring in Smith to play end.
    As for Safety, I think if the Cowboys mess up and let Hamlin hit the market we should go out of our way to get him as a primary FA pickup.
    If not, we move Griff to S, draft another guy and pick up a CB either in the draft or via FA.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Chazz is offline Coordinator

Justin Smith, UFA, Bengals -- The Bengals used the franchise tag on Smith last year, and despite his first-round pedigree, he's been somewhat disappointing. They weren't much of a defense with him, so expect them to let Smith go play somewhere else in 2008. We'll say that the Jets, who desperately need quality defensive linemen, will bring in Smith to play end.

I think Smith is a gimmie to wear purple. That is if we decide to go get him. I see only one reason we wouldn't make it a priority to sign Smith; if we already signed Suggs.

I still say that Hackett is a decent option for our offense considering who is out there.

I thought I was the only guy who wanted to pursue Hackett. Out of the god knows how many posts of people yelling at me for wanting to keep T-Will, not one ever mentioned we bring in Hackett to replace him. I think we might be able to get him because of his injury thing. It might be a kind of second chance for him, but we won't know until we see who goes after him.

You just moved up a column my friend.
    ;D

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

this is from a video game website, so i wouldnt read into it too much
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Out of all the free agents I think I want Asante Samuel the most! Justin Smith and Suggs are also appealing.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Chazz" wrote:

I think Smith is a gimmie to wear purple. That is if we decide to go get him. I see only one reason we wouldn't make it a priority to sign Smith; if we already signed Suggs.

I thought I was the only guy who wanted to pursue Hackett. Out of the god knows how many posts of people yelling at me for wanting to keep T-Will, not one ever mentioned we bring in Hackett to replace him. I think we might be able to get him because of his injury thing. It might be a kind of second chance for him, but we won't know until we see who goes after him.

You just moved up a column my friend.
    ;D
    You need to read my posts a little closer then.
    Actually, there are a few on here who actually look at a player based on his fit in the scheme vice just his name recognition value.
    ;D

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/in...5755#msg705755
    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/in...4038#msg704038
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

I would love to see Hackett become a Viking