Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

NFL Free Agency: 10 Possible 2011 Homes for TJ

Mods, this is about other teams and TJ. Thought this was an OK forumn. Change it if you want.....

This offseason, every NFL team in need of a quarterback will ardently pursue Philadelphia's Michael Vick. Set to become a free agent this spring, Vick is coming off the best season of his career, by far. Of course, there exists a strong possibility that Vick will simply remain with the Eagles, the franchise that gave him his second chance in the league.

If he does, and even if he does not, Tarvaris Jackson is another available option for teams looking to make a change under center. Jackson will also be a free agent this offseason, and his current team, the Minnesota Vikings, seem more keen on the potential of young passer Joe Webb than on Jackson.

2. Miami Dolphins
    3. Carolina Panthers
    4. Tennessee Titans
    5. Cleveland Browns
    6. Philadelphia Eagles
    7. San Francisco 49ers
    8. Seattle Seahawks
    9. Oakland Raiders
    10. Green Bay Packers
    NFL Free Agency: 10 Possible 2011 Homes for Tarvaris Jackson

OK, I can buy into all of them except 8 and 10. Didn't even consider 1 cause it was the Vikings.

No way in hell this staff resigns him. Fickle fans would have a hissy.

On a side note, I thought the Iggles were the most interesting, especially if the Chiller shows up. Probably gonna trade Kolb and TJ, if nothing else has won coming from the bench.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

Re: NFL Free Agency: 10 Possible 2011 Homes for TJ

Thanks for posting Marr.I've been hoping for an article like this even if it is from...:S bleacherreport

You're right he definitely won't be back in Minny and I'm sure he wants to leave just as bad as most fans want him to. A fresh start is best for everyone.

I personally hope to see him end up in either San Fran or Arizona but I absolutely wish him the best where ever he goes.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

1. Burger King
    2. McDonalds
    3. Wendys
    4. IHOP
    5. Dennys
    6. KFC
    7. Arbys
    8. Pizza Hut
    9. Delta Sonic (car Wash)
    10.Won Hong Lo (chinese cuisine)

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "2beersTommy" #1087147
    1. Burger King
    2. McDonalds
    3. Wendys
    4. IHOP
    5. Dennys
    6. KFC
    7. Arbys
    8. Pizza Hut
    I doubt he goes to any of those places. He'd probably overcook the food and give it to the wrong customer.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1087083
    Mods, this is about other teams and TJ. Thought this was an OK forumn. Change it if you want.....

This offseason, every NFL team in need of a quarterback will ardently pursue Philadelphia's Michael Vick. Set to become a free agent this spring, Vick is coming off the best season of his career, by far. Of course, there exists a strong possibility that Vick will simply remain with the Eagles, the franchise that gave him his second chance in the league.

If he does, and even if he does not, Tarvaris Jackson is another available option for teams looking to make a change under center. Jackson will also be a free agent this offseason, and his current team, the Minnesota Vikings, seem more keen on the potential of young passer Joe Webb than on Jackson.

2. Miami Dolphins
    3. Carolina Panthers
    4. Tennessee Titans
    5. Cleveland Browns
    6. Philadelphia Eagles
    7. San Francisco 49ers
    8. Seattle Seahawks
    9. Oakland Raiders
    10. Green Bay Packers
    NFL Free Agency: 10 Possible 2011 Homes for Tarvaris Jackson

OK, I can buy into all of them except 8 and 10. Didn't even consider 1 cause it was the Vikings.

No way in hell this staff resigns him. Fickle fans would have a hissy.

On a side note, I thought the Iggles were the most interesting, especially if the Chiller shows up. Probably gonna trade Kolb and TJ, if nothing else has won coming from the bench.
    My list is a bit different.

1- Steelers
    2- Jags
    3- Titans
    4- Dallas
    5- Oakland
    6- Washington

These are the teams that I believe give him the best chance of being in a system he is suited to run I left off teams like Cleveland and Cincy because they are running a WCO variation and he would flounder in them. In the end he is made of glass and I don't think any team is going to give him much of an opportunity to play unless it comes to desperation and even then he has not demonstrated the ability to stay healthy and capitalize on the opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1087149
    1. Burger King
    2. McDonalds
    3. Wendys
    4. IHOP
    5. Dennys
    6. KFC
    7. Arbys
    8. Pizza Hut
    I doubt he goes to any of those places. He'd probably overcook the food and give it to the wrong customer.
    Ya I don't think they would appreciate a jump toss of the burger here and there while missing or over shooting the bun. Just wouldn't work out IMO.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

1. Burger King
    2. McDonalds
    3. Wendys
    4. IHOP
    5. Dennys
    6. KFC
    7. Arbys
    8. Pizza Hut
    I have previously stated that I thought TJ would be out of football after next season. I must say, I've resisted posting what you did and almost passed out laughing. I like the guy, feel for him, blah, blah, blah...but, you captured the appropriate list of future employers. I might just replace Dennys with Waffle House, just sayin'

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

I'm confused as to why he would enter the restaurant industry when there's 100+ QB jobs in the NFL and also some in other leagues like the CFL and UFL that would still pay more. Also, he has a degree in psychology that he might put to use if he totally puts football to the side. Worst case scenario, semi-well known failed athletes always find some easy job in finance or real estate.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Tad7" #1087161
    I'm confused as to why he would enter the restaurant industry when there's 100+ QB jobs in the NFL and also some in other leagues like the CFL and UFL that would still pay more. Also, he has a degree in psychology that he might put to use if he totally puts football to the side. Worst case scenario, semi-well known failed athletes always find some easy job in finance or real estate.
    nobody puts an Undergrad degree in psychology to use unless it's to get a Masters.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Tad7" #1087161
    How many Psychologists does it take to change a lightbulb?

One- But the lightbulb has to want to change.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast