Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

NFL Films guru uses coaches' tape

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/ross_tucker/06/02/greg.cosell/index.html

NFL Films guru uses coaches' tape to break down hot league topics
    Posted: Wednesday June 2, 2010 11:55AM ; Updated: Wednesday June 2, 2010 11:55AM
    Ross Tucker

One of the things I miss most about playing is the unlimited access to all of the coaches' tape teams use to evaluate players and game plan for opponents. Watching games on television with the ever-increasing technology is outstanding, and you can certainly glean some information about players and teams in this manner, but it just isn't the same as the coaches' tape. To truly critique players and coaches at a deeper level, you have to check out the "all-22" and "end zone" cuts that are only available at NFL team training facilities and NFL Films headquarters in Mount Laurel, N.J.

The "all-22" look is a wide view from the sideline that allows one to see what every player is doing on every play. It is especially helpful in the passing game to identify coverages and evaluate receivers and defensive backs. The "end zone" angle is just that, a camera in the end zone that focuses on offensive and defensive linemen.

A guy who watches plenty of coaches' tape is Greg Cosell, an NFL Films employee who also happens to be both the creator and executive producer of the NFL Match-Up show that is popular among NFL players and coaches. I spoke with him recently to get his take on a few burning NFL questions. The beauty of Cosell is he does not work for an NFL team, thus he has no agenda, unlike some of the players and coaches I talk to around the league. He simply offers his opinions based on what he sees in his exhaustive film study with the likes of Ron Jaworski and Merrill Hoge in preparation for Match-Up.
    Nice article. Love the Tebow take at the end.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re:NFL Films guru uses coaches' tape

Zeus wrote:
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/ross_tucker/06/02/greg.cosell/index.html

NFL Films guru uses coaches' tape to break down hot league topics
    Posted: Wednesday June 2, 2010 11:55AM ; Updated: Wednesday June 2, 2010 11:55AM
    Ross Tucker

One of the things I miss most about playing is the unlimited access to all of the coaches' tape teams use to evaluate players and game plan for opponents. Watching games on television with the ever-increasing technology is outstanding, and you can certainly glean some information about players and teams in this manner, but it just isn't the same as the coaches' tape. To truly critique players and coaches at a deeper level, you have to check out the "all-22" and "end zone" cuts that are only available at NFL team training facilities and NFL Films headquarters in Mount Laurel, N.J.

The "all-22" look is a wide view from the sideline that allows one to see what every player is doing on every play. It is especially helpful in the passing game to identify coverages and evaluate receivers and defensive backs. The "end zone" angle is just that, a camera in the end zone that focuses on offensive and defensive linemen.

A guy who watches plenty of coaches' tape is Greg Cosell, an NFL Films employee who also happens to be both the creator and executive producer of the NFL Match-Up show that is popular among NFL players and coaches. I spoke with him recently to get his take on a few burning NFL questions. The beauty of Cosell is he does not work for an NFL team, thus he has no agenda, unlike some of the players and coaches I talk to around the league. He simply offers his opinions based on what he sees in his exhaustive film study with the likes of Ron Jaworski and Merrill Hoge in preparation for Match-Up.
    Nice article. Love the Tebow take at the end.

=Z=
    I saw Tebow play live a number of times and have to agree 100% on everything he said.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:NFL Films guru uses coaches' tape

Ross is on the Sirius channel. Has some very interesting insight into the game.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg