Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35
  1. #1
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,782
    Blog Entries
    4

    NFL in Europe - its official.. London hosts

    [size=14pt]Touchdown for London [/size]

    London will be the venue for the first competitive NFL game ever to be played outside North America, the National Football League announced today.



    http://www.nfluk.com/news-display.php?id=2291

    So now to see who the partcipating teams are. Current speculation on Sky Sports at the weekend was possibly a Miami/Giants matchup. Least with it not being the Vikes then I won't be disaapointed to not get a ticket - as I can see the vast majority of the tickets going to corporate packages rather than the average fan.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  2. #2
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: NFL in Europe - its official.. London hosts

    "AngloVike" wrote:
    [size=14pt]Touchdown for London [/size]

    London will be the venue for the first competitive NFL game ever to be played outside North America, the National Football League announced today.



    http://www.nfluk.com/news-display.php?id=2291

    So now to see who the partcipating teams are. Current speculation on Sky Sports at the weekend was possibly a Miami/Giants matchup. Least with it not being the Vikes then I won't be disaapointed to not get a ticket - as I can see the vast majority of the tickets going to corporate packages rather than the average fan.
    It doesn't say which stadium will be used.
    What's the capacity of the biggest stadiums in London?

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  3. #3
    Ayresd's Avatar
    Ayresd is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    26

    Re: NFL in Europe - its official.. London hosts

    Just had comment from the NFL Europe director.

    It will be at Twickenham (the rugby stadium) or Wembley (soccer stadium) both can hold 80'000. Although they are still building the new Wembley it may be one of the first games in any sport to be held there, thats if its even finished on time.

    They are announcing the teams formally on Superbowl eve. But speculation is that it will be between two East Coast teams (I hear NY Giants and Miami Dolphins) Both teams will have a home game before the week in October and then get a bye week after that.

    And they still are to determine which team will have the game classed as their 'home' game.

    More if I get it.
    See, Jesus Is Purple..

  4. #4
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: NFL in Europe - its official.. London hosts

    "Ayresd" wrote:
    Just had comment from the NFL Europe director.

    It will be at Twickenham (the rugby stadium) or Wembley (soccer stadium) both can hold 80'000. Although they are still building the new Wembley it may be one of the first games in any sport to be held there, thats if its even finished on time.

    They are announcing the teams formally on Superbowl eve. But speculation is that it will be between two East Coast teams (I hear NY Giants and Miami Dolphins) Both teams will have a home game before the week in October and then get a bye week after that.

    And they still are to determine which team will have the game classed as their 'home' game.

    More if I get it.
    I knew I remembered something about a "new Wembley", so that was confusing me.
    Is the largest stadium in the UK that one in Wales?

    And, please, links us up with any articles from the UK press about this!

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  5. #5
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,782
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: NFL in Europe - its official.. London hosts

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Ayresd" wrote:
    Just had comment from the NFL Europe director.

    It will be at Twickenham (the rugby stadium) or Wembley (soccer stadium) both can hold 80'000. Although they are still building the new Wembley it may be one of the first games in any sport to be held there, thats if its even finished on time.

    They are announcing the teams formally on Superbowl eve. But speculation is that it will be between two East Coast teams (I hear NY Giants and Miami Dolphins) Both teams will have a home game before the week in October and then get a bye week after that.

    And they still are to determine which team will have the game classed as their 'home' game.

    More if I get it.
    I knew I remembered something about a "new Wembley", so that was confusing me.
    Is the largest stadium in the UK that one in Wales?

    And, please, links us up with any articles from the UK press about this!

    =Z=
    The new Wembley is almost completed - finally - and will have a capacity of 90,000 seated spectators, this is in the north west of London. Twickenham, which is located in the south west fringes of London has a capacity of approx 82,000.
    The Millenium Stadium, which is in Cardiff has a 74,500 capacity. This was used by the FA ( socccer to some
    ) whilst the old Wembley Stadium was demolished and re-built.

    As yet the only press links I've seen have been a direct copy of the one at the start of the thread but will keep an eye out. I know that the media here, especially as the game approaches, will have all sorts of angles on this.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  6. #6
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,782
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: NFL in Europe - its official.. London hosts

    Links I have found so far

    Daily Express
    http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/sport....NFL-LONDON.XML

    Daily Telegraph
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mai...6/ugrwem16.xml

    The Times
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,10370-2549470,00.html

    The Guardian
    http://sport.guardian.co.uk/american...991456,00.html

    There are other newspapers but I haven't found any links on them at all

    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  7. #7
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: NFL in Europe - its official.. London hosts

    6 pm London time.
    I think that is 12:00 noon here, right?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #8
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,782
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: NFL in Europe - its official.. London hosts

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    6 pm London time.
    I think that is 12:00 noon here, right?
    yep 1pm Eastern, Noon Central, 11am Mountain time and 10:00am Pacific
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  9. #9
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: NFL in Europe - its official.. London hosts

    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    6 pm London time.
    I think that is 12:00 noon here, right?
    yep 1pm Eastern, Noon Central, 11am Mountain time and 10:00am Pacific
    Even in summer with daylight savings in play?

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  10. #10
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,782
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: NFL in Europe - its official.. London hosts

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    6 pm London time.
    I think that is 12:00 noon here, right?
    yep 1pm Eastern, Noon Central, 11am Mountain time and 10:00am Pacific
    Even in summer with daylight savings in play?

    =Z=
    whether it's daylight savings or not, UK is always 5 hrs ahead of eastern etc etc. We move clocks back in October the same weekend as you guys.


    Incidentally found another link for those interested

    BBC
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/othe...ll/6248825.stm


    and if you want to see some views by some people then click on the "606 Debate give your reaction to the news" link which is halfway down.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Ponder hosts workout; gives playbook to vets
    By i_bleed_purple in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 06-11-2011, 06:35 PM
  2. Jared Allen hosts Glazier's After Party (Video)
    By snowinapril in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-28-2009, 03:35 PM
  3. Adrian Peterson hosts Special Olympics athletes
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-21-2009, 03:13 PM
  4. Church Hosts 'Porn and Pancakes' Event
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-26-2007, 06:41 PM
  5. What channel bests hosts the vikings on?
    By vikingfan21 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-19-2003, 09:13 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •